Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 05:36 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
yes, those are realistic options for energy. I have a wind powered car. I put it in neutral and wait 6 years for it to move an inch. I also use waves for transportation. I surf to work. I also heard of a new liberal option for transportation. it's a car that runs off of self satisfaction.
LOL!!!

Many of these liberals (tree huggers) have gone back to bicycles too. Pedal cars might be an alternative they would like.

Most liberals don't like living in the country, because they can't walk to the grocery store or other places they need to go.

Liberals are basically very backward. They would prefer to live in the past, and wish to force everyone else to do so too. They would happily return to lighting candles or lanterns (like the Amish) and not use electricity in their homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2015, 05:43 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Force major oil companies to spend on drilling out their leases, sounds like a good idea to me. Tired of hearing drill baby drill and the companies who should be doing it sitting on those leases. Get the product out of the ground and allow the market price to drop. Job creation.

In 10 years when all have forgotten this, the GOP will run on drill baby drill again.
Why should they produce more than demand requires? They don't make money having oil sitting in storage tanks.

Old 11-07-2015, 05:55 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
LOL!!!

Many of these liberals (tree huggers) have gone back to bicycles too. Pedal cars might be an alternative they would like.

Most liberals don't like living in the country, because they can't walk to the grocery store or other places they need to go.

Liberals are basically very backward. They would prefer to live in the past, and wish to force everyone else to do so too. They would happily return to lighting candles or lanterns (like the Amish) and not use electricity in their homes.
I ride a bike for exercise, but I require a car that runs off of gas to get to work. if I lived a half mile from work I'd probably walk, but I would still require a vehicle. liberals are clinically insane.

Old 11-07-2015, 06:04 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
He wants to develop alternate energy sources so that we are not slaves to oil. I don't imagine a lot of buggy makers liked the idea of the automobile, either, but it happened anyway. We have unlimited supplies of wind, waves, and sunlight that we can tap for our needs. Other countries are already far ahead of us in development and execution of the technology necessary for the transition.

Bernie is looking to the future. Fossil fuels will be as quaint an idea in fifty years as building a log home with an axe is today.
He wants a handful of people sitting on thrones in DC to decide energy choices for everyone and with taxpayer money.
Get rid of all govt subsidies and let 300 million plus consumers decide. The fed guv has no constitutional authority nor should politicians be determining best technologies.
And the fed govt is broke and has no business or owning as much land as it does.

Other countries ...looking to the future...we progressives are so smart... blah blah blah lol

Old 11-07-2015, 06:23 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
He wants to develop alternate energy sources so that we are not slaves to oil. I don't imagine a lot of buggy makers liked the idea of the automobile, either, but it happened anyway. We have unlimited supplies of wind, waves, and sunlight that we can tap for our needs. Other countries are already far ahead of us in development and execution of the technology necessary for the transition.

Bernie is looking to the future. Fossil fuels will be as quaint an idea in fifty years as building a log home with an axe is today.
All fine and dandy, however, that would be foolishly premature. Like buying new vette because you bought a lottery ticket and were sure you were going to win before the first car payment was due.

Why can't liberals ever exist in reality? Future goals are a requisite but discarding the foundation of our economy before shoring up the building is destructive to our economy. All the complaints about jobs and pay are the result of environmental federal regs and obama 'energy policy' of 'skyrocketing energy prices'. That gasoline prices are temporarily low is now a tribute to obama, it is a failure of his energy policy.

Old 11-07-2015, 07:28 AM

5,509 posts, read 9,486,726 times
What's the big deal? It's not like anyone who thinks this is a bad idea was going to vote for Sanders, anyway.

Old 11-07-2015, 07:45 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Breaking: Bernie Sanders Wants to Ban All New Fossil Fuel Development on Federal Lands | Mother Jones

Looks like Sanders is as much of a fool as Obama. At least with Obama you can understand it-he wants to ensure we remain dependant on oil from Muslim countries. But what is up with Sanders? Destroy American jobs, kill the one bright spot in our economy in the last 7 years while simultaneously driving up the cost of energy and financing our enemies. Can someone explain why Democrats insist on waging war on American citizens, workers in particular?
Expensive coal and expensive oil are the only way that alternatives will develop.

Also I havent' seen anyone post evidence that ending drilling in federal lands would materially hurt the global oil supply, where prices are set.

Old 11-07-2015, 07:48 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I said it in another thread and I will say it here.

Sanders is an idiot.
Wonder if he'll actually walk the walk on this? That means no fossil fuel means of transportation for Bernie or any of his campaign workers.

What are the odds he'll be a total hypocrite on this?

Old 11-07-2015, 07:48 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
All the complaints about jobs and pay are the result of environmental federal regs and obama 'energy policy' of 'skyrocketing energy prices'.
[citation needed]

Old 11-07-2015, 07:59 AM

9,909 posts, read 7,689,224 times
Huh I mean I am al for alternative fuel. Hoping more hydrogen station's are developed and hydrogen car's.

It seems not stopping drilling in the Gulf just not allowing new holes to be drilled I rake it. Question is what alternatives can we utilize from within...

White Oil
Natural Gas
Geothermal Energy
Hydro Energy
Solar Energy
Nuclear Fussion/Fission energy
Wind energy
Methane Gas from Fecal matter
Hydrogen Energy
Kinetic energy from people walking/waves
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies