Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 01:28 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by steven_h
I'm certainly wrong by your personal view of what everyone else believes, or SHOULD BELIEVE, for sure. If I said "the sky is blue" someone in here would argue against it. It's the nature of some forum hounds to argue against anything and everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlAndSparrow View Post
Projecting your unfounded opinion on millions of people, insinuating that the mayor of a major city was elected just because she is gay, is not anywhere close to the same thing as stating a basic fact about the color of the sky.

Parker is smart and competent. She managed well enough to get elected the maximum number of times. She still gets attacked by the far right crowd over nothing, though.

It's not as if straight white guys don't have a shot at being mayor of Houston. Bill White was one of the best mayors the city ever had, and everyone loved him, too.
How adorable. Firstly I'm the one who was told what I should believe, and then when I challenged it... now I'm the one foisting my "unfounded opinion on people" and apparently MILLIONS of them.

Your focus is on me, while the point is that the people of Houston voted down a horrible law which this "competent Mayor SMARTLY tried to pass through without anyone actually noticing", but they did notice and took her to court where she lost!!!

She may be "competent and smart" however she is also "cunning, devious, and dishonest"... but hey, she's gay so she gets a pass by people like you. Her gayness is far more important to you (and your ilk) than it is to me. Just like anyone who makes a negative statement about Obama is a racist.

Many of you should be ashamed of just how shallow you, as a whole, have become. Unfortunately, you see it as a virtue.

Old 11-08-2015, 02:55 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times
Somehow I do not think this whole controversy is about the tiny percentage of American citizens who are Transgender.

My theory is the rejection of the HERO bill was meant to be a slap in the face to Gay and Lesbian people. Those right wing prejudiced Houstonians were hopping mad about the many gay rights victories taking place all over the country - with the Supreme Court's decision on gay marriage the final straw.

Although framed by the opponents of HERO as anti-Transgender, it was also meant to be anti-Gay and Lesbian. Am I saying most people in Houston is anti-Gay? No! They elected Annise three times didn't they? It was just an off-year election when the vast majority of voters stayed home and the right-wing Homophobes were fired up and motivated. Their campaign was designed to demonize Transgender people not the other "L G B" people.

We haven't heard the last of this. The issue is not settled.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies