Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2015, 10:15 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,405,334 times

Advertisements

Offended Xian Idiots. Starbucks sells Merry Christmas Gift Cards and sells Christmas Blend coffee.

Christmas Blend coffee;
Starbucks® Christmas Blend, Whole Bean | Starbucks® Store

Merry Christmas Gift Cards:
Merry Christmas gift card | Starbucks

Old 11-08-2015, 10:26 PM

29,180 posts, read 22,192,296 times
Nothing says Christmas than the colors red and green. Christians and heathens alike use the colors everywhere all season long.

For crying out loud.

There has to be something more controversial to spew bile over than a red coffee cup with a green logo.

I was in charge, I would have made the cup green and the logo red, just to switch it around to see what happened.

Or maybe used a broad red band around the middle of the green cup with a white logo centered in the band.

Old 11-09-2015, 06:45 AM

68,285 posts, read 54,079,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Wow--talk about making something out of nothing. What a bunch of total mindless naval-gazing nonsense.
It's a strange group of worshippers that expresses more outrage over red coffee cups than bloody, unnecessary wars of choice.

Old 11-09-2015, 07:17 AM

15,803 posts, read 21,321,828 times
Wake me up when Starbucks changes the cup to blue to represent the real reason for the season: Chanukkah.

Old 11-09-2015, 07:25 AM

14,460 posts, read 11,217,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
It's a strange group of worshippers that expresses more outrage over red coffee cups than bloody, unnecessary wars of choice.
One right wing bomb thrower from the UK wrote an article about it.

Old 11-09-2015, 07:44 AM

52,252 posts, read 34,001,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
War On Christmas: Starbucks Red Cups Are Emblematic Of The Christian Culture Cleansing Of The West

This is mindnumbing and proves how deep the persecution complex among many conservative Christians goes. For them to latch onto something this trivial, it also shows how much they enjoy being outraged. Despite what is being spread around on social media, Starbucks still allows their employees to say Merry Christmas, they still sell Advent calendars, Christmas blend coffee, and Christmas greeting cards. The only thing they did is remove the Santas and the reindeer from the cups and have went with a sleek red design. Starbucks cups have never said "Merry Christmas."

How is that persecution? How is that a war on Christmas?

Plus, Starbucks is a secular, private company. Why should they have to bow to the Christian Right?
your title says conservatives, but there is a only a single 'outraged' party in your link

Old 11-09-2015, 01:09 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,165,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
I'm pretty sure that one of the wise men was holding a vente pumpkin spice latte(with caramel!)in the pics from the birth of the illegitimate little tyke.
I know. Did you know that Joseph, son of Jacob, stole the Tardis from Dr. Who and came to 2015 to get a job in the marketing department of Starbucks so he could make them change their cups to red only. Thus condemning millions of disposable cup users to burn in hell. I personally bring my own food grade stainless steel cup manufactured in China but distributed by Kleen Kanteen based in California to all coffee shops. I have loads of independent ones. Anyway, my use of my own cup has saved me from that bastard Jesus (the one in the Bible, not the guy that mows the lawn even though his mother never knew which of the many men she slept with was the father).

Old 11-09-2015, 01:16 PM

13,627 posts, read 20,684,914 times
A coffee cup?

I cannot believe it matters.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:18 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,051,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
War On Christmas: Starbucks Red Cups Are Emblematic Of The Christian Culture Cleansing Of The West

This is mindnumbing and proves how deep the persecution complex among many conservative Christians goes. For them to latch onto something this trivial, it also shows how much they enjoy being outraged. Despite what is being spread around on social media, Starbucks still allows their employees to say Merry Christmas, they still sell Advent calendars, Christmas blend coffee, and Christmas greeting cards. The only thing they did is remove the Santas and the reindeer from the cups and have went with a sleek red design. Starbucks cups have never said "Merry Christmas."

How is that persecution? How is that a war on Christmas?

Plus, Starbucks is a secular, private company. Why should they have to bow to the Christian Right?

Lord help me. Is this nonsense going to go on all holiday season? Seriously? Can't people just leave it the hell alone and just celebrate Christmas, or the Winter Soltice, or Saternalia, or whatever you want without all this stupid outrage over nothing?

Old 11-10-2015, 06:21 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,273,394 times
Now Trump is talking about boycotting Starbucks and not renewing their leases in Trump Towers....over a red cup! This so-called war on Christmas is absolutely stupid and strictly an invention of the far right!

Donald Trump: 'Maybe we should boycott Starbucks' - CNNPolitics.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies