Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 07:15 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,438,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
"Asians" then? Not sure what we are supposed to be calling them, but I've heard them referred to as Orientals.
Rugs are oriental, people aren't. That term is a relic that belongs with terms like negro - not exactly a slur, but offensive nonetheless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 10:28 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
I can say the same for some so-called Catholics that I've met in my lifetime, and they didn't bring them to the US. They are generational Catholics.

Sorry but I know plenty of Catholics, and not a one of them ever asked me to change my clothes. Sorry but I cannot say the same thing for Muslim Men I have met, and the one who asked me to change my clothes.

Catholics are not in the same league as Radical Muslims, no they are not!

And I do not personally know any Catholic Men who are abusive to their Wives, because they feel it is their job to control there every damn move.

Sorry but I just have not see this.

Old 11-01-2015, 10:46 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
I knew several Muslims when I grew up in Sweden. Their parents immigrated from Iran, Iraq, Turkey, Syria...all those Muslim nations. Their parents were still all into their culture/customs. The only difference was, they lived in Sweden and they were free to do whatever they wanted unlike in their own countries.
The kids usually hang out together with some Swedish friends. But overall it was still very divided, kind of like black and white here in the States. So even though these kids ( now adults ) were born in Sweden, they still had a difficult time adapting into the Swedish society. From what I heard, it's not any better now, it's actually much worse.

Old 11-01-2015, 12:28 PM

667 posts, read 940,422 times
I know some Muslims.A nice people if alone, a terrible if too much.

Old 11-01-2015, 12:30 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Of course........in at least fresh water study issues.

Old 11-01-2015, 12:34 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,338,720 times
My boss is. But other than that actually I don't. I always thought my circle of friends were diverse too..I guess not diverse enough. My boss is really cool though, him and his wife came from out of town to my partners funeral a few weeks back.

Old 11-01-2015, 12:45 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
"Asians" then? Not sure what we are supposed to be calling them, but I've heard them referred to as Orientals.

Rugs are oriental, people aren't. That term is a relic that belongs with terms like negro - not exactly a slur, but offensive nonetheless.

Why would the term negro be offensive? It is nothing more than a descriptive term to describe a group of people. Afro-American is misleading as many real Afro-Americans are white.

First on CNN: Army says word 'Negro' OK to use - CNNPolitics.com

Old 11-01-2015, 01:29 PM

171 posts, read 142,200 times
They are ... you know ... human beings ..just like anybody else.

Not to say they have not caused A LOT of problems for everyone , including themselves in the past few decades which has led them to become the " boogeyman " for pretty much everyone.

I am from India .. all major terrorist attacks in the past 30 years or so either directly caused or bankrolled by Pakistan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...dents_in_India

Do I hate muslims.. no..

Do I absolutely hate this " specific issue " with their religion/culture whatever ...absolutely.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:53 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
Pure garbage. Most Muslims are law abiding citizens. Some even in the armed services. Yes I personally work with some.
You're being deceived, and you obviously know nothing about Islam. I would remind you that even the "Boston bombers" appeared "normal" to those who knew them.

Muslims are not here to be Americans. They are here to turn America into a Muslim country. Better wake up.

Old 11-01-2015, 02:04 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I think you meant some or even most. You can't speak for all, you don't know all of them or even most of them. I agree though, most are law abiding citizens who want what we all want. To simply have the freedom to live their lives. Unfortunately with religion you also have those who don't have room for other ideas.
Not true! If they "wanted what we want" they would abandon Islam. If they wanted freedom they would abandon Islam.

The goal of Islam is to wipe out Western civilization (as well as annihilate the Jews). Under Sharia Law they could be subject to death for being "too Western."

Additionally, Muslims would never pledge allegiance to the United States or salute the flag (or sing the Star Spangled Banner). Islam demands their full allegiance to Islam and Sharia. If they did say the pledge, it would only be for appearance, as the believe it is okay to lie and "fake" their allegiance in order to advance Islam.

Muslims cannot be trusted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies