Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2015, 07:35 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
The cop had no intention of allowing her to comply with his "orders".

His "orders" were merely a pre-legitimization of his intended violence.
Are you really that prejudiced? What a joke.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:45 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,855 times
If she had attempted to comply, by standing and walking out, she would have been beaten and charged with assault. Or, she would have been charged with unauthorized absenteeism.

The charge against her, prior to the cop arriving, being disruptive, was a false charge by the teacher.

No one in the class had been disrupted, including the teacher.

The teacher, however, did incite a major classroom disruption.

The teacher, the principle and the cop were, and most probably are, incompetent.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 11-02-2015 at 07:55 AM..

Old 11-02-2015, 09:21 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,966,855 times
I can't believe this topic has hit 86 pages.

The student isn't faced with criminal charges.

The officer is.

Who is on what side of the law?

Old 11-02-2015, 09:32 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I can't believe this topic has hit 86 pages.

The student isn't faced with criminal charges.

The officer is.

Who is on what side of the law?
This is a forum, this is what people do. You did it too.

Old 11-02-2015, 10:13 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Many have said that.

Many here obviously sleep with the lights on.
I haven't seen that much.

Good hint on the humor, with the lights. Times like this I wonder about the value of Benjamin Franklin's quote about sacrificing liberty for security.

Old 11-02-2015, 10:16 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,966,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
You did it too.
OK. I'm guilty. I've had a few days off work.

Old 11-02-2015, 10:26 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,855 times
Quote:

The teacher, the principle and the cop were, and most probably are, incompetent.
The comeback to this, though, is that if the policies are the cause of the incompetence, then it's not incompetence.

Old 11-02-2015, 11:39 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
According to Tony Robinson, a student in the class, this was the sequence of events:

• He and his classmates were working on their assignments.
  • Around 10:30 a.m., the girl who had the confrontation with the officer was working on her computer and had her phone out.
  • The teacher asked her for her phone, but she said no.
  • An administrator was then called to the room and asked the girl to get out of her seat, but she didn't.
  • She said that her phone had only been out for a quick second.
  • While she didn't comply, according to Robinson, she was apologetic.
  • The officer, Ben Fields, was called to the class.
  • When Fields came in, he asked Robinson's friend to move a desk and then then shut the girl's computer, and moved it to another desk.
  • Robinson began recording.
  • The officer then began speaking with the student.
  • He asked her again, 'will you move, will you move.'
  • She said 'no I have not done anything wrong.
  • He said I'm going to treat you fairly.
  • She said 'I don't even know who you are.
  • Moments later, things turned physical.
The girl was out of line, but her behavior did NOT warrant a violent physical confrontation. The adults in the room - all 3 of them - should have been capable of coming up with a better solution. Incompetence on the part of all 3 of them.

You really believe one of her friends is going to say what REALLY happen, he would have the **** kicked out of him later.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:09 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,820 times
Quote:
If she had attempted to comply, by standing and walking out, she would have been beaten and charged with assault. Or, she would have been charged with unauthorized absenteeism.

The charge against her, prior to the cop arriving, being disruptive, was a false charge by the teacher.

No one in the class had been disrupted, including the teacher.

The teacher, however, did incite a major classroom disruption.

That's really funny. Goes to show how the Ferguson Circus got out of control, and the mentality that Brown was a Choir Boy.

Doesn't really matter either way. When it gets to the point where Police can't do their jobs because of "Do Gooders" and "Bleeding Hearts, " the Citizens will have to take over and do what needs to be done. That should get interesting real quick.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:18 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
And the video's of course.
People "Cherry Pick" Video shots all the time, and cut them to suit their agenda. Of course you already know that. I could show you the same video and narrate it with different stories and it would still fit what you saw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies