Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2015, 05:58 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
I was referring to Bloomberg and Juliani both Republicans during the period where CEO's salaries went through the roof. Paul makes it sound like this never happens where Republicans are in charge, yeah right
Have you ever considered what it takes to get someone to live in N.Y.C.? You have to pay people, and N.Y.C. isn't cheap, either.

Another such city is L.A.. CEO's (and all other employees) make more in L.A. for the same reason - nobody wants to live in L.A.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 06:01 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
I'm in ny please bloomberg was a Republican even if he switched 3 times. He was in bed with wall Street to the extent he protected them during a ows protest where him and his pet goon sucked the police on them as well as the fbi in conjunction with jp Morgan and bank of America
The Democrat Party is "in bed" with Wall Street, in case you didn't know. Who are their big donors? This is why some say that Bernie Sanders could never win (and I agree), because he speaks out against all the big Democrat donors!

Old 11-11-2015, 06:02 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,386,268 times
Kasich does not have the balls to be president. I don't want a compassionite government. That is why the country is bankrupt. He does not understand how to effectively deport 11 million illegals. Just like rats, you cut off their food supply and the will be forced to look elsewhere. The solution is simple. Cut off all benefits and social services and they will SELF-DEPORT. It will cost the taxpayers ZERO. Those that resist and commit crimes to support themselves can be handled by ICE and local police.

Old 11-11-2015, 06:07 AM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Have you ever considered what it takes to get someone to live in N.Y.C.? You have to pay people, and N.Y.C. isn't cheap, either.

Another such city is L.A.. CEO's (and all other employees) make more in L.A. for the same reason - nobody wants to live in L.A.
Your reply is out of context, my post was in regards to Rand Paul's statement that CEO's who are receiving salaries 600 times the average worker is only happening in localities run by Democrats (or words to that effect). This has nothing to do with COL in NY.

Old 11-11-2015, 06:14 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Because Rubio is more of a Democrat than a GOP candidate.
That's rich coming from a Trump supporter.

Marco Rubio has a 98% lifetime rating from the American Conservative Union. He's vastly more of a GOP candidate than your candidate could ever be.

Old 11-11-2015, 06:17 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Where have you ever heard that? None have said that. But in my opinion, there should be no "minimum wage." The market should set wages. Lowering the minimum wage or getting rid of it altogether would create jobs for high school students after school, like we had when I was young. It was the "minimum wage" which caused those jobs to disappear.
It was union wage, benefits including pensions and payroll taxes, which became uncompetitive in a global market.

The market sets the wage in my neck of the woods. McDonalds has to offer $9.50-10/hr to attract high school kids and even then, jobs are unfilled. Other retail offers $10+/ hr and begs for people. Some offer sign on bonuses. It's the rare kid that lasts a month in one of these jobs. Easier to babysit for $10+/ hr when the kid wants to work as opposed to when an employer needs people to work.

Old 11-11-2015, 06:17 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
They are a bunch of thugs that just say what their base wants to hear but if elected they will just help the wealthy. And I'm including democratic candidates like Sanders. Does anyone actually believe these idiots are gonna help us? No they won't. They are hired by the wealthy to slave us. They tax us to death so they can use our money to fund useless wars and subsidize their businesses.

Obviously it's pretty absurd Cruz wants to get rid of most government agencies. "I will get rid of the IRS". He says. No he won't idiot. If you wanna collect taxes(which your wealthy bosses will want you to do), you need an agency to do so. Renaming the IRS is not getting rid of the IRS, just just calling Obamacare something else is not getting rid of it.

No president is gonna change the tax code. If the tax code gets changed by congress it will only be to benefit the wealthy 1%. No one is gonna bring jobs because jobs will go wherever labor is cheaper and where there are less regulations

Has anyone checked the pollution in China lately? How about the miserable wages? Do you wanna give up buying junk for $1-$10? Those that make a big deal about raising the minimum wage are the same people who want to bring "jobs" back but they never mention how cheap labor is in those countries. What will happen to our economy once we start paying people $2 an hour for a manufacturing job?

Old 11-11-2015, 06:19 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I agree..... that is weird....

Can you explain why you liked him, when there were candidates up there like Rubio who can actually talk about their policies in detail instead of just meaningless platitudes?
I think I liked him because he finally showed that he is one "of us" by focusing his fire on Hillary and Obama rather than other Republicans for a change.

His ideas aren't bad either. The guy knows what he's talking about when it comes to tax policy. I still believe Rubio is the best chance of beating Hillary, but Trump didn't completely alienate me last night like he has in the past.

Old 11-11-2015, 06:35 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
A family of 4 in the exact middle of the income spectrum paid an effective federal income tax rate of 5 .3%.

The same family would likely pay more under most of the flat tax proposals, sans common deductions.

Those proposing to eliminate payroll taxes are not clear about funding SS and Medicare for those enrolled and soon to be enrolled.

Old 11-11-2015, 06:37 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
“And that CNBC is how you run a debate,” RNC Chairman Reince Priebus tweeted afterward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies