Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 11:01 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,858,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
NPR has always had a liberal slant.

However, lately it has become more and more.

Here is what I have heard in hours and hours of listening lately:

-Suggested that the attacks in Paris could possibly be someone who opposes the Green Summit in Paris in a month. Attempt to pin it on Exxon Republicans???

-Never suggested that the attacks could be Muslim terrorists, left it up for a guest expert to suggest it as a 'possibility.'

-Said that Iran tolerates diversity including gay Jewish men, as long as they don't openly show that they are gay and Jewish, hence they don't actually tolerate gay Jews. More BS PC Liberalism lies to pretend Iran is tolerant when they clearly aren't.

-Used harsh words for a town in Mississippi that banned a gay bar from opening in its borders (which I agree with NPR on), but ignores Iran killing gays and pretends that Iran tolerates such things.

-Has pointed out several times that Fiorina is the "only woman" running for the GOP. Has never pointed out that Hillary is the only woman running for the Democrats.

-Has pointed out a few times that "most" Republicans candidates are white. Has never pointed out that ALL Democrat candidates are white.

-Refused to use the words terrorist attack today, although did play an audio of Obama using the word and a guest used the word.

-etc...
I throw up in my mouth whenever I hear them though they do play good classical music.
My artsy sister is always asking if I heard about something Terry Gross prattled on about.
I constantly remind her she doesn't cut into my Rush or Levin time. Savage!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 11:16 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,023,461 times
Quote:
Suggested that the attacks in Paris could possibly be someone who opposes the Green Summit in Paris in a month. Attempt to pin it on Exxon Republicans???
What terrible, inaccurate and embarrassing "reporting."

Old 11-14-2015, 01:50 AM

21,026 posts, read 19,483,733 times
And our tax dollars pay for it.

Old 11-14-2015, 02:10 AM

30,183 posts, read 23,594,192 times
"Become"? Try: "has been for a long time".

Old 11-14-2015, 04:16 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,662,810 times
Quote:
NPR has always had a liberal slant.

However, lately it has become more and more.
The list is much more extensive than that. They go out of their way to bash conservatives. They rarely interview people who have dissenting views.

Recently they were making fun of George Bush saying that Laura put something for him in her book and that he would never find it because he doesn't read books. The NPR idiots don't know that GWB is a prolific book reader.

It's often quite subtle, but it's constant.

Old 11-14-2015, 06:25 PM

22,619 posts, read 24,436,315 times
NPR has always been a biased source for "reporting" of any kind.

Old 11-14-2015, 11:02 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,417,053 times
NPR is no more biased than FOX news. Heck, I'll go on record and say it is less biased than FOX News. At least NPR doesn't try to pawn off out and out lies as the truth. They give coverage to issues that you will never hear about from conservative media, that's for sure.

And you got the quote wrong, so if you're going to criticize them at least listen/read what they actually said. Here is the quote: "You know, you feel bad for the guy. He's a genial guy. He's a nice guy. He's got 300 years of WASP history that have taught him to be just kind and not angry." "NPR" didn't say that, David Brooks said that while being interviewed. Does that mean what he says is automatically the veiwpoint of everyone on NPR?

And he didn't say Jeb is a WASP (though he converted to Catholicism, he wasn't raised Catholic, so yes he does have a WASP background), he said he's got WASP history, which is true.

I think your own bias, and the bias of many posters is showing.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:39 AM

26,294 posts, read 14,897,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
NPR is no more biased than FOX news. Heck, I'll go on record and say it is less biased than FOX News. At least NPR doesn't try to pawn off out and out lies as the truth. They give coverage to issues that you will never hear about from conservative media, that's for sure.
Of course FoxNews is biased. My tax money doesn't fund FoxNews.

NPR does out and out lie. Saying that Iran is tolerant and giving the impression that it is open to gay Jews is a lie. It is a BS PC Liberal lie to avoid offending sensitivities. You know as well as I do, as well as NPR does, that if a guy walked around Tehran with a shirt that said "I am a gay Jew" he'd be very lucky to come out alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
And you got the quote wrong, so if you're going to criticize them at least listen/read what they actually said. Here is the quote: "You know, you feel bad for the guy. He's a genial guy. He's a nice guy. He's got 300 years of WASP history that have taught him to be just kind and not angry."
You are so tone deaf to bias the point goes right over your head. NPR's contributors are constantly pointing out how Republicans are WASP, white, male, etc.... They are constantly pointing out how Fiorina is the republicans only women. They pointed out how most republican candidates are whites.

They have built a narrative they can't break. They NEVER point out that Hillary is a WASP (more so than Jeb). They NEVER point out that Hillary is the DNC's only female candidate. They NEVER point out that all Democrat candidates are white this year.

It is a part of their narrative.

They constantly ignore good conservative points and then build a narrative against them.

Old 11-15-2015, 03:21 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,417,053 times
Quote:
Of course FoxNews is biased. My tax money doesn't fund FoxNews.

NPR does out and out lie. Saying that Iran is tolerant and giving the impression that it is open to gay Jews is a lie. It is a BS PC Liberal lie to avoid offending sensitivities. You know as well as I do, as well as NPR does, that if a guy walked around Tehran with a shirt that said "I am a gay Jew" he'd be very lucky to come out alive.

You are so tone deaf to bias the point goes right over your head. NPR's contributors are constantly pointing out how Republicans are WASP, white, male, etc.... They are constantly pointing out how Fiorina is the republicans only women. They pointed out how most republican candidates are whites.

They have built a narrative they can't break. They NEVER point out that Hillary is a WASP (more so than Jeb). They NEVER point out that Hillary is the DNC's only female candidate. They NEVER point out that all Democrat candidates are white this year.

It is a part of their narrative.

They constantly ignore good conservative points and then build a narrative against them.
You provided zero sources for the examples you mentioned in your first post.

And how would you know what they NEVER do if you don't listen to NPR? Hmmmm.....

Old 11-15-2015, 03:31 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,688,132 times
It has been a long time, I listen with a filter on. I also told my husband to only listen out for facts and not the comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies