Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 10:41 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Certainly polticians like these must realize their need for armed protection is in direct proportion to the oppression they try to impose. Surely they understand the risks.
At some point there will be pushback.
??

What is it exactly that you are saying? Spell it out please.

Old 10-30-2015, 10:51 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
So write a better law. As it stands if someone stole my shotgun, if I don't have the serial number the law assumes he is the valid owner. Many don't bother to keep copies of their serial numbers. (foolish I know)I do. My gun shop guy clued me in on this a long time ago.
How many people know the serial number of their car, motorcycle, bike? Cars we do because of vehicle registration.
Because past laws are poorly written doesn't mean that future laws can't be better.
When was the last time someone was arrested solely because they had a stollen gun?

It rarely happens, you can accomplish the same exact thing by increasing the punishment for someone using a gun in a crime or a felon being in possession of a gun.

You are asking for huge registration schemes that make no difference and cost billions of dollars.

Just answer these questions.
How are you going to register the 300 million unregistered guns in America?
How are you going to deal with the millions of guns that do not even have a serial number?
How are you going to deal with people who make their own guns when the federal government doesn't have the ability to regulate something unless it is a states commerce issue.

Old 10-30-2015, 10:54 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So guns can cost money, that doesn't violate any rights? So how much can a gun cost before it violates a right?
Pens, printers and the internet cost money. None of this violates your rights, it's non issue.

What are the limits on government fees for using these devices? Furthermore if they are specifically telling you the fee is to curtail that right why would that not be a concern for you?

Old 10-30-2015, 10:55 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Pens, printers and the internet cost money. None of this violates your rights, it's non issue.

What are the limits on government fees for using these devices? Furthermore if they are specifically telling you the fee is to curtail those right why would that not be a concern for you?
Let's bring back the poll tax to fund the costs of an election.

Old 10-30-2015, 11:19 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times

Old 10-30-2015, 12:03 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
my54ford nailed it! Leftists see government as their god, who can do no wrong, and can always be there to protect you at anytime.

Old 10-30-2015, 12:07 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
my54ford nailed it! Leftists see government as their god, who can do no wrong, and can always be there to protect you at anytime.
Yep. How many leftists would favor a true gun ban? That includes the military, police, security guards, etc. Not many I would wager. And if you exclude military and police from any gun ban it wouldn't be much of a ban. There would still be thousands of guns manufactured to meet the needs of LE and military. Thousands of guns available for criminals to steel. In order for it to work they'd have to turn the country into a police state.

Old 10-30-2015, 12:31 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
That would be true if gun control meant gun ban which it doesn't, asking for gun registration or better training is not banning guns. Also if by nailing you mean posting a meme that doesn't make sense.
Let's recap we are talking about a $100 tax to put in place a passive device to help track, recover the gun , the argument turns to banning guns.

Old 10-30-2015, 12:37 PM

594 posts, read 346,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
So you want to know why gun rights supporters aren't willing to give even an inch when it comes to gun laws? Why we refuse to compromise? This is why....

Lawmaker seeks $100 federal tax, passive tracking on each new gun sold

And therein lies the real agenda.

What's baffling to any level-headed person, is that these raving, anti-gun, frothing-at-the-mouth lunatics tip their hand at a time when they know full well nothing like this could ever have a chance of passing. Wouldn't it make more sense to be reserved about just how radical your gun agenda is until you're actually in a position of power, and THEN blast them with your draconian proposals? Maybe they know they're never going to get their way and so have decided to just go full ****** because they have nothing to lose....

So if you want to know why people won't compromise on even the most modest of measures, it's because we know your real agenda. Try as you might to disguise it in the cloak of "reasonableness" and "common sense", it oozes to the surface from time to time. And for those rare few who really are only interested in real solutions, you can thank nut jobs like Rep. Nydia Velazquez, who's face is fit only for a jack o'lantern, for the fact that that will never happen.
I believe there has already been a supreme court ruling that the government cannot impinge on our rights by making them expensive by adding taxes or fees.

Old 10-30-2015, 12:37 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Adding a $100.00 tax is quite excessive, and nothing more than a loophole to suit the gun grabber agenda. That really is what it comes down to. You can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig! And no, I don't agree with you, or stand with you on adding limitations.
Would a $50 or $75 tax be better? So basically you think someone should be able to buy a gun no questions asked with no wait time. Hey, if you are gonna buy a gun and go kill someone because you are currently angry, no one should be able to stop you from doing, right, 2 Amendment is awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies