Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 06:16 AM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times

Advertisements

Honorable President Obama:

The Oath of Office for President of the United States which you took (twice) on January 20, 2009 and again on January 20, 2013 from US Constitution, Article II, Section 1:
  • "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."
The oath is to the United States, and not to the world. I'm sorry, your responsibilities are to make the U.S. a better place. That does involve helping its allies. In recent months you have:

1. Rejected the Keystone XL Pipeline for the benefit of the "world" on "climate change" even though it negatively impacts U.S. economic interests and those of a close ally, Canada, Obama officially rejects keystone XL; See also Efforts to Reduce "Climate Change" Futile in View of Unchecked Emissions in China;
  2. Entered a unilateral treaty giving Iran $140,000,000,000 in exchange for very little or nothing, see recent thread Iranian leader tweets graphic of Obama with gun to head;
  3. Agreed to accept large numbers of refugees from countries whose populations will not readily meld into the U.S.'s;
  4. Sought to end deportation of illegal immigrants, in effect opening our doors and welfare benefits to all;
  5. Pressured close ally Israel to surrender land so that it's nine miles wide at its point of thickest habitation; and
  6. Agreed with regard to climate to allow China to increase its emissions through 2030 whereas the U.S. has to cut emissions drastically by 2026.
You may verily believe that the world is a troubled place and the affluent U.S. can help. But lets get one thing clear; you are the U.S.'s and not the world's President. Your duties run to us.

If you believe we should do more, at least go to the elected Congress. Instead, on each of the above issues you sidestepped Congress by "executive orders." Fortunately on Item #4, relating to deportations the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals has temporarily stopped you. The Courts are unlikely to intrude in the other areas, relating to foreign policy.

Mr. President, please do your job.

Respectfully,

JBG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 10:23 AM

Our current President is trying to clean up the mess Obama left behind.

Old 04-21-2018, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I think he is going to need a bigger mop.
I don't know why this post was deleted or the previous poster banned, but Obama did some damage, like Obamacare, that is hard to reverse. Some of his work was sheer vandalism; other work the result of naive good intentions.

Old 04-21-2018, 06:26 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
And both the Republicans, and Democrats are trying to stop him.

Old 04-21-2018, 06:50 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Obama is has been low key trying to keep his head down while his corruption is in the news. He doesn't want to be prosecuted for his crimes and corruption in the Russian probe insurance policy.

Old 04-21-2018, 06:56 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
Leave Obama alone, it was an 8 year nothingburger.

Old 04-21-2018, 04:13 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:

The Oath of Office for President of the United States which you took (twice) on January 20, 2009 and again on January 20, 2013 from US Constitution, Article II, Section 1:
  • "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."
The oath is to the United States, and not to the world. I'm sorry, your responsibilities are to make the U.S. a better place. That does involve helping its allies. In recent months you have:

1. Rejected the Keystone XL Pipeline for the benefit of the "world" on "climate change" even though it negatively impacts U.S. economic interests and those of a close ally, Canada, Obama officially rejects keystone XL; See also Efforts to Reduce "Climate Change" Futile in View of Unchecked Emissions in China;
  2. Entered a unilateral treaty giving Iran $140,000,000,000 in exchange for very little or nothing, see recent thread Iranian leader tweets graphic of Obama with gun to head;
  3. Agreed to accept large numbers of refugees from countries whose populations will not readily meld into the U.S.'s;
  4. Sought to end deportation of illegal immigrants, in effect opening our doors and welfare benefits to all;
  5. Pressured close ally Israel to surrender land so that it's nine miles wide at its point of thickest habitation; and
  6. Agreed with regard to climate to allow China to increase its emissions through 2030 whereas the U.S. has to cut emissions drastically by 2026.
You may verily believe that the world is a troubled place and the affluent U.S. can help. But lets get one thing clear; you are the U.S.'s and not the world's President. Your duties run to us.

If you believe we should do more, at least go to the elected Congress. Instead, on each of the above issues you sidestepped Congress by "executive orders." Fortunately on Item #4, relating to deportations the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals has temporarily stopped you. The Courts are unlikely to intrude in the other areas, relating to foreign policy.

Respectfully,

JBG

Dear JBG:

Thank you for your well written letter. All I can say is, let's see if you feel the same way in a year or two. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Barack

Old 04-21-2018, 04:17 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,816,860 times
Quote:
A word of explanation. When I post, I search for keywords on posts I've written since I don't like reinventing the wheel. I this case the search led me back to this post. If I have a thought on the subject of the thread I found searching, I post it.

The question, and maybe this is a great debate in its own right, whether it's better to revive a dead thread or to create a new one. Should the topic be "Necro-ing" v. Thread Proliferation"?
James, you are tilting at windmills.

Old 04-21-2018, 04:30 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,936,051 times
Quote:

Respectfully,

JBG
Quote:
I'm confused.

OK, apparently you were filled with anger at Obama's smallest attempt to counter the WILL OF BIG OIL!
Further, you're now cheering on the destruction of the atmosphere of planet earth - our SHARED home.
And since there's room for lots of CO2, that means there's room for all sorts of other noxious emissions like S04 and the other sulfates into the air near our factories and cities. Plus, you urge onward the charge to allow toxic substances like arsenic and cyanide and radioactive substances to simply wash unimpeded (and largely unsampled) into Western streams and rivers. Who cares if the drinking water of thousands if not millions of Americans is tainted with poisonous runoff and sometimes smells like - sulfur?

Got it.

Old 04-21-2018, 04:51 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
I'm confused.

OK, apparently you were filled with anger at Obama's smallest attempt to counter the WILL OF BIG OIL!
Further, you're now cheering on the destruction of the atmosphere of planet earth - our SHARED home.
And since there's room for lots of CO2, that means there's room for all sorts of other noxious emissions like S04 and the other sulfates into the air near our factories and cities. Plus, you urge onward the charge to allow toxic substances like arsenic and cyanide and radioactive substances to simply wash unimpeded (and largely unsampled) into Western streams and rivers. Who cares if the drinking water of thousands if not millions of Americans is tainted with poisonous runoff and sometimes smells like - sulfur?

Got it.

Hey, that was the way it was in 1950, and no one got Cancer then..........oh, wait a minute, yes they did.

But, it was good for the economy !!

Here, all of you who want to remove environmental protections, read this and see how you feel:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_Donora_smog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies