Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2015, 10:14 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times

Advertisements

Yes, Kasich killed his chances by pointing out the crazy and nutbaggery of the other candidates on stage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 10:14 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Fiorina reminded me of a nagging mother or teacher. She was always lecturing with an underlying angry tone. That woman is a downer.
LOL, that's funny. Hillary reminds me of a ventriloquist doll

Old 11-11-2015, 10:17 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post

..... with JP Morgan's arm up her skirt.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:18 AM

4,081 posts, read 3,605,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Yes, Kasich killed his chances by pointing out the crazy and nutbaggery of the other candidates on stage.
Actually, on matters of banking, Ted Cruz sounded more Democratic than establishment Republican. Are you saying that you, too, would bail out Wall Street banks?

Old 11-11-2015, 10:20 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,095,938 times
Kasich is the popular governor of a swing state. Republicans better treat him with kid gloves.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:27 AM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Overall, I think the debate was as expected. I can't imagine polling being that different after last night.

However, with his interruptions and curious answers, John Kasich blew any chance he had to be picked for VP. Yes, he's running for President, but we all knew that was never going to happen (and after last night, it's a sure thing). However, his popularity in the state of Ohio made him an attractive VP candidate. His bad answers, which were panned universally across the party, tainted the well so to speak. Kasich is now a liability instead of an asset. Had he not interrupted so much, and had he explained his viewpoints better, he would have done much better last night and would not have killed his chances for the White House as Vice President.
Kasich may have felt his chances for the presidency were disappearing, and may have decided to steal some of the spotlight. He succeeded a little, when he called out Trump's nutty case for loading up 11 million illegals in some sort of convoy out of the country. But for the most part he didn't get much done. As you said, he never had much of a chance.

Rubio shined. Fiorina probably gained a little.
And I think Trump set himself back a little.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:31 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
..... with JP Morgan's arm up her skirt.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Kasich may have felt his chances for the presidency were disappearing, and may have decided to steal some of the spotlight. He succeeded a little, when he called out Trump's nutty case for loading up 11 million illegals in some sort of convoy out of the country. But for the most part he didn't get much done. As you said, he never had much of a chance.

Rubio shined. Fiorina probably gained a little.
And I think Trump set himself back a little.

Trump never said he would "round up" anyone. He said they would be deported. This can be done without lifting one finger. Cancel their benefits and prevent them from accessing public services or buying renting housing in the United States. They will leave.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:46 AM

4,081 posts, read 3,605,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Trump never said he would "round up" anyone. He said they would be deported. This can be done without lifting one finger. Cancel their benefits and prevent them from accessing public services or buying renting housing in the United States. They will leave.
If that is Trump's plan, I agree with it. However, he very clearly wants to round people up (right or wrong).

Given that Trump is a candidate for President of the United States, we shouldn't have to speculate about what Trump means when he says something. His vague statements, which he substitutes for actual policy, are ridiculous. He is simply a crap candidate.

Old 11-11-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
If that is Trump's plan, I agree with it. However, he very clearly wants to round people up (right or wrong).

Given that Trump is a candidate for President of the United States, we shouldn't have to speculate about what Trump means when he says something. His vague statements, which he substitutes for actual policy, are ridiculous. He is simply a crap candidate.
This is no less vague than phrases like "investing in the future" or other such dribble. Why paint yourself into corner with a detailed plan only to have to alter it once in office. I just care to know where the candidate stands philisophically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies