Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 10:23 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
These taxpayer funded idiots are teaching our children. Scary. So you can't say "illegal alien" or "female" or "male". What's next, controlling what color of shirts these kids must wear?
----------------------
“Use of racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic, classist, or generally offensive language in class or submission of such material will not be tolerated,” professor Selena Lester Breikss’s syllabus read. “This includes ‘The Man,’ ‘Colored People,’ ‘Illegals/Illegal Aliens,’ ‘Tranny’ and so on — or referring to women/men as females or males.”

This wasn’t an idle warning.

“If I see it or hear it, I will correct it in class since it can be a learning moment for many students,” Breikss wrote. “Repeated use of oppressive and hateful language will be handled accordingly — including but not limited to removal from the class without attendance or participation points, failure of the assignment, and — in extreme cases — failure for the semester.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...en-and-tranny/
Simple solution, no one signs up for his classes and bang he is on the street looking for a Real job. Why does anyone find this as odd, being that it is occurring in Little California, Washington, are you living there and if so, why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 10:35 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard32 View Post
Public schools do not exist to encourage ignorance and racism. The world that students are preparing to live in will be far harsher than to assign low marks for attendance for such transgressions. Those who cannot learn to respect others in the workplace will eventually be fired and soon enough never hired by anyone again. Your alleged right to deliberately insult and disparage other people lies mainly in your imagination.
Point out for me please if you would, the exact part of the Constitution or Bill of Rights that says you have a right to never be exposed to anything you find offensive.

I'll wait.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:42 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
These taxpayer funded idiots are teaching our children. Scary. So you can't say "illegal alien" or "female" or "male". What's next, controlling what color of shirts these kids must wear?
----------------------
“Use of racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic, classist, or generally offensive language in class or submission of such material will not be tolerated,” professor Selena Lester Breikss’s syllabus read. “This includes ‘The Man,’ ‘Colored People,’ ‘Illegals/Illegal Aliens,’ ‘Tranny’ and so on — or referring to women/men as females or males.”

“If I see it or hear it, I will correct it in class since it can be a learning moment for many students,” Breikss wrote. “Repeated use of oppressive and hateful language will be handled accordingly — including but not limited to removal from the class without attendance or participation points, failure of the assignment, and — in extreme cases — failure for the semester.”

As long as the two four letter F-words are still legal!!!!! FINE!, efu!

Wonder if some future civilization will try to break the language code of words that begin with a letter followed by a hypen and the word, 'word'?

These primitive cultures aparently felt if one of those codes was uttered, the mind would not be interpreting the phrase and actually be thinking and saying the decode silently.

Old 11-10-2015, 02:07 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
If college students every need something REAL to protest against, instead of Halloween costumes and whatnot, this would be a good place to start.

My entire life I've told people they can't ban words from coming out of my mouth. Now, I'm not a stupid person and I've always played to the audience...if you know what I mean...to get along in life. It's a skill everyone needs. But no, you can't tell me any words are banned from ever being uttered. Even the worst ones you can think of. Sorry.

Old 11-11-2015, 06:12 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Exactly. Well said.

I personally don't have a problem with the terminology. However I know the people that constantly use it don't use it just for people who are illegally here. These people try to fool us pretending they only dislike "illegal aliens" of all races(because they don't want to be labeled as a racist) but in reality they just assume most hispanics are illegals. So if you last name is Gonzalez or you speak Spanish you are automatically a "criminal illegal alien" who should be deported back to Mexico.
I've never met anyone like that. We have a huge number of hispanic people here and never think anything like your post.

Old 11-11-2015, 07:05 AM

14,481 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
If students don't learn how to conduct themselves in class, how will they manage in the workplace? I know of few employers who would be happy to hear their employees using language like that. Many young people fresh out of HS don't know better than to call a transgender person a 'tranny' or use 'male' and 'female' as a noun instead of an adjective (except when discussing biology). It just good manners, and as a college instructor I would insist on such manners.
Wizzz!

Do you know what that was zentropa? It was the subject of this thread going right the hell over your head.

This is about control and it illustrates how far a liberal "professor" will delve into actual malpractice to put it into action.

How about all publicly funded universities put into their employee conduct policy the edict that if the university has to apologize for incidents of free speech abridgments, the offending faculty must be terminated.

Here's another embarrassment that happened this week for your perusal:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/10/us...edom.html?_r=0

Old 11-11-2015, 07:09 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
----------------------

One to the temple, sets an example for all to see.......
Punish me for my thoughts and you Will Die.
He better be glad my kid will never attend his classroom.
My daughter would give him a good lesson about individual freedom and why duels at 10 paces were perfectly legal and their purpose.
Murder being the alternative.

Old 11-11-2015, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard32 View Post
No intelligent person would see it. Ideas that neanderthals had already discarded have no claim to a place in the modern world.
And ideas of enforcing politically correct language in the manner that you are promulgating has no place in a free society.

Old 11-11-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
No, it's not accurate, and it has evolved into a racial epithet applied almost exclusively to Hispanics. It's rude and dehumanizing, full stop.

Here's a Christian perspective:

Why We Need to Stop Using the Term "Illegal Immigrant"
No other immigrant group presents the challenge to America that Hispanics currently do.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:16 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,695,383 times
Illegal alien, female, male, Trans gender, cross dresser, she said she sold seashells down by the seashore, he has half an hour, Little Women, Womens rights, Manly Man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies