Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 06:48 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
People like you are the reason there are NO' "common sense" laws!

Let's say your car is stolen and the crook kills a pedestrian with it.

Should YOU be charged with murder because YOU didn't "secure" your car properly?

I mean, let's have some of that old-time Accountability® for car drivers here.

You just gotta love leftist logic! Wait a minute? Leftists and logic? LOL! Why that would be an oxymoron! Charging the owner who had his property stolen, instead of the perp using the stolen property to commit the act? Ridiculous!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2015, 07:12 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
For those who don't know, "smart" guns mean batteries. Not gonna happen; wouldn't be prudent.

Look at the R and D, money in cell phone technology. Then, look at how crude they still are by freezing up, no signal, etc. Ya, that would NOT work for something you depend on your life for.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:14 AM

1,951 posts, read 1,636,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
You just gotta love leftist logic! Wait a minute? Leftists and logic? LOL! Why that would be an oxymoron! Charging the owner who had his property stolen, instead of the perp using the stolen property to commit the act? Ridiculous!
They were probably making a bad joke or trolling.

No one is THAT dense.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
They were probably making a bad joke or trolling.

No one is THAT dense.

Ummm... you may want to check out some of that posters other posts on other threads regarding guns.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:40 AM

1,589 posts, read 1,184,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
So, you are so loose with your weapons that they are in fact stolen and used to kill someone, and you think you are not culpable??? Failure to accomplish due diligence has consequences, my friend.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard32 View Post
So, you are so loose with your weapons that they are in fact stolen and used to kill someone, and you think you are not culpable??? Failure to accomplish due diligence has consequences, my friend.

Yes. Now use that logic of actions have consequences to the pieces of garbage in the world causing all of the problems! But no, you don't want to do that! You want to coddle the criminal elements and make excuses for them, and in the meanwhile punish and restrict the rights of others, and make them jump through hoops, instead of dealing with those who cause all of the issues! Furthermore, however I store what weapons that I may or may not have is not yours, the goverment's business, nor anyone elses business, because in your hypothetical scenario of a perp stealing my property, they and THEY ALONE are at fault, because THEY are the one committing the act of stealing, and do not belong in my home anyway!

Old 11-03-2015, 07:56 AM

1,951 posts, read 1,636,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard32 View Post
What's the minimum level of security before someone isn't "loose with their weapons"? This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv3kcnI72Ec

And anything less than an underground fortress means we must want this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcDWMb6uins

Old 11-03-2015, 07:58 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Big, big gun owner and advocate here and I find NO problem with "smart guns" at all. I think you will find this a common consensus amongst all NRA members and gun owners. Contrary to democrat beliefs, we preach gun safety and do not enjoy or celebrate all the senseless murders before, during and after any school shooting.

You really, really should get to know most gun owners and not assume. Quite a few of us are not only all FOR background checks but, also TESTING to prove you know what you are doing before you ever pick one up? Surprised? Don't let the hype fool you.

We are all for gun ownership, we are all for gun safety and the two are inextricably linked despite the media hype. No wise or semi-wise person ever wants to shoot another human without due cause. If you do, you belong in prison. Forever. People simply want to protect themselves as they see fit. With that comes grave responsibility that no one should ever take lightly.

Smart guns? Bring em' on. Bring on the testing too. I know that is not always a popular stance among gun owners but heck, we don't let you drive a two-ton projectile, 5 feet from the sidewalk, called a car without a license, do we? The last thing I want is some dip wad buying a .44 magnum, never shooting it, leaving it on his nightstand, unsecured, and shooting some assumed miscreant only to miss and hit the neighbor next door??? Rare, true. But, you get my point.

Smart guns? Sure, bring em'.
So you're for mandatory licensure, mandatory testing and mandatory smart guns?
If yes, please stop saying "we" unless referencing the mouse in your pocket.

Old 11-03-2015, 08:14 AM

1,589 posts, read 1,184,930 times
Another right-winger ducking out on Personal Responsibility®. Such a shock to see that sort of thing!

Old 11-03-2015, 08:20 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times
I am not for mandatory testing, licensure, smart guns or anything else "mandatory."

Not a big time gun owner and not an NRA member.

I would like to see a "dumb" system where people selling guns can check to insure the person getting the gun isn't a felon or somehow precluded from purchasing due to mental illness.

I don't want that system to record transactions or to be able to track names that were searched for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies