Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 07:39 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Well, with open range in place, as I said before, this was cut and dry and brutally simple. If the rancher was going to put the animal down, all the cops should be ding is their paperwork, and/or interviewing the people that hit the animal. Making sure that traffick passes safely to, I suppose. They bad no other functions to perform. A d armed interference, resulting in a citizens death? This young cops cheese slid off his cracker. Technically, all this was , was someone buying a beef the hard way.

I've hit a steer before. All the cop did, so CE I was hurt, was make sure EMS got there, and asked me a couple questions about how it all went down. Open range law is as simple as it gets. The agency this jackwagon was working under should be looking at some serious liability issues and consider some training changes, at the least.where'd this boob come from? NYC or something?
I do believe both were from Idaho. The young officer was working in a town about an hour away. This same officer had citizen interaction problems before and was sued for it, but instead of doing something about it, they transferred him.

The sad part this could have easily been avoided. The rancher was not known to have any bad interactions with law enforcement and appears to be as respected person in his community........not known for being a hot head or hard to get along with. Yantis came as the police asked and was going to do the job they asked him to do, would like to know just what the young officer was thinking.......he grew up around this stuff, Open Range, rifles & ranchers are not uncommon in this area, at all.

I do feel for this young man it will be with him for the rest of his life. As we all know as time goes on what we believe to be true, usually brings on its own light as time goes on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 06:28 PM

23,468 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Small update -
The ISP has finished their investigation and turned it over to the Idaho AG for review and to determine if any action should be taken. No timeline on when the AG will complete their review.
ISP gives Yantis shooting report to Idaho AG | KTVB.COM

Also, no new word on how the independent FBI investigation is progressing.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:07 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
Cops could certainly have reacted to the gun inappropriately causing the issue. It could also have been a confrontation and clean shoot. Hard to say at this point.

In Idaho people have guns. Cops know. What I'm confused about us why did the rancher have his gun out? Did he want to shoot the bull like a horse with a broken leg? Or was he brandishing it as in trying to stop/threaten the cops to stop them from shooting the bull?

Old 04-10-2016, 07:26 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,484,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
In Idaho people have guns. Cops know. What I'm confused about us why did the rancher have his gun out? Did he want to shoot the bull like a horse with a broken leg? Or was he brandishing it as in trying to stop/threaten the cops to stop them from shooting the bull?
The stories said the family said he was gonna shoot the bull. Apparently the cops may be Idahoans but they're not ranchers and they were trying to kill it by shooting in the gut and were just torturing it. So apparently he got his gun out to do it right.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:10 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,484,502 times
"Problem" cop who was involved in the shooting is denying any current problems or threats against his in-laws or future ex-wife. Says people have lied about him.

Quote:
A May 8 post to Brian Wood’s Facebook page states, “My natural response to slander is to be angry at the person who made up the lies, and to defend myself by getting the truth out. … The man who fabricated the information in the law enforcement bulletin lost his job a couple weeks later, and the man who published the bulletin to the Internet was arrested by the FBI the very same day.”
The rest of the story.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
"Problem" cop who was involved in the shooting is denying any current problems or threats against his in-laws or future ex-wife. Says people have lied about him.

The rest of the story.
Apparently the LE alert that was issued...

Quote:
“ACCORDING TO ADAMS COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE, Brian Wood has become increasingly unstable in recent weeks.. Brian Wood is one of the Adams SCO Deputies involved in the recent officer Involved shooting in Council. ACSO (Adams County Sheriff’s Office) advised Wood and his wife are separating and there have been recently reported Domestic Violence issues in the Home. During a conversation with Adams CSO, Wood advised “If cops get involved, shots will be fired.” On 01/20/16 Wood was observed collecting guns from a fifth-wheel trailer on sister-in-laws property. Since that time, Wood’s whereabouts are unknown. Adams CSO stated Wood claims to have access to explosives. Wood’s in-laws currently reside in Meridian (info above) and have requested extra patrol due to statements from Woods that they are “not safe”.
*NO CHARGES HAVE BEEN FILED ON WOOD. ACSO IS NOT CURRENTLY INVESTIGATING ANY CRIME INVOLVING WOOD. OFFICER SAFETY ONLY*

** USE EXTREME CAUTION **

LAW ENFORCEMENT SENSITIVE
http://i2.wp.com/www.copblock.org/wp...6/05/ATL_1.jpg

Yantis was killed last November. The ISP finished up their investigation last March and then turned over their findings to the AG. The AG appears to be sitting on it and doing nothing about it.

Old 07-03-2016, 09:37 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,225,992 times
Yes. All they have talked about from the beginning is how exacting and transparent they wanted the investigation to be and how justice would be served. But here we are 7 months after the incident and still nothing.

Old 07-04-2016, 11:43 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Don't hold your breath for anything to ever be released.

The only way the public will ever learn the full findings is if there is a lawsuit pressed by the Freedom of Information act, done either by a lawyer who is involved with some civil proceedings against the law enforcement officers or a newspaper or TV channel who wants to spend the money to pry the lid off in hopes of getting a big story they can use.

This is an election year. Take it for granted nothing will come out until the election is over and all completed. Even then, I'm pretty sure there's a lot of stuff in the findings that a lot of folks do not want to become public knowledge at all.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:14 AM

The Idaho AG has decided the deputies will not be charged for shooting Yantis. They are saying that the statements made by the four witnesses (Mrs. Yantis, Paradis and the two deputies) are too conflicting to make it possible to charge the deputies.

The following link has a recap of the statements made by Mrs. Yantis, Rowdy Paradis, Deputy Wood and Deputy Roland.

5 minutes, 4 accounts, 1 dead: What happened when Yantis died | Idaho Statesman

The following link has a great deal more info .. videos showing them recreating the scene, 911 calls, taped interviews, etc.
Read, hear, see what happened in the Jack Yantis shooting case | Idaho Statesman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies