Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 09:02 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times

Advertisements

some things never change. here we are 150 years after slavery, and black people are still known for their work ethic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 09:03 AM

17,581 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Americans. It's not longer OK to refer to yourself as a "hard worker" because the term is offensive to the "Slave Experience".

MSNBC's Melissa Harris-Perry claims the term 'hard worker' is an insult to slaves | Daily Mail Online

Warning NOT PC

Yes, slavery was a blight on our (and other) country(s) It was a long time ago and, yes, some nerves are still raw. And, yes, there are still bigots that do not like blacks.

But, GET OVER IT!!!

Black slaves were hard workers. But others in our (and other vast countries) work hard today.

For Harris-Perry to say
Quote:
I want us to be super careful when we use the language ‘hard worker’ because I actually keep an image of folks working in cotton fields on my office wall because it is a reminder about what hard work looks like,' she said
good for her. But to say not to use the words hard work, she is fill of crap

I certainly don't keep a picture of Auschwitz on my wall to remind me of the past.

I'm sure families of Western settlers, rail workers, miners, fishermen, military families, etc may, or may not, have relics at of the past. But they all worked DAMN HARD also!

I am sick and tired of hearing of blacks blaming everything on the past. We live in the here and now, not then.

I am just a sick and tired of hearing Appalachians and families of Okies who fled the dust bowl blaming their need for entitlements on something that happened a generation and a half ago.

Come on people, get off your asses and get to work! And work hard while you do it.

We all need to work hard to rebuild the great split between races and people in general fueled by race mongers like Harris-Perry, obuma, notsharpton and so on and so on!

Old 10-30-2015, 09:13 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Slaves always seem to feel that they're working for others.

I don't know why they hafta feel that way.

Can't they just feel some other way?

Old 10-30-2015, 09:26 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
The left hates hard workers, they only like enjoying the benefits of the hard workers efforts. Besides calling someone a hard worker might mean that they have to admit that some people aren't hard workers. This by default means that some are lazy and not workers at all. It could also mean that some are lazy by choice.

Old 10-30-2015, 09:46 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Makes perfect sense really. Liberals are all about grievance politics. Liberals must ensure that black people always and forever stay hung up on the past, so as to prevent them from ever moving forward... They have to make sure that black people keep thinking of themselves as victims. It's through this strategy that Liberalism survives as an ideology.

So Perry, as the black Liberal woman that she is, keeps that picture there to remind herself everyday why she hates the white race, this country, and everything it stands for, lest she ever forget why she harbors such hatred. That picture keeps her firmly grounded in Liberalism. It ensures she retains her latent anger forevermore and can keep on fighting a war that ended 150 years ago.

The Democratic party itself symbolizes the picture of African slaves hanging on the wall of America. Always there to remind us of our terrible past and demanding that we feel perpetually guilty and self-loathing.
She should just hang a picture of the Democratic Party mascot on her wall, to remind herself of all the bad things in this country's history which that party stood for. Things like slavery, segregation, black codes, Jim Crow, Japanese internment, poll taxes, Bull Conner, fire hoses, KKK, filibusters for anti-lynching laws and civil rights, etc...

Old 10-30-2015, 09:48 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
The left hates hard workers, they only like enjoying the benefits of the hard workers efforts. Besides calling someone a hard worker might mean that they have to admit that some people aren't hard workers. This by default means that some are lazy and not workers at all. It could also mean that some are lazy by choice.
As if, the only reason anyone works hard is because someone is forcing them to.

Old 10-30-2015, 10:17 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
It's her show, so she can say whatever she wants. It's really just the way she said it that irritates people, though others have said similar things. Even conservative pundits like Laura Ingraham. I heard Laura Ingraham make a similar argument about Paul Ryan, that lots of people who work have to spend time away from family. Basically, she said, what about all those others who have to travel for their jobs? I was thinking about train conductors and other workers, linemen who go across the country after storms to fix electrical lines, oil rig workers, etc. All those people spend lots of time away from their families because they have to for their jobs. Paul Ryan chose that job, and he's probably a multi-millionaire because of it.

No, what I have a problem with is the guy was saying that Ryan is a hard worker in congress, wants to govern and make smart legislation, yada yada yada. Then Melissa comes back with, oh you can't call him a hard worker because y'all like to call women who work hard for their families with no healthcare failures.

No one calls women who work hard failures. They don't like people who don't work at all because there is a perception that there are people having baby after baby so they can get more benefits from the government. I don't necessarily agree with this perception, but there are just enough people out there doing that and getting attention, that it makes people believe it's pervasive.
I congratulate you on your post, because at least it is based on what she said.

I agree with Aguilar, that the part about we call them failures, sucking off the system, was unfair. I think I know were she was going with that, but to throw it out there without any substantiation or explanation was weak.

Old 11-02-2015, 08:17 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
James Brown, the hardest working man in show business.

Soooo, once a term of respect is now an insult? LMAO.

Micro-agression! Help! I've been "triggered"!

These are the type of ideas that come out of self-made echo chambers in academia. Right-think is rewarded with arbitrary grades and teaching positions are doled out as patronage for the same.

Nothing good (in any discipline) ever comes from such an environment. The big difference being that in real sciences you can eventually be proven correct...even then science has faced major roadblocks when groups of scientists entrenched in their positions and punished heretics.

Old 11-02-2015, 04:29 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,911 times
She is just making her parents proud.

Old 11-24-2015, 01:14 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,600,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Americans. It's not longer OK to refer to yourself as a "hard worker" because the term is offensive to the "Slave Experience".

MSNBC's Melissa Harris-Perry claims the term 'hard worker' is an insult to slaves | Daily Mail Online

OMFG, this PC BS is just not funny anymore. This is really, really not funny anymore. What will become of our society? Why are these people being taken seriously? She has a picture of slaves up in her office reminding her of slavery????? Hard work is only for slaves????

Liberals have made modern day slavery by perpetuating these kinds of attitudes and enabling this behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies