Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2015, 09:03 PM

35,679 posts, read 21,030,020 times

Advertisements

he is fired but 2 why all the other kids have their phones? They say she is a more than normal quiet girl - in either case he went over board against a child and hes done

Old 10-28-2015, 09:14 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyRoad View Post
No, I don't believe that the Karma is over with, yet; I still say we will read about this unruly girl in the future. If she had obeyed her teacher to begin with then none of this would have happened. Now she has cost someone (a working person) their livelihood and she doesn't care. [MOD CUT/off topic]
People come up with so many excuses. Now you are blaming a teen girl who was assaulted by a rogue cop for the latter getting fired. That's just ridiculous! His poor judgement and not following departmental training is the culprit. I am surprised there is no outraged at this scenario of a 300 lb male cop tossing a teen girl around the classroom.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-03-2015 at 05:56 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 10-28-2015, 09:38 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
I was reading the Christian Science Monitor and just learned that Birmingham, Alabama allows cops to use pepper spray on students and more than 300 cases have been reported.

[url=http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Education/2015/1028/S.C.-officer-fired-Why-districts-are-rethinking-cops-as-school-disciplinarian]S.C. officer fired: Why districts are rethinking cops as school disciplinarian - CSMonitor.com[/url]

"Between 2006 and 2011, officers there used pepper spray on 300 students in 110 incidents involving minor disciplinary problems such as back-talking and challenging authority, alleged a class-action lawsuit filed by the Southern Poverty Law Center."

"One of the plaintiffs in the suit was a 10th-grader who was crying after trying to get away from a boy making sexual comments. After an officer told her to calm down, she was pepper-sprayed in the face and handcuffed because she did not stop crying, the girl testified."

I don't want to go off-topic, but this is all shocking to me. When did school become a police state?

Old 10-28-2015, 09:55 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times
I love how you abuse apologists are saying she only suffered injuries after talking to a lawyer. We have these wonderful inventions called X-rays, and these fancy people in white coats called doctors that can actually prove in a court of law whether a bone is broken or not. In my life I've been in three car accidents all caused by another party, and I can tell you that just because you walk away from something the day it happened does NOT mean the pain doesn't hit you days or even weeks later.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:56 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
I'm sure the author on that Conservative website isn't the least bit biased.
A freeze frame of an arm extended sideways, while a body is in motion and being attacked, is supposedly to be a "punch."

Old 10-28-2015, 10:30 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyRoad View Post
No, I don't believe that the Karma is over with, yet; I still say we will read about this unruly girl in the future. If she had obeyed her teacher to begin with then none of this would have happened. Now she has cost someone (a working person) their livelihood and she doesn't care. [MOD CUT/off topic]
Wrong, he did that to himself.

When he threw her, that cost him his job. That is right from his own dept/boss. He crossed over the line.

To use your logic the rude restaurant patrons that left a bad tip cost the server her job when she
threw drinks on them in anger.

Wouldn't have anything to do with her drenching them.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-03-2015 at 05:57 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 10-28-2015, 10:44 PM

156 posts, read 219,126 times
The cop was fired.

Proportionality is the key here. Was the student wrong? Yes. Were you ever wrong as a child? Did you deserve a bullet in your head?

Sorry, but just because the student was in the wrong doesn't mean that she deserved the be manhandled like that.

Officer, your life is over, bud. Have fun in the free market, where you actually have to benefit people without robbing taxpayers day in and day out.

Old 10-28-2015, 11:02 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,295,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuffolkIntellect View Post
The cop was fired.

Proportionality is the key here. Was the student wrong? Yes. Were you ever wrong as a child? Did you deserve a bullet in your head?

Sorry, but just because the student was in the wrong doesn't mean that she deserved the be manhandled like that.

Officer, your life is over, bud. Have fun in the free market, where you actually have to benefit people without robbing taxpayers day in and day out.
Honestly he should have never been in that position in the first place. he should be there for a crime not a cellphone. The teacher and the vp will walk away while his life is totally ruined. Yes he SCREWED UP!!!! He took it too far. However these school people don't want to be involved so they wimped out and called him!!!!Im am glad you are happy that this cops life is over!! Maybe if he swings from a tree you can really be happy!!!

Old 10-28-2015, 11:06 PM

28,661 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Honestly he should have never been in that position in the first place. he should be there for a crime not a cellphone. The teacher and the vp will walk away while his life is totally ruined. Yes he SCREWED UP!!!! He took it too far. However these school people don't want to be involved so they wimped out and called him!
Yes, you're right. To put this another way, if he had not been available on the premises, they would not have called 911 over a girl sitting stolidly in her seat. They'd have dealt with it.

Old 10-28-2015, 11:10 PM

156 posts, read 219,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Honestly he should have never been in that position in the first place. he should be there for a crime not a cellphone. The teacher and the vp will walk away while his life is totally ruined. Yes he SCREWED UP!!!! He took it too far. However these school people don't want to be involved so they wimped out and called him!!!!Im am glad you are happy that this cops life is over!! Maybe if he swings from a tree you can really be happy!!!
I wouldn't be happy if he swung from a tree. PROPORTIONALITY, something cops don't understand.

I am happy he will have to compete in the free market, instead of bullying people for tax dollars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies