Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Obama and Hillary?
YES, we should accept 185,000 or more of these Syrian Refugees 23 9.20%
NO, we should not accept this many if any at all. 227 90.80%
Voters: 250. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 08:02 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,590,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
You're talking about labor movement across the EU versus taking on a large amount of refugees, many of whom lack the necessary job skills and education. In Sweden, data has shown that after 7 years, the employment rate among immigrants is about 54%. That means they are bringing in a ton of people that are drawing benefits, but are not maintaining regular employment. What is the upside in that for other nations. With jobs already scarce in Poland, what would they do with thousands of mostly male migrants that don't speak the language and would likely attempt to cross into Germany at the first opportunity.

The Poles decided that they don't want to deal with the headaches, I expect other nations(besides those who already have done the same), to join them in the future.
Yes,Ireland and the UK complainined about the invasion of eastern european workers,one of the reasons UK PM was threatening to leave the UE.

That's is Sweden fault,1st they volonteer to take refugees,then if you do,train them,educate them and let me got jobs,btw they're not complaining about it,since the arrival of refugees,Sweden has seen its population and economy growing.

Poland is not a good place for refugees anyway,Polish people are fleeing Poland,there are no good jobs, no opportunities,some European countries are already complaining about Polish emigration.

Some Eastern European countries want make some publicity about their countries,no refugees will settle there,there is no jobs ,nothing some are even poorer than some ME countries !!

Old 11-14-2015, 08:08 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,590,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Maybe Poland don't wanna play THAT game and I DON'T blame that country.

Too; the Islamist attack in Paris last night was a game changer and, probably ALL of Europe will start locking up at least Muslim refugees on sight. THEN their chances of getting asylum can be checked out will still under lock and key.
Nobody is blaming Poland,other Western European countries (Italy,France,Germany,Sweden,Norway,Grece) are taking the balk of the flux,if Poland doesn't want to share the refugee burden and get only the benefits from the EU than this may cause a serious problem to the other member of the Union.

It doesn't matter, Paris was not the only place attacked and it's not going to be the last one,so the issue is somewhere else,the Polish are showing their real intention,not duties or obligations for them,just profiting from the UE.

They already gave themselves a bad reputation in the eyes of other EU members

Old 11-14-2015, 08:10 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,984,285 times
Ill put this right here... I think this man speaks for the population of poland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtTbKVLff2c

Old 11-14-2015, 08:23 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
Nobody is blaming Poland,other Western European countries (Italy,France,Germany,Sweden,Norway,Grece) are taking the balk of the flux,if Poland doesn't want to share the refugee burden and get only the benefits from the EU than this may cause a serious problem to the other member of the Union.

It doesn't matter, Paris was not the only place attacked and it's not going to be the last one,so the issue is somewhere else,the Polish are showing their real intention,not duties or obligations for them,just profiting from the UE.

They already gave themselves a bad reputation in the eyes of other EU members
Uh; if talking about Muslims; less and less people care what happens to their kind, especially young dudes of fighting age. IMHO they ALL need to be locked up THEN have the asylum requests looked it. None of this release in Europe till their cases are heard garbage.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:04 PM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
If 0.01% of the 185,000 that Obama is letting in from the Middle East are from ISIS - that would only be 18.5 ISIS soldiers. That really isn't that bad, it could be worse. Consider that it was, what 7 ISIS attackers in Paris that killed 129, critically wounded 97, and injured another ~100.

I agree with Obama and Hillary - bring them all here. We can take this chance.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:10 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
19 thousand Jihadist attacks world wide since 9.11, that spells no!! in me book

Old 11-14-2015, 09:11 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
If 0.01% of the 185,000 that Obama is letting in from the Middle East are from ISIS - that would only be 18.5 ISIS soldiers. That really isn't that bad, it could be worse. Consider that it was, what 7 ISIS attackers in Paris that killed 129, critically wounded 97, and injured another ~100.

I agree with Obama and Hillary - bring them all here. We can take this chance.
Thats easy to say if you don't live in a city like New York or DC which would be prime targets. The question is why should we take them? I mean we have 150,000 homeless vets that we actually owe something to. We have hundreds of thousands of homeless citizens of our own. We have demonstrated an inability to care for them. 185,000 refugees who most likely will be on the welfare rolls. Better to spend that money on our own.
I think what has happened in France is a pretty good indicator of what we are going to be dealing with. We are not talking about peaceful Buddhists fleeing Burma or communist Vietnam. We are talking about Middle Eastern Muslims who have a demonstrated behavior of violence against non-muslims.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:32 PM

7,498 posts, read 5,745,535 times
Here's to the moonbats that say it will never happen here:

Anxiety grows over ISIL recruits in U.S.

I say, throw them all out and let's take back our sovereignty.

Once every American citizen is working they can apply for and pay for their citizenship as everyone else has.

Old 11-14-2015, 10:24 PM

1,676 posts, read 944,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Here in the US, people of Arab family ARE "white". Period. A friend of mine who's mostly Arab ID's as "anglo white" so maybe you need to tell her she ain't. Tho she'll whip out her Rebel flag real fast.

Latino ain't a race; you're probably thinking "Mestizo" which MOST Mexicans are. Argentina's mostly of the "white" race" and Dominicans are usually "Black". But ALL are "Hispanic".
I'm part North African, and I know many Middle Easterners. None of them identified as "White". Most put "Other" or "Two or More Races" on their census, while some others checked "Asian" or "Black/African-American", depending on where in the MENA region they came from. Besides, in 2020 they are testing a new MENA census category. Almost nobody recognizes Middle Easterners as "White".

And there's a difference between Latino and Hispanic. Latino commonly refers to Mestizos or Mulattos (or any combo of the above). Hispanic is Spanish-speaking peoples, whether the Whites of Spain (or of Argentina, mostly), the Blacks of the Dominican Republic, or the Mestizos of Mexico. It excludes Brazilians, whereas they are included in the Latino category.

Old 11-14-2015, 10:32 PM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
In my neck of the woods illegal Polish people are very common. Most arrive on tourist visas, work the trades, return home with their pay, rinse and repeat.
How is it that is even allowed?

Is your neck of the woods that short of people wanting to go into the trades?

Is it a so-called "Sanctuary City"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies