Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: GOP Debate: Who was the night's biggest loser? Who will tank most in the polls?
Kasich 14 10.29%
Bush 67 49.26%
Huckabee 6 4.41%
Rubio 6 4.41%
Trump 11 8.09%
Carson 1 0.74%
Fiorina 6 4.41%
Cruz 9 6.62%
Christie 5 3.68%
Paul 11 8.09%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 07:35 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Wouldnt trust Rubio on anything considering he is a mouthpiece of the corrupt scumbag Sheldon Adelson.
With comments like that do think ANYBODY "trusts" you?

I certainly don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
To me the worst were Fiorina who showed not to be a leader after 6 attempts to get the word wasn't able to speak while others trying were able to get through so she is showing not to be strong enough to be listened to.

Bush was just as always with the same lines and his attack on Rubio which is valid fell flat.

Kasich looked to me like he is having a medical issue and sooner than later may get a heart attack as he looked stressed out and he was rambling as it sounded to me as I lost interest after one sentence he stated and after the 3rd sentence I was like when will he stop.

Rand Paul is just there as a filler so he can be gone too.

Rubio had good sentences but he has proven to be an empty suit to me as he failed to answer to his constitutes and even after getting 2 emails he will answer soon I'm still waiting and the newspaper is right, he should at least resign as Senator and the other thing to me is that he can't even decently run his own financials so why do we trust him with the countries financials.

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
oh for heavens sake: FOX did the first debate and it was more designed to get a feel for the candidates. Now, the debates are more to get an idea as to where they stand. Last night was a total sham,but you wouldn't see that. Most on the left would not.
There were a few questions which were silly (Fantasy Football one sure was), and while I would agree the questions could have been better, I don't see how it was a sham. The majority of the questions were based off policies, positions and comments the candidates themselves have put forth during the campaign. What a candidate says is CERTAINLY fair game for a debate. What SPECIFIC questions do you think were unfair or a sham?

Old 10-29-2015, 07:36 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Yeah, it's all about the American worker, sure.
Are you denying the fact that an adequate return on the $24 trillion worth of investments in pension funds and retirement accounts is necessary to fund John and Jane America's retirement?

Kill the golden goose, and see what happens...

Ponder this... why do you think QE and ZIRP were both enacted to artificially inflate the stock market?

Hint: It wasn't because the top 0.1% own only $11.65 trillion in wealth compared to more than twice that, $24 trillion, invested in American workers' and retirees' pension funds and investment accounts.

The top 0.1 percent is comprised of 160,000 families with average wealth of $72.8 million. Do the math...

Old 10-29-2015, 07:40 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You know, I'm no fan of Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio, and Bush is taking heat for a lackluster debate performance last night but Bush could have gone in for the kill with Rubio, figuratively speaking, but he didn't. Rubio made it sound like he only missed votes because he was running for President. That's a typical lawyer misdirection move.

"From Jan 2011 to Oct 2015, Rubio missed 176 of 1,434 roll call votes or 12.3%. The median is 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving."

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/mem...o_rubio/412491

Rubio missed 20 votes alone in 2011 and 36 votes in 2014. He wasn't running for anything then. Rubio has missed 99 votes so far in 2015. He did manage to make it back to the Senate to be the deciding vote in favor of Obamatrade, though.

Rand Paul has been running longer than Rubio. Paul has missed 14 votes this year.[/b]

Cruz has missed a pretty high 70 votes this year, too.
Rubio could have come back at Jeb with, "You were governor for 2 terms. Did YOU campaign for your second term while still in office?

Did YOU STILL take your salary while you were out campaigning? Etc., etc, etc. Why didn't YOU resign?

Old 10-29-2015, 07:44 AM

4,818 posts, read 10,998,374 times
I still like Rubio..... he is someone I can see voting for. Trump I just can't....Carson ...for me too conservative on social issues...

Old 10-29-2015, 07:45 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Obsessing? Nope, entertained and not worried that either of the two leading Democrats can make minced meat out of all the GOP contenders.
There is more intelligence in the GOP field than the DNC. They will be made mince meat of. There is NO substance in the DNC candidates. Bernie will bankrupt every household and Hillary considers 50% of Americans her true enemy.

Old 10-29-2015, 07:49 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Do you know that Rand Paul only missed 14 votes this year but Rubio missed 99? Yet, Rubio managed to make it back to the Senate to cast the deciding vote in favor of Obamatrade.
True, but Paul is the one who grandstanded last night on the meme that he was going back to Washington today to filibuster the bill, even knowing that he missed his only real chance to stop it by not being present in Washington when the bill arrived in the Senate earlier in the week. I don't believe Paul is an idiot. I think he knew full well he couldn't effectively filibuster anything, but he lied and claimed he could anyway.

Last edited by JAMS14; 10-29-2015 at 08:07 AM..

Old 10-29-2015, 07:52 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Did you even watch the Democratic debate?

"Will you say anything to get elected?"

"You even honeymooned in the Soviet Union."

That's "carrying water"?
Some people can't help but seeing themselves as victims with the whole world against them.

As for the candidates, the less they whine about the mods, the better they look. It's like a golfer who keeps complaining about the golf course never realizing all his opponents play the same course. Jack Nicklaus said he never worried about those players, he worried about the ones who just played the course and didn't complain. They were the serious contenders.

Old 10-29-2015, 07:55 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,009,690 times
I'm trying to imagine the network planning the debate:

"Let's ask questions the Republican primary voters are really passionate about!"

Global warming!
Fantasy football!
The mythical wage gap!

Almost every question was framed as an insult to the candidates. So glad Cruz and company called them out on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies