Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2015, 08:33 AM

2,294 posts, read 3,427,156 times

Advertisements

And then there is this ... Kids at the school now protesting in support of Officer Ben Fields. Maybe they know something about this student others don't??

Students protest IN SUPPORT of Ben Fields who dragged schoolgirl from desk | Daily Mail Online

Old 11-01-2015, 08:40 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Ridiculous!

By your logic, a male cop watching a female criminal killing children should stand idly by until a female cop shows up.

The only countries that employ the restrictions you mention are Muslim countries. And those places completely suck... Why don't you consider moving to one of them and experiencing it for yourself.
Please do yourself a favor and travel. In plenty nations, including non-Muslim, the sexes are educated separately. And even when educated together, men handle the boys and women handle the girls.

A number of those countries are very nice to live in. I certainly am considering moving to one of them. A number of schools in my family's country of origin are this way, and no, the country doesn't suck. The nation is doing considerably well...moving forward.

Btw, that attempt at a comparison is poor. This is not a matter of life and death. Nowhere near it. How silly.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:41 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
What's the weather like today in 1955?
Nice try.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:42 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Alaska View Post
And then there is this ... Kids at the school now protesting in support of Officer Ben Fields. Maybe they know something about this student others don't??

Students protest IN SUPPORT of Ben Fields who dragged schoolgirl from desk | Daily Mail Online
Having read comments and accounts in multiple locations, the following is true: the girl should have obeyed the command, the officer used too much force in enforcing the command, and the vast majority of commenters do not think the girl was right.

Maybe they were all sick of other pupils attitudes too.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:43 AM

39,209 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Excuses for adults who should know how to conduct themselves. They are a major reason why young people today exhibit poor behavior.

Very few cultures would condone such ghetto uncivilized behavior from a man toward a teenage girl. She should have listened but not listening is no excuse for manhandle another man's daughter.

As noted before, this is where other societies have it right. Adult women should handle underaged girls and adult men should handle underaged boys.

Manhandling a teenage girl because she didn't listen to you is uncultured and uncivilized. Quite disgusting really.
such ghetto uncivilized behavior from a man. Seriously?

Ben Fields was fired after the incidence. You can argue that police officers should not be any part of the classroom discipline, but I feel judgmental language like this is rather counterproductive.

Why did he have to be fired? How would other police officers handle the same situation? Or Officer ben Fields just happened to be In the wrong place at the wrong time? Ben Fields seems to be the scapegoat in the situation since the teacher/school asked him to do his job (A police job). A police job is not pretty.

You can't fire somebody and punish somebody simply because he did his job. If the school didn't want police officers there, then they should have handled situation themselves.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Please do yourself a favor and travel. In plenty nations, including non-Muslim, the sexes are educated separately. And even when educated together, men handle the boys and women handle the girls.

A number of those countries are very nice to live in. I certainly am considering moving to one of them. A number of schools in my family's country of origin are this way, and no, the country doesn't suck. The nation is doing considerably well...moving forward.

Btw, that attempt at a comparison is poor. This is not a matter of life and death. Nowhere near it. How silly.
ooooook

i was born in Oklahoma city, I grew up overseas. My observation is that Respect for authority is central to many societies. It seems like most first world countries teach their kids at early age to respect authorities.

edit: By the way, this case has absolutely NOTHING to do with racial discrimination. NOTHING. I am glad you did not make it racial. So thank you for that.

Old 11-01-2015, 09:29 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
I do find it hilarious, if in a bitter way, of how so many react to this hand to hand situation.

That is, if a gun is used, many say that some other method than a gun should have been used. If spray is used, many say that some other method should have been used.

Quite frankly, I would think that such people would push for the kind of enforcer I was, basically, trained to be, someone who is conditioned to go quicker for hand to hand than to go for a gun.

OF COURSE, someone who is trained like me is not the kind of person to pick a fight with since mine is to obtain max energy advantage before they do, to take them out the quickest, using whatever weapon is available. Ie, as a teen in sports judo, the command to start is "Ha-ji-me".....and we were to be moving at "Ha" to take out our opponent in a lightning strike, conclude a 3 minute match in under 5 seconds (on the first bout, people would know to watch out for that move after that).

That said and on the base information alone (ie, without what other videos show), flipping someone from a sitting position is a lot less devastating than if they are standing, dragging them across the floor has a lot less impact than slamming their face into it.
" flipping someone from a sitting position"

I see the video differently.

She refused to get up and leave the classroom.

He grabbed her and tried to get her OUT of the chair.

HER resisting and fighting back is what caused the her AND the chair to be turned over.

Old 11-01-2015, 10:09 AM

35,681 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
such ghetto uncivilized behavior from a man. Seriously?

Ben Fields was fired after the incidence. You can argue that police officers should not be any part of the classroom discipline, but I feel judgmental language like this is rather counterproductive.

Why did he have to be fired? How would other police officers handle the same situation? Or Officer ben Fields just happened to be In the wrong place at the wrong time? Ben Fields seems to be the scapegoat in the situation since the teacher/school asked him to do his job (A police job). A police job is not pretty.

You can't fire somebody and punish somebody simply because he did his job. If the school didn't want police officers there, then they should have handled situation themselves.

people live in trees i swear it-- he has been known to to this before--he had FAME hello

Old 11-01-2015, 10:11 AM

35,681 posts, read 21,030,020 times
I KNOW ---if the had been a black officer and white young lady----many in this forum have that man in jail

Old 11-01-2015, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
people live in trees i swear it-- he has been known to to this before--he had FAME hello
Translation ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies