Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 02:30 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times

Advertisements

Well known liberal attorney Alan Dershowitz weighs in with some accurate and insightful observations (video at the link):
Quote:
Alan Dershowitz on College Protests: "Fog Of Fascism Is Descending," "These Students Are Book-Burners"

ALAN DERSHOWITZ: These are the same people who claim they are seeking diversity. The last thing these students want is real diversity, diversity of ideas. They may want superficial diversity, diversity of gender, diversit of color, but they do not want diversity of ideas.

We are seeing a curtain of McCarthyism descend over many college campuses I don't want to make analogies to the 1930s, but it was the college students who first started burning books during the Nazi regime. These students are book burners...

By expressing my opinion, I am "harassing students." This is becoming a very serious problem not only in American universities, but around the world. It is having a terrible impact on the education of students...

It is the worst kind of hypocrisy. They want complete control over their personal lives, over their sex lives, over the use of drugs, but they want mommy and daddy dean to please give them a safe place, to protect them from ideas that maybe are insensitive, maybe will make them think...

When I spoke at Johns Hopkins University, the same students who were talking about a 'safe space,' painted a Hitler mustache on my posters, it is an absolute double standard.

It is free speech for me, but not for thee. Universities should not tolerate this kind of hypocrisy, double standard…

If you’re going to be a college administrator or a professor, if you have tenure, you have to speak back to the students, you have to call these things what they are: double standards, hypocrisy, bigotry, McCarthyism, and the fog of fascism is descending quickly over many American universities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 02:58 PM

45,579 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Rollin' on...

UMN student govt: 9/11 remembrance would violate our safe space

On Tuesday, November 10, the Minnesota Student Association (MSA)–the undergraduate student government at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (UMN)– rejected a resolution for a moment of recognition on future anniversaries of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

At-large MSA representative and Director of Diversity and Inclusion David Algadi voiced severe criticism of the resolution. He also made sure to emphasize 9/11’s status as a national tragedy in his response.

“The passing of this resolution might make a space that is unsafe for students on campus even more unsafe,” said Algadi, “Islamophobia and racism fueled through that are alive and well.”

Algadi added that holding a moment of recognition over a tragedy committed by non-white perpetrators could increase racist attitudes on campus, asking, “When will we start having moments of silence for all of the times white folks have done something terrible?”

This is not a protest, but it is in the same theme here.

Old 11-13-2015, 05:27 PM

410 posts, read 491,822 times
Quote:
At-large MSA representative and Director of Diversity and Inclusion David Algadi voiced severe criticism of the resolution. He also made sure to emphasize 9/11’s status as a national tragedy in his response.

This could be him.

https://plus.google.com/101275477748131761068/posts

Old 11-13-2015, 05:50 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,893,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
kinda make ya feel for the large numbers of normal students who have to live in this hotbed of hair-trigger lunacy

It reminds me of "Lord of the Flies" or "Animal Farm".

Those kids are a product of not being raised by parents but by those on the street. Where else does one learn of such anarchy?
How about the school expels them and doesn't reimburse tuitions? They surrendered those when they decided to usurp the authority of the school. School is a waste of time for them as it is if this is how they wish to conduct themselves. Go live in mom's basement until you figure it all out.

Red, white black or yellow...it doesn't matter. Turn the hoses on them.

Old 11-13-2015, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSunshineKid View Post

Just curious...

Any reason you posted the kid's FB page? You could endanger him.

Old 11-13-2015, 06:27 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSunshineKid View Post
I was in a conversation with another where I said Yale is overwhelmingly liberal. He said that was a generalization. I said it was an accurate generalization. He then said I needed evidence to back my sweeping claims. I then shows him a survey taken by over 800 Yale freshmen which showed that over 60% had "very liberal" or "liberal" politics; only about 12% said they had "conservative" views. I noted that it was just the freshman class, so it was incomplete and that not all freshman participated in the survey, but it was still something to think about. He then said the survey was BS and questioned the word "liberal" and proceeded talk about fallacies and the art of argument. (These types - these fallacy listers - are pretty alike, and I say that by just intuition and by experience.)

It's also telling that anyone would dismiss these recent events as NOT a sign of what's being taught to the students.
Agreed-

Liberals dismiss any factual information which dispels thier political agenda- they are a radicalized cult, much like the Nazis.

A rational being might be able to process factual information and re-evalute thier views, but cult members cannot.

Liberalism is a blind, reckless, and dangerous element in the US which refutes facts and rationalism in favor of blind emotional faith for thier cult.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Agreed-

Liberals dismiss any factual information which dispels thier political agenda- they are a radicalized cult, much like the Nazis.

A rational being might be able to process factual information and re-evalute thier views, but cult members cannot.

Liberalism is a blind, reckless, and dangerous element in the US which refutes facts and rationalism in favor of blind emotional faith for thier cult.

Get into a discargument[what it amounts to] with a liberal...irrational and emotional goop is what you get. A drunken female liberal recruit is insane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies