Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 08:20 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times

Advertisements

I have to agree with people that think congress was scared mindless and proved it by voting for the Tyranny, oops, Patriot, Act.

When it comes right down to the basics the only way to defeat terrorism is to stop being afraid of it and when it happens find the perpetrators and kill them along with anyone related to or that ever helped them. If they are going to use tribal methods on us we can return the favor as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 08:21 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Congressmen are people too.

Well...at least as much as any corporations are.

Probably a good reference to what you are discussing is just how cost prohibitive owning a machine gun can be for most people.

Free people, were using them on an oppressive government, who had the same weapons, weren't they......

Old 11-04-2015, 08:27 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,356,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Free people, were using them on an oppressive government, who had the same weapons, weren't they......
Sorry, but my weapon control point actually trips on that.

I think good gun control involves using two hands, and having education in the usage of weapons be available to you. But once we talk about weapons, I draw the line at nuclear, biological, and chemical. While I think we should have access to weapons, the ability to abuse some weapons causes their ownership to be restricted. So, no nuclear weapons for you! Chemical weapons of a small nature- gas, smoke, etc. non-lethal only. And biological weapons......just no.

So....I'm mostly "free people"...but I think we need a constitutional amendment limiting Nukes, and biologicals from weaponization by civilians.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:30 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,929,155 times
Quote:
Bwahahah. Seriously, anyone worried about the government taking your weapons away....3D printing is getting good enough to make weapons a couple print hours away by the time they pass any nonsense like this. And real scary weapons aren't things like guns. High energy blinding lasers, or chemical or biological weapons, now those are scary.

The real thing to worry about is government surveillance. The patriot act was not voted in by patriots, but rather people who were scared.
What should concern you is that Dems want to put a bill like this forward in the first place. Why is always the Dems coming up with bills to control the people? I thought Dems liked their guns, also?

Old 11-04-2015, 08:31 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,918,341 times
I think I'm beginning to get it , the left isn't afraid of the right with guns, the left are afraid of each other with guns.
Naturally they do not want laws that make them personally responsible for their actions, so they attack things , and penalize every one for their own incompetence .

Old 11-04-2015, 08:37 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,017 times
Not to mention the history of gun control is based on restricting minorities from having guns.

Gun control is just Jim Crowe laws that have not be over turned.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:40 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Sorry, but my weapon control point actually trips on that.

I think good gun control involves using two hands, and having education in the usage of weapons be available to you. But once we talk about weapons, I draw the line at nuclear, biological, and chemical. While I think we should have access to weapons, the ability to abuse some weapons causes their ownership to be restricted. So, no nuclear weapons for you! Chemical weapons of a small nature- gas, smoke, etc. non-lethal only. And biological weapons......just no.

So....I'm mostly "free people"...but I think we need a constitutional amendment limiting Nukes, and biologicals from weaponization by civilians.

How many governments afraid of losing control of their servants, have used chemical weapons on them..... A weapon is a weapon. Mass destruction is not used in defense. That is used to take ground and on full offense.
The militia(people) is to defend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies