Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2015, 06:07 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times

Advertisements

Everything seen through the prism of race. Relentless name calling, hatefulness, personal attacks and invocations of racial epithets.

If these aren't the hallmarks of a racist, then I don't know what is. And this is what we see from Democrats and the left on pretty much an unrelenting basis.

Old 11-08-2015, 06:39 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Is a bigoted racist worse?

Old 11-08-2015, 06:52 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
How can you not read what you just wrote and not see christianity is indeed a cult. So is islam. All religions are. Look at your words for crying out loud. How can anyone who is in their right mind believe that drivel?!
Drivel? Your opinion. I believe the witnesses who testified about Christ, who were with him, and Paul, who was not with him, yet met him on the road to Damascus and received the Gospel; yes, the same Gospel as those who were with Christ. Consider Paul's testimony He was addressing the churches in Galatia where he had heard some were introducing dangerous heresies:
"I want you to know, brothers, that the Gospel I preached is not something that man made up. I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

For you have heard of my previous way of life in Judaism, how intensely I persecuted the church of God and tried to destroy it. I was advancing in Judaism beyond many Jews of my own age, and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my fathers. But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia, and later returned to Damascus.

Then after three years, I went up to Jerusalem to get acquainted with Peter, and stayed with him fifteen days. I saw none of the other apostles — only James, the Lords brother. I assure you before God that what I am writing to you is no lie. Later I went to Syria and Cilicia. I was personally unknown to the churches of Judea that are in Christ. They only heard the report: "The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy." And they praised God because of me. — Galatians 1: 11-24
I know that when I received Christ I was changed. In an instant. I felt it. I felt the Holy Spirit come over me, and I knew I was a new person. It is something that cannot be denied.

Old 11-08-2015, 06:52 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,346,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

Why did he ONLY attend a "black" church?
Are you talking about the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago?

While the location of the Trinity building may have more people of colour attending, the United Church of Christ's nationwide membership is mostly white, so it is not a truly 'black' church.

Former VP Hubert Humphrey and former supreme court justice William Rehnquist were United Church of Christ members.

Old 11-08-2015, 07:02 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
If there ever was a jesus, he would have little to do with the religion that has taken his name.
If there was a Jesus? (By the way, proper names are capitalized) There was, it is historical fact (unless you dispute the historicity of the Bible).

It is true that many so-called 'Christian' churches today have abandoned Biblical Christianity, but many have not; those (derogatorily called "fundamentalist" by the Left) that still believe the Bible to be the infallible Word of God.

I'd like to ask a question of those who dispute that Christ was a real person: At what point do you believe the history of man to have begun? What makes you believe that a historical figure actually existed? Did George Washington actually exist? How do you know? Was Julius Caesar a real person, or a fictional character? How do you know? What makes you believe any historical record is true? Are you a "holocaust" denier?

Yet, most of you blindly accept that "global warming" is fact! LOL

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 11-08-2015 at 07:14 AM..

Old 11-08-2015, 07:25 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,346,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
If there was a Jesus? (By the way, proper names are capitalized) There was, it is historical fact (unless you dispute the historicity of the Bible).

It is true that many so-called 'Christian' churches today have abandoned Biblical Christianity, but many have not; those (derogatorily called "fundamentalist" by the Left) that still believe the Bible to be the infallible Word of God.

I'd like to ask a question of those who dispute that Christ was a real person: At what point do you believe the history of man to have begun? What makes you believe that a historical figure actually existed? Did George Washington actually exist? How do you know? Was Julius Caesar a real person, or a fictional character? How do you know? What makes you believe any historical record is true? Are you a "holocaust" denier?

Yet, most of you do believe in "global warming!" LOL
The Bible the word of god? I doubt it. Various tales and stories from man. Created by collaboration and compromise.
Just like the Aesopica (Aesop's Fables)

Was jesus a real person? In my opinion, he is like Robin Hood, a collection of stories about different people, brought together to create a somewhat believable, re-tellable narrative.

Old 11-08-2015, 07:26 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
All you care about is your fellow black people and not others concerns that effect them. I rest my case.

I suggest blacks join against mass legal and illegal immigration since they've also been the true Americans since the founding, and our harmed by it. Whites and blacks both struggled to make this country great. I don't want foreigners to take it away from blacks either. But what do you do? You reject it because you suspect it's not based on enough concern about blacks. See there's no way to cooperate and agree on a common interest. It's always about the race.
Really? When have I said that all I care about is Black people? In fact, one of my posts explicitly mentions that I don't care what race a person is as long as they are decent. I care about making sure all people get treated fairly in a society. I also understand that I was born Black, and for that reason, I have nothing to gain from your desire to have a 1955-style society. Prove to me that I have something to gain. Actually, I asked some question of you regarding that, and you never answered.

As for "it's always about race", I've seen you make so many comments complaining about Blacks as a whole. Accusing Black people of doing that is quite hypocritical.

And it was also Hispanic and Asian immigrants(the ones who came the legal way) who struggled to help build this country too. The fact that you singled out Blacks without considering that there are people in other groups not taking this issue to heart, that shows me that it is about race with you.

Old 11-08-2015, 07:27 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Agreed fyi - The early 1930's was when black unemployment passed white unemployment.
The Depression years. One reason I would rather live in 2015 than today.

Old 11-08-2015, 07:31 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,604,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I can't tell you how tired I am of seeing some backwoods knuckle dragger stand up at a candidate's poltical rally or meeting and say something to the effect of ...."what we gun do bout that ther muslim in the white house, that black muslim?....

And the worst part of it is that we Republicans seem to embrace a philosophy of passive tolerance to these idots.... and why? Because they vote Republican? We don't need these uneducated hicks votes!

This plays right in to the Democrats hands every time something like this happens and candidates don't call it out for what it is! McCain is the only one who did the right thing and stood his ground and put the idiot in his audience back in her place. He didn't want to get her vote by being complicit in her ignorance. Every time one of these hillbillies says something like this and it goes unchallenged, it just lends credibility to the Dems false portrayal of all Republicans being beer guzzling rednecks with an 8th grade education.

First Donald Trump failed us in this regard, and now Carly Fiorina. THIS MUST STOP!!! This is not what the Conservative movement is about... If you're one of these people who believe that Obama is "an arab" or a "muslim", and that combined with his "blackness" somehow disqualifies him from being president in "your white, Christian nation"... than go crawl back under your rock and stay there!!!! There is NO place for you in the Conservative movement you anti-freedom, slanderous hypocrite!

ABC Reporter: Fiorina Didn’t Correct Someone Who Called Obama ‘Black Muslim’ (UPDATED) | Mediaite

WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS CONSERVATIVES!
Ok, I get it, the part about FREE SPEECH you don't like it the FREE part. Noted. Next....

Old 11-08-2015, 07:35 AM

369 posts, read 193,700 times
Conservatives are not better than that. At least those who call themselves "conservatives" nowadays. It's a philosophy with hatred as its core.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies