Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 05:45 AM

756 posts, read 424,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Stewardesses used to be young, slim and sexy.

Now, apparently, they`re 49 and highly discontented!
Many of the stewardesses are pretty large too, they barely fit down the narrow aisle. If you have to get by to go to the bathroom, you practically have to climb into someone's seat to get around them.
Meanwhile, if you are sitting in the aisle seat and they are coming by with the snack cart, good luck avoiding their large butt.
Flying is SO unpleasant on so many different levels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2015, 06:32 AM

8,052 posts, read 12,772,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think if they only need one seat, then they should be paying just one seat. If they are too big to fit in one seat, and they need to occupy two, then they should be paying more.

Or fly first class.
That's what I do. I am 6'6" and weigh around 250lbs. In a standard economy seat my knees hit the seat in front of me. While I can fit in the seat fine with no fat intruding on my neighbor my shoulders do intrude.

I decided life was too short to be uncomfortable while traveling. A couple hundred dollars more and I can sit in a nice comfortable seat with lots of leg room, pleanty of overhead storage available, first on the plane/first off and free drinks/snacks.

Old 10-28-2015, 07:04 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,100,004 times
It costs exactly the same in fuel and maintenance to fly a pound of lard, liquid, metal, muscle or plastic from point A to point B.

Animate or inanimate, it all costs by weight to freight.

I think they should just have each passenger PLUS all of his or her property position on a huge scale at the check-in counter. Then charge by the pound.

Nobody would know whether the sum figure would be the person or his property.

Completely fair. Completely practical.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:21 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Charged more or even banned. Last year I was on an international flight with my daughter and four year old grand daughter. Aisle seat was taken by a morbidly obese older women. She had been manhandled into her seat by friends of hers who were all on a vacation together.

Once seated she could not get up to let my daughter and grand daughter go to the lavatory. Our grand daughter had to go potty more than once. Luckily I was sitting across the across from them in another aisle seat.

My daughter had to stand up and then pass my grand daughter over the head of this women to me. Same thing going back to the seats. Daughter had to wait until the plane landed.
This is actually a dangerous situation in the event of a necessary emergency evacuation from the aircraft. This is why we must stow luggage, put our tray table away, and our seat backs in the upright position. I would have filed a complaint with the airline and the FAA.
http://fsims.faa.gov/WDocs/8900.1/V0...03_033_006.htm

Last edited by jojajn; 10-28-2015 at 09:36 AM..

Old 10-28-2015, 09:33 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,496,447 times
You know that carry on box they use to test size dimensions?

They need an airplane seat test. If your ass doesn't fix in the seat box, then buy a first class seat or buy 2 seats. Stop hanging your gravy packs over my channel selector on Jet Blue.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
This is actually a dangerous situation in the event of a necessary emergency exit from the aircraft. This is why we must stow luggage, put our tray table away, and our seat backs in the upright position. I would have filed a complaint with the airline and the FAA.
http://fsims.faa.gov/WDocs/8900.1/V0...03_033_006.htm
Sorry! When you can't get out of your own SEAT because the person next to you is too large to move themselves, that is intruding upon the rights, comfort and safety of others. Why do one's rights as an overweight person trump someone else's?
I think more people SHOULD speak up and protest this.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
You know that carry on box they use to test size dimensions?

They need an airplane seat test. If your ass doesn't fix in the seat box, then buy a first class seat or buy 2 seats. Stop hanging your gravy packs over my channel selector on Jet Blue.
I don't get what buying an extra seat solves. if there are three seats, they'd still be spilling into someone's space on the other side.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:37 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,496,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
I don't get what buying an extra seat solves. if there are three seats, they'd still be spilling into someone's space on the other side.
No, if they sit window or isle they need the buffer chair in between.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:39 AM

88,999 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I don't care about someone else's weight as long as they keep their body parts on their own seat and not on my lap!
I'm good with that. Anyone who can't sit in an airline seat without encroaching on another seat should have had to buy two seats. Should be a mandatory rule.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:39 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
Sorry! When you can't get out of your own SEAT because the person next to you is too large to move themselves, that is intruding upon the rights, comfort and safety of others. Why do one's rights as an overweight person trump someone else's?
I think more people SHOULD speak up and protest this.
Totally agree. This is a safety issue and should be addressed. Everyone should write their congress person so that the FAA can address this because the airlines certainly are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies