Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 10:48 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,553,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I drove ambulance for awhile when I was young. I personally ran two calls where people were killed with Hammers! One was like seriously gross, a fight on a construction site over music on a radio. One guy buried his hammer in the victims head. Hit him so hard an eye popped out.

If not knives, it will be hammers, or forks. I'm pretty sure someone has been killed by a fork.
Not to mention all the deaths by thrown rocks in the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 11:02 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Jamie's - The forks were called tridents and were mostly used for fishing.

New Hampshire once banned almost every knife except butter. the legislature dropped the ban a few years ago. So I can now carry a double edge dagger as a backup weapon.

Old 11-06-2015, 11:49 AM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Not one person was killed. Thank god this guy didn't get his hands on, and use, a gun instead!!!
Or a car!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-06-2015, 03:55 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
According to FBI, the knife has killed five times as many people as compared to rifles...
Regardless, we digress. Kids dead, and thats a good thing.. He attempted to kill and ruin several families lives all because of Allah, Islam and family not loving him enough...
This ^^ and the other poster is worried about guns. These people probably fear their own shadow!

Old 11-06-2015, 05:52 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
This is a, "hey look over there at the knife instead of the semi-automatic guns!"

Tell me how the CO theater shooter could have killed and hurt as many with a knife instead of his guns.

Old 11-06-2015, 06:07 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
This is a, "hey look over there at the knife instead of the semi-automatic guns!"

Tell me how the CO theater shooter could have killed and hurt as many with a knife instead of his guns.
I see you are not one for statistics.

Old 11-06-2015, 06:41 PM

934 posts, read 595,285 times
If the guy was a gun fan the death toll would be much higher

Thank god he didnt have a gun

Old 11-06-2015, 08:21 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
If the guy was a gun fan the death toll would be much higher

Thank god he didnt have a gun
And than god he didn't have ammonia fertilizer and diesel fuel, the death toll would be much higher

Old 11-06-2015, 08:54 PM

934 posts, read 595,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
And than god he didn't have ammonia fertilizer and diesel fuel, the death toll would be much higher
Never heard of that happening at a uuniversity

Old 11-06-2015, 09:13 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
Never heard of that happening at a uuniversity
So you think a university is immune of the same type of violence that Tim Mcveigh brought to Oklahoma City? Do you think a high school or elementary school is? The issue is not what the means of mass killings is, but rather why it happens at all. Sooner or later, these criminals are going to figure out that they can kill more people at a cheaper price with an explosive device. When they do, you will see much greater devastation. You can ban anything you want, but until you address the basic problem, it will continue to exist. Those who died in the Oklahoma City bombing never imagined that a mass murder of such magnitude would ever happen to them when they went to work that morning. It did and not a single shot was fired. Start addressing the cause of the problem rather than a symptom or sooner or later there will be a devastating price extracted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies