Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Reverse-Racism a Problem in the United States?
Yes, the ethnic majority (Caucasian) is experiencing racism. 69 75.00%
No, the ethnic majority is not experiencing racism. 23 25.00%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 09:53 PM

371 posts, read 257,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kehinde93 View Post
And who defines the term. Is it concensus among the national population? So instead of going by European definitions for a European word made to name a European-Western Imperealist concept lets let history define it.

Now in terms of history when have whites been oppressed by blacks in the U.S.?

Lol why are you so mad that you dont have the free reign of white privelage your father and grandfather did? Whites dont have one iota of racial oppression put upon them by anyone. Stop crying and grow a pair.
This folks ^^ is a member of the professional victim class.Nothing is EVER their fault,or their parents or grandparents. Its WHITE PEOPLE'S fault for WORKING HARD....yep that's the truth.
People should be slapped. Hard. With a brick. In the face. That's a fact. Whaaaaaaaaaaaa my parents and grandparents were lazy and collected welfare whaaaaaa so its YOUR FAULT for WORKING......whaaaaa white privilege whaaaaaaaaaaa. Get over it.

My grandfather who put himself through college while serving his country in ww2 to become a civil engineer or my other grandfather who quit school in 8th grade but by time he died had retired from working 35 years in 1 company,raised 4 kids,acquired 35 acres of land he farmed and raised cattle and goats on.....yeah that damn white privilege...he quit school to provide for his family. Hint Hint sparky. WE AIN'T YOUR POCKET BOOK! If you fail its because YOU CHOSE TO. Same goes for your parents and grandparents. No white guilt here EVER in fact its completely the opposite. I LAUGH at people like you.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:53 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,605,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude5568 View Post
I think what is to blame is this incessant obsession with this stupid , outdated , moronic concept of " race " constructed in the slave plantations by a bunch of evil upper class anglos which has no place in a progressive society as 2015 America.

All I hear is race , race , race , racism , white people , black people ...bla blahblah...just stop this nonsense.

It is a like an open wound that nobody can stop scratching and so it will just not heal.
Very well put.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:00 PM

64 posts, read 32,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad14 View Post
This folks ^^ is a member of the professional victim class.Nothing is EVER their fault,or their parents or grandparents. Its WHITE PEOPLE'S fault for WORKING HARD....yep that's the truth.
People should be slapped. Hard. With a brick. In the face. That's a fact. Whaaaaaaaaaaaa my parents and grandparents were lazy and collected welfare whaaaaaa so its YOUR FAULT for WORKING......whaaaaa white privilege whaaaaaaaaaaa. Get over it.

My grandfather who put himself through college while serving his country in ww2 to become a civil engineer or my other grandfather who quit school in 8th grade but by time he died had retired from working 35 years in 1 company,raised 4 kids,acquired 35 acres of land he farmed and raised cattle and goats on.....yeah that damn white privilege...he quit school to provide for his family. Hint Hint sparky. WE AIN'T YOUR POCKET BOOK! If you fail its because YOU CHOSE TO. Same goes for your parents and grandparents. No white guilt here EVER in fact its completely the opposite. I LAUGH at people like you.
Lol this guy...

I bet one thing if you knew who the Negroes in America you'd change your mind about life real quick. Stay on your lil tirade its pretty amusing.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:01 PM

756 posts, read 424,698 times
Quote:
And who defines the term. Is it concensus among the national population? So instead of going by European definitions for a European word made to name a European-Western Imperealist concept lets let history define it.

First of all, yes, we are speaking English and thus using English words. They have meanings. That helps facilitate communication. If you can't express the meaning you intend to express, you don't get to change the definition of the word.

Second, racism is NOT strictly a European-Western-Imperialist concept. In all parts of the world there have been acts of racism.

Quote:
Now in terms of history when have whites been oppressed by blacks in the U.S.?
Easy one. Black on white hate crimes or killings motivated by racism.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:02 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad14 View Post

How very predictable. As soon as someone brings up white privilege, you counter with anecdotal economic stories. How many times has it been said, white privilege HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PERSONAL OR FAMILY ECONOMICS. NOTHING

Old 11-11-2015, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
First of all, yes, we are speaking English and thus using English words. They have meanings. That helps facilitate communication. If you can't express the meaning you intend to express, you don't get to change the definition of the word.

Second, racism is NOT strictly a European-Western-Imperialist concept. In all parts of the world there have been acts of racism.

That's not oppression of white people. When white people are less than half of the US population then you might have a point. This is nothing at all compared to South Africa. False equivalency

Old 11-11-2015, 10:06 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,372,422 times
Quote:
Wrong answer.
Sorry. Words have meanings and you are redefining the meaning of the word.

Racism.
Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

racism: definition of racism in Oxford dictionary (American English) (US)
Since when are Black people suggesting they are superior?? ..LOL..Doesn't "White Supremacy" aka KKK nomenclature ring a bell?? ALL minorities and that includes anyone deemed unworthy.. ala Hispanics..Asian, Middle Eastern ..are asking only to be treated equally under the law..nothing uppity or special..Just tired of being ridicules..targeted..You know "Hate Crimes" designation per the Legal System... Tons of examples of such targeting//killing has been documented for decades..children too..not just grown ups who feel empowered to denigrate another..cause they can or at least believe they can!! ..but actual elected officials, sworn oath of office folks including LE...so>

Bottomline
..History says it clearly.."Reverse Racism" is a coined phrase written to somehow deflect questions or when called out on systemic behaviours against minority people of brown or black skin!! White Supremacy ideation has no room for conciliatory behaviour..let alone take responsibility for their actions...It's always the other guy's fault!! It's almost laughable at this point in history IF it wasn't so SAD!!

Whining folks just wish they could blame the folks who have been under constant bullying..name calling and often targeted by LE for simply walking down the street...There's just too many documented examples to suggest it isn't a pattern of treatment when someone has control/powers.. & USE it ...

I did note the terrorist threat sent to Missou was by some 19 year old student..who behind his putter..thought it was a fun thing to threaten..cause lockdowns..sending student's away in fear..THAT's an act of terrorism..and it was NOT any Muslim, nor Black person either..It was some young buck brought up feeling entitled to bully, threaten those uppity black folks..I'll teach 'em mentality...

Ol' Hunter Park was not alone in the arresting of this terroristic threatening..another 19 year old also arrested..Conner Stottlemyre..
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...rrest-suspect-
yikyak-campus-threat-article-1.2430788

Quote:
Northwest Missouri State University student Connor Stottlemyre, 19, was arrested on suspicion of making a terrorist threat after he allegedly posted a threat on the anonymous social media app Yik *** that read "I'm going to shoot any black people tomorrow, so be ready," said university spokesman Mark Hornickel

Campus police were made aware of the threat by another student. The university issued a security alert to students and faculty at about 8:30 a.m. to inform them of the threat. Stottlemyre, of Blue Springs, Mo., was arrested at 11 a.m. at his dormitory on the Maryville campus.

In a separate incident, Hunter Park, of Lake St. Louis, Mo., was taken into custody around 1:50 a.m.Wednesday at a residence hall at the Missouri University of Science and Technology, in Rolla, Mo., where he is a student, the school said in a statement. Parks was taken into custody and transferred to the Boone County Jail in Columbia, where he was held on $4,500 bond.

No weapons were found during the investigation, the university said. Rolla is about 94 miles south of Columbia.

Last edited by Lyndarn; 11-11-2015 at 10:21 PM..

Old 11-11-2015, 10:06 PM

31,035 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Good luck with that. Your demoographic is literally dying off, and more whites are going against people like you, which I applaud and welcome them
You got it wrong, its people like you who give them a voice. The only white people that share your view would be Rachel Donzel. Read the dictionary dude, its not up to 70s Radicals to redefine The definition of the word racist

Old 11-11-2015, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
You got it wrong, its people like you who give them a voice. The only white people that share your view would be Rachel Donzel. Read the dictionary dude, its not up to 70s Radicals to redefine The definition of the word racist
Reducing racism to a dictionary word is a huge disservice to minorities in the US. Racism in the US doesn't exist in a vacuum like you assume it does. Words are not only involved, but power dynamics. THAT is the reason why racism by whites is a huge problem compared to racism by minorities

Old 11-11-2015, 10:09 PM

64 posts, read 32,161 times
Quote:

When was "race" invented and by who? No one before the 15th century ever heard of a race we were divided based on who we descended from.

You do know imperialism and colonialism go hand in hand, take that to mind when you wonder how racism was spread and who spreaded it.

Name a black on white hate crime equivelant to the destruction of Greenwood, Tulsa, Oklahoma. Name a crime equivelant to Julius Stinney and name one equivelant to the Government assassonation of MLK and Fred Hampton Sr. Since it's so easy I shouldn't have to wait long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies