Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 03:50 PM

876 posts, read 1,000,715 times

Advertisements

Distaste of progressive social policy such as immigration and feminism has started the rise of the far-right in Europe, and I haven't seen anything suggesting that this is merely temporary. So I have a question for progressives and their supporters: If the rise of the far-right doesn't stop and they continue to grow in power to a point of being a major political force (which they already appear to be in some nations), then what are you planning on doing? How will you adopt your political strategy to respond to this? I am legitimately curious, because I can't help but wonder how you intend to make your ideas and policies survive if they have created so much hatred that it results in the political rise of literal nazis rather than just right-wingers that you try to degrade by merely calling them that.

Last edited by hakkarin; 11-08-2015 at 04:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 03:52 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
They don't think it's "rising." They don't know what you're talking about.

Old 11-08-2015, 03:57 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,563,954 times
Poland and Switzerland recently elected right-wing governments.

Europe will fail to exist as we know it, if the Liberals continue down the same path as they have for the last few years of importing Muslims, making false equivalency comparisons between Christianity and Islam, and rush to support jihad terrorism by falsely blaming the West.

Old 11-08-2015, 03:58 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkarin View Post
Distaste of progressive social policy such as immigration and feminism has started the rise of the far-right in Europe, and I haven't seen anything suggesting that this is merely temporary. So I have a question for progressives and their supporters: If the rise of the far-right doesn't stop and they continue to grow in power to a point of being a major political force (which they already appear to be in some nations), then what are you planning on doing? How will you adopt your political strategy to respond to this? I am legitimately curious, because I can't help but wonder how you intend to make your ideas and policies survive if they have created so much hatred that it results in the political rise of literal nazis rather than just right-wingers that you try to degrade by merely calling them that.
It is cyclical. The worm always turns. And guess what? People cope and move on.

The bigger question is what would the conservative establishment do if the extremist wing rises?

But, in any event, you seem to be under the impression that this country is becoming more conservative when it is actually becoming more liberal. So what are you going to do?

Americans Continue to Shift Left on Key Moral Issues

On social issues, Americans are more liberal than ever before. What's behind the sudden shift? - CSMonitor.com

Old 11-08-2015, 04:11 PM

1,245 posts, read 923,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
It is cyclical. The worm always turns. And guess what? People cope and move on.

The bigger question is what would the conservative establishment do if the extremist wing rises?

But, in any event, you seem to be under the impression that this country is becoming more conservative when it is actually becoming more liberal. So what are you going to do?

Americans Continue to Shift Left on Key Moral Issues

On social issues, Americans are more liberal than ever before. What's behind the sudden shift? - CSMonitor.com
Where were these conducted? As I don't buy that people have gone more to the left. Those are just people that bought the hope and change nonsense.

Old 11-08-2015, 04:16 PM

1,248 posts, read 823,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Poland and Switzerland recently elected right-wing governments.

Europe will fail to exist as we know it, if the Liberals continue down the same path as they have for the last few years of importing Muslims, making false equivalency comparisons between Christianity and Islam, and rush to support jihad terrorism by falsely blaming the West.
Trust me, Europe has been through much worse times than these, and it has not failed to exist. There was a German guy named Oswald Spengler who proclaimed "the decline of the West" back in the 1920es. His country was reduced to a pile of smouldering ruins shortly after that - and rebuilt again, more beautiful than before. And it still has not gone off the map, no matter how many would like it to.

Old 11-08-2015, 04:28 PM

549 posts, read 625,344 times
Politics is cyclical.

Once the "far right" assumes power and governs, people will eventually tire of right-wing rule, and vote in leftists. And the cycle repeats.

And I don't know how it works in Iceland, but here in America, once the "rightists" (Republicans) take over, they tend to obliterate the economy, and leave the mess for "leftists" (the Democrats) to clean up.

Old 11-08-2015, 04:28 PM

876 posts, read 1,000,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norne View Post
Trust me, Europe has been through much worse times than these, and it has not failed to exist. There was a German guy named Oswald Spengler who proclaimed "the decline of the West" back in the 1920es. His country was reduced to a pile of smouldering ruins shortly after that - and rebuilt again, more beautiful than before. And it still has not gone off the map, no matter how many would like it to.
So what do you believe will happen? Europe will simply accept that the continent is being flooded with aliens and not care that social justice knights are harming them?

Old 11-08-2015, 04:31 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,563,954 times
There are two types of Leftists:

1. Europe will never become like many of the Muslims countries we see today.
2. If Europe becomes another Pakistan, so what!?

Though both types are contributing towards the decline of Europe, the #2 is far more dangerous.

Old 11-08-2015, 04:46 PM

1,248 posts, read 823,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkarin View Post
So what do you believe will happen? Europe will simply accept that the continent is being flooded with aliens and not care that social justice knights are harming them?
No, I believe Europe will rise again. How - that I do not know.

I am sure you are familiar with the Weimar Republic from history. It was a beaten-down, depressed, disarmed country which also happened to live through one of the worst economical crises in human history. What nobody could foresee, is that in less than two decades the Weimar Republic turned into the powerful and warlike Third Reich, and it took concerted efforts of the three world's superpowers to stop it. I am not advocating that, of course. I am only saying you can never know what the future brings. And I believe in the spirit of White Europe. It has been through a lot before, it can handle this one too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies