Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 03:00 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Oops! Struck a nerve while drilling for oil.

Well, it happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Sure you did. If something is patented, it is registered in the patent office and searchable. What were some of those patent numbers? I'd like to learn.
Who killed the electric car is a good start for you. The girl I dated didn't give me copies of what she worked on, she should have even been telling me what she worked on.

Old 11-08-2015, 04:07 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
Falls right in there with the reality of the tooth fairy. Anyone that believe this is way beyond being a fool.
What is so unbelievable about it? If I were a multi billion dollar company do you really think I'd want someone coming up with a way to kill my business? Especially If i could afford the best Lawyers money could buy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
BS. Patents are searchable , what grand technology is being hidden from the masses? Furthermore patents are only good for 20 years, you have a very small window of opportunity to develop and market your invention. After that anyone can use it.

Patents that go unusued fall into two categories, either they are not marketable or it's a patent troll where they have patented something mundane in the hopes that someone else infringes on it.
unless you know the name of the patent or its number how exactly would you find it? Also if someone never told you of its existence how would you know it exists?

Quote:
The fact that people believe myths like this is proof of the failure of the American educational system. Magic free electricity, right up there with 100mph carburetors as conspiracy theories. What's next? Blame it on Monsanto?
Actually Tesla was a big proponent for for free energy however his rival at the timw Ben Franklin was what you would call a capitalist also Tesla was a terrible businessman and was cheated by one of the great robber Barrons of the time.

Quote:
Sure you did. If something is patented, it is registered in the patent office and searchable. What were some of those patent numbers? I'd like to learn.
I'm sure many would like to know to however how would you know unless you ask one of the many companies who own them what they are. Do you think they'll tell you, me or anyone from that matter?

Old 11-08-2015, 10:59 PM

39,855 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Who killed the electric car is a good start for you. The girl I dated didn't give me copies of what she worked on, she should have even been telling me what she worked on.
Yeah, sure she did. Must have been the CIA. You know, she could tell ya, then she'd have to kill you.

"Who Killed the Electric Car" was a mindless fluff piece. I did watch it. The car failed because it was far too expensive. It (the EV-1) was only a test product to gauge the public's acceptance of an EV. And given how few they had and how few people actually rented them, it wasn't such a positive experience. One that cost GM billions pandering to the greenies in CA.

Old 11-08-2015, 11:02 PM

39,855 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Actually Tesla was a big proponent for for free energy however his rival at the timw Ben Franklin was what you would call a capitalist also Tesla was a terrible businessman and was cheated by one of the great robber Barrons of the time.

I'm sure many would like to know to however how would you know unless you ask one of the many companies who own them what they are. Do you think they'll tell you, me or anyone from that matter?
Tesla was a genius. Just the same, many of his ideas did not work out. And yes, sadly, he was taken for a ride by Westinghouse. Perhaps not as much of a genius as some make him out to be?

Patents are searchable-you can even do it on line, or hire a patent attorney to do it for you. Lots of pipe-dream stories out there, mostly from people that have no clue about engineering or manufacturing.

Old 11-08-2015, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Yeah, sure she did. Must have been the CIA. You know, she could tell ya, then she'd have to kill you.

"Who Killed the Electric Car" was a mindless fluff piece. I did watch it. The car failed because it was far too expensive. It (the EV-1) was only a test product to gauge the public's acceptance of an EV. And given how few they had and how few people actually rented them, it wasn't such a positive experience. One that cost GM billions pandering to the greenies in CA.
Sure, you keep living on being naive thinking the auto industry is your friend who want you to have the best.

Old 11-08-2015, 11:35 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:

What? The electric car is dead? I'd better let the thousands of folks that own them here on Vancouver Island know.......

Old 11-09-2015, 12:18 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
*Sigh* Ban, ban, ban...Coming again from the left. Because that's where it always comes from.

Old 11-09-2015, 03:18 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
unless you know the name of the patent or its number how exactly would you find it? Also if someone never told you of its existence how would you know it exists?
You would hire a patent lawyer if you are unable to do these searches yourself, they have to do it all the time. Determining that someone has not already patented your idea is the first step in the patent process.

Last edited by thecoalman; 11-09-2015 at 03:28 AM..

Old 11-09-2015, 03:26 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Who killed the electric car is a good start for you.
As stated by someone in that film the automakers would sell you a car that ran on pig **** if they could make enough money on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies