Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 09:05 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,699,445 times

Advertisements

There is private loan's to cover the cost at public universities in what financial aid won't cover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 09:11 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
You should be picketing the colleges ya' bunch of ditzes. It's their exorbitant tuition costs that are causing this mess.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:14 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
You should be picketing the colleges ya' bunch of ditzes. It's their exorbitant tuition costs that are causing this mess.
Bingo!

Old 11-13-2015, 09:21 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You could say the same about K-12, yet everyone has access to K-12 public schools. We need to move beyond 12th grade to a college and vocational system that is also free in a sense like how K-12 public schools are.
My taxes pay for public school. Since my daughter attends parochial school, I demand a refund.

College is not a right.

Old 11-13-2015, 10:14 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Bingo!
I am ashamed to say that this little idiot goes to the same school that I went to, that being Northeastern University.

I was there twenty years ago and at that time the tuition was roughly 12,000/year. It is now 40,000/year and these pinheads think the answer is to picket the government for free tuition?

Old 11-13-2015, 10:22 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I am ashamed to say that this little idiot goes to the same school that I went to, that being Northeastern University.

I was there twenty years ago and at that time the tuition was roughly 12,000/year. It is now 40,000/year and these pinheads think the answer is to picket the government for free tuition?
The left never seem to see what the source of a problem is.
They never go to solve the problem..just ask for bigger and bigger bandaids.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:10 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Tuition for public schools is disguised as property tax dollars. In my state.

It costs more to "educate" a public school kid per year in my town than it costs any local k-8 or 9-12 Catholic private schools or Montessori in the entire state.

Closer to $20K than $19K.

But it gets better….

I have a sibling who sends his 3 kids to a different private school than I send mine to. Logistics.

Tuition per child at that particular private school where he sends his children is averaged out to around $35K per year (after fees are included - not text books). Mine is a little higher. Logistics.

With an income of $350K plus a little? He qualifies for "financial aid".

He spends less to educate his kids in an outstanding and well-known private school than his local public school system spends per child….

Go figure.

If the public schools weren't so broken and beholden to unions and government BS? Maybe they'd be better.

Why not take a lesson from the private schools?
So basically you are advocating for education to be only for those that can afford it and no one else. I will ALWAYS disagree with this mentality. Education should never be just for the elite.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:12 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
We didn't only do that for Wall Street. It was also done for Main Street America (American workers and retirees have $24.7 trillion invested in their pension plans and retirement accounts), and homeowners (the Federal Reserve owns about $2 trillion in GSE MBS, paid for by creating more money and adding that creation to the national debt).
Again, we have done this over and over.......you will do everything in your power to defend the welfare you benefit from but demean others when they want theirs.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:12 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i disagree, college should not be treated like k-12. k-12 is considered primary education, and the tuition as noted is disguised as property taxes.

college on the other hand is a completely different animal, and not everyone can or should go to college. that doesnt mean that college cant be made affordable though. there are things that can be done to make college more affordable for those that want to go, and should go. eliminate the government student loan program and put it back in the private sector. get the damn government out of education.

encourage businesses to expand the scholarship programs. let businesses find promising students, and have them pay for the students education, in return for the student working for the business for a period of time to be determined by contract. for instance the business could say pay for a bachelors degree in a particular field, then the student would work for the business for say 6 years. after that they can part ways or not.
I never said college was for everyone, if you want to reread my post you are commenting on, you would see that. Key word for you to look for is "vocational."

Old 11-13-2015, 11:15 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Million Student March - because it should be free!
300 million taxpayers respond "F YOU!" nothings free
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies