Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 10:53 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Birth control can fail, even tubal ligation.......you must have forgot that.

Even the most conscientious woman could find herself in need of an abortion.

I was unaware that you only supported abortion in cases where birth control failed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
nor do mares get raped, often by men in the family.

OK, so the 1% of abortions that are associated with rape are off limits.

What about the others?

Old 11-19-2015, 11:19 AM

18,382 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
OK, so the 1% of abortions that are associated with rape are off limits.

What about the others?
why is it anyone's business other than the woman who is having the abortion the reason? she does not have to justify it to anyone other than herself.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
why is it anyone's business other than the woman who is having the abortion the reason? she does not have to justify it to anyone other than herself.

Sounds like a great argument for exterminating Jews since they were deemed non-persons by a government body just like fetuses were.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:37 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Rubio's stance just serves to hi-lite what BS the Conservative mantra of less government interference in peoples' live truly is.

Considering Conservatives worship a man who both grew government and spent like a drunken sailor during his tenure I guess it should come as no surprise.
drunken sailor, oh the drama lol

Old 11-19-2015, 02:48 PM

15,964 posts, read 7,024,232 times
Quote:
Sounds like a great argument for exterminating Jews since they were deemed non-persons by a government body just like fetuses were.
An anti- Semitic statement couched in some kind of nonsense argument

Old 11-19-2015, 04:02 PM

18,382 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
the Jewish people were alive, born people not fetus dependent on an individual woman's womb. nice try though

Old 11-19-2015, 04:06 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
I expected that would happen sooner or later...

Old 11-19-2015, 06:48 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
I was unaware that you only supported abortion in cases where birth control failed.
I don't.

My post was in response to your assertion that women can ALWAYS prevent pregnancy just by using birth control......which is simply not true.

Old 11-19-2015, 06:55 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
I never said there were not risks to pregnancy. The reality is, there are more risks in abortion, more possible long term implications, than with pregnancy. As a pro-life advocate, I do accept that when the life of the mother in threatened, that her life should be the focus of saving, but those instances are VERY, VERY small. Yet, you use that as the key reason to advocate for the killing of a living being.

I believe that a woman should choose life first, that all women should be educated about the alternatives to killing their progeny. They should be made aware that there are support and advocacy groups for pregnant women and there are thousands of families that want to provide safe and loving homes to unwanted children. PP does not advocate for women when it comes to educating them on all their option. PP thinks that the only way to empower a woman is to encourage her decision to kill her child because they lead her to believe that is her ONLY option.

You cannot legislate compassion and morality, which is why abortion will always happen, regardless of legality or not. That will not stop me from advocating for life or supporting those clinics that advocate for life and seek to educate and support women who understand that abortion is the active taking of a human life and not a convenient way to avoid the consequences of their actions.
I couldn't have said it better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies