Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Reverse-Racism a Problem in the United States?
Yes, the ethnic majority (Caucasian) is experiencing racism. 69 75.00%
No, the ethnic majority is not experiencing racism. 23 25.00%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 06:30 PM

369 posts, read 374,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Slavery predates the US government and constitution. Colonies and states had the option to be a free state or slave state.

Ultimately the only ones responsible for slavery are the ones that directly dealt in slavery, 5% of the population at the time and all long dead.
You don't understand that something being encoded in the constitution makes it a governmental matter? Are you new at this?

Old 11-12-2015, 07:08 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lucas View Post
You don't understand that something being encoded in the constitution makes it a governmental matter? Are you new at this?
And you don't understand that leaving it up to the individual states to decide until 1808 makes it a state matter. Each and every state was free to not allow the importation of slaves.

The government allowing a private action which the slave trade was is not the same thing as requiring it.

Old 11-12-2015, 09:23 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
UHHH, why is it reverse??????

A non-Black living a Black run city like Detroitbabwe...probably has experienced plenty of
"reverse racism"......otherwise known as plain'ole racism.

Old 11-12-2015, 09:25 PM

35,066 posts, read 31,293,790 times
Absolutely - white America has been besieged for years for sins none of us were alive to commit.

Old 11-12-2015, 09:43 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
UHHH, why is it reverse??????

A non-Black living a Black run city like Detroitbabwe...probably has experienced plenty of
"reverse racism"......otherwise known as plain'ole racism.
Why would they live there then?

I wouldn't be stupid enough to live somewhere where people constantly treat me in a racist manner. Detroit's suburbs aren't expensive.

Old 11-12-2015, 09:44 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Absolutely - white America has been besieged for years for sins none of us were alive to commit.
Well at least you admit that sins were committed. That's a start.

Old 11-13-2015, 06:18 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Institutionalized or systemic racism against white males perhaps does not exist, but racism against white people does exist.

Any type of prejudice or discrimination towards any person based on their ethnicity or skin color is just blatant racism.

I've seen minority folks discriminate against my best friend Mike simply because he was a white male. I've seen people making snap judgments about his integrity simply because he was white. But at the same time, I've seen minority folks who were willing to help him out, taking care of his kid for him simply because he was a white male. Like they automatically trust him because he was white.

The only way to truly eradicate racism, is for people of all races to stop using their ethnicity as a crutch or an excuse, and work hard to make the best of whatever situation you find yourself in.

The only way we're going to get past the whole race thing is to stop listening to the race baiters, and the damn media that sensationalizes everything, learn to think for ourselves and actually base our judgements on each individual's character! I think you and I would agree, no?

Old 11-13-2015, 06:30 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
It's a very hard thing to recognize racism in oneself...

Old 11-13-2015, 08:13 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackParow View Post
"cracka white boys". - not a racial statement if your a liberal
LOL. I used to live in Georgia and was told (by white Georgians) that the term "cracker" was used by the upper class whites against lower class whites. Like how black people have done with the "N" word, many lower class (by class I mean income, not behavior) white Georgians started calling themselves that.

A very good associate my husband had was a nice, very country white guy from Georgia. He called himself "Cracker" and wanted me and my husband (who are black) to call him Cracker. I thought it was outrageous!! My husband was VERY hesitant to call him that due to the racial connotations of that term, but he insisted. When my husband lost his job Cracker let him come and do some construction work with him with his roofing/construction company. He was a really nice guy. He called his son "Little Cracker" lol.

I think both n*gger and cracker have negative connotations but some people don't take offense to either. FWIW, Cracker was by no means a "liberal."

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Honest question DD...
Is it "Black", "African American" or "Person of Color" ?
That last one is something I'm just hearing said lately.
Person of Color (PoC) can refer to black people and other non-white minorities in America, including Asians, Native Americans, and non-white Hispanics.

The other two of course refer exclusively to black people in America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
How old are you? There has been all sorts of "sins" committed by the government in relation to discriminatory practices (especially at the local level) that was condoned or encouraged in regards to racial issues in the 1970s and 1980s.

Old 11-13-2015, 08:28 AM

808 posts, read 1,678,839 times
I would love to suffer the kinds of reverse-racism white's get if they are willing to trade for the kind of regular racism everyone else gets.

For every dirty look and not offensive word thrown at me, I'll pass a law restricting their rights to vote, where they can work, where or if they can go to school, bar them from even being in certain places, all that fun stuff.

But no, I wouldn't do that because I wouldn't wish that kind of treatment on anyone. But I could just imagine how some of the white people on this board would deal with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies