Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 02:47 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,630,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Here's how it works:

1) You don't get to choose what is offensive to other people.

2) You don't get to tell people what they are "allowed" to be offended by.

3) If you know something is going to be deeply offensive to a large number of people and you do it anyway, then you are an *******.

Hope this helps.
And more;

4) People choose what to be offended by.

5) People who are easily offended just like to tell others how to live their lives.

6) People who are easily offended are immature.

Hope this helps even more.

Old 10-30-2015, 02:50 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,630,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Super funny IMO.
Here is what is also super funny; People have no problem dressing up like the devil and the devil is the most evil creature ever in the minds of millions of Christians. So why isn't a devil costume offensive?

Old 10-30-2015, 02:52 PM

17,344 posts, read 13,077,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
This lady needs to quit being so easily offended...
Blackface for Halloween? Don't do it. - Chicago Tribune

Now granted, if you're dressing up in blackface with the intention to be offensive, that's different. But, lets say you're white and you want to be Stevie Wonder or Michael Jordan for Halloween, Are you not allowed to darken your skin?
How is that offensive.

Seriously, some people need to quit making it their life's work to search out ways to be offended.
No it isn't! For God's sake, it"s Halloween. A costume is just what the name implies, A COSTUME

Hell, years ago I went to a Halloween party dressed as a pregnant nun. Moustashe, beard and all

Old 10-30-2015, 02:58 PM

14,366 posts, read 9,739,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Who cares?

I've been asking people for years to point out where in the Constitution or Bill of Rights the part that says they have a right to never be offended by anything.

So far, no takers

EXACTLY!

If a person is offended by something, they only need to remove themselves from the situation. Especially on things so trivial as Halloween costumes. Damn, can anything become more diluted than being offended by the most trivial of things that someone else does?

The ghost of my mother told me she is offended by people dressing up as ghosts!

Let's not offend JAPs by dressing our kids as Fairy Princesses, or offend the poor by dressing up as Hobos (my personal favorite as a child) or OMG (children leave the room) as Clowns! They already get such a bad rep as it is. How about we all stop acting like clowns so we won't offend them, or ourselves.

Holy cow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
No it isn't! For God's sake, it"s Halloween. A costume is just what the name implies, A COSTUME

Hell, years ago I went to a Halloween party dressed as a pregnant nun. Moustashe, beard and all
HAH! That would get a cheer from the PC crowd! See... dress like a Muslim (maybe a dead terrorist?) and they'll get irate, dress like a bearded nun and they'll come to defend your right to do so. They are a confused bunch.

Old 10-30-2015, 03:06 PM

14,366 posts, read 9,739,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie
Here's how it works:

1) You don't get to choose what is offensive to other people.

2) You don't get to tell people what they are "allowed" to be offended by.

3) If you know something is going to be deeply offensive to a large number of people and you do it anyway, then you are an *******.

Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
And more;

4) People choose what to be offended by.

5) People who are easily offended just like to tell others how to live their lives.

6) People who are easily offended are immature.

Hope this helps even more.
7) People who have the audacity to believe they should control how everyone else thinks, speaks, lives, eats, buys, hears, reads, BELIEVES... etc. is only pretending to do it for the good of society. The reality is - they are the cancer.

Old 10-30-2015, 03:13 PM

15,576 posts, read 10,290,871 times
Quote:
This lady needs to quit being so easily offended...
Blackface for Halloween? Don't do it. - Chicago Tribune

Now granted, if you're dressing up in blackface with the intention to be offensive, that's different. But, lets say you're white and you want to be Stevie Wonder or Michael Jordan for Halloween, Are you not allowed to darken your skin?
How is that offensive.

Seriously, some people need to quit making it their life's work to search out ways to be offended.
No one is allowed to offend certain groups, and the number of those groups grows by the day. For example Caitlyn Jenner Halloween costumes set off a firestorm. A Trump costume seems to be OK for the holiday, however.

I would dress up as an inanimate object to be safe, if I was going to be costumed for Halloween. People have been fired for wearing Halloween costume attire and posting it on their personal facebook page. Also, you never know what or who will be off limits to dress up as for Halloween in 5 years. An old photo with a currently PC costume may be unPC and cost you your job in the future.

Old 10-30-2015, 04:38 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,011,144 times
Quote:
I think my new costume with be the 'overly offended black person', complete with blackface and MSNBC button.
Go ahead. You ain't offending me.

That said, you don't have the guts to do it.

Old 10-30-2015, 04:54 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,011,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It has to do with black people being perpetually offended. I didn't think that needed to be explained.
Why do you white dudes of the conservative stripe wanna do black face so bad?

I mean, it's practically KILLING YOU guys that it's something that you can't get away with! Why is that?

The thread title said "another race," and almost immediately you guys started crowing about how angry you are that blackface is out of bounds. Like there aren't a million other costumes you can't use.

Besides, aren't you all adults? Aren't y'all a little bit too old to still do Halloween?

Old 10-30-2015, 05:24 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,125,827 times
Belgian supermarket chain recalls Nazi prisoner costume | Jewish Telegraphic Agency

Would this be an offensive Halloween costume? I ask this because I get a feeling conservatives who are extreme Zionists would find this to be an extremely offensive costume while approving of blackface.

Old 10-30-2015, 05:31 PM

15,576 posts, read 10,290,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post
Belgian supermarket chain recalls Nazi prisoner costume | Jewish Telegraphic Agency

Would this be an offensive Halloween costume? I ask this because I get a feeling conservatives who are extreme Zionists would find this to be an extremely offensive costume while approving of blackface.
No doubt a nazi prisoner costume would be offensive to many here or in Belgium. The question is, do people have the right to not be offended?

There is no right to not be offended, but there is damn close to one effectively due to the PC police. And to pretend there is a right to no one ever being offended leads us down a path to censorship.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 10-30-2015 at 05:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies