Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2015, 08:50 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,505,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
Which isn't what you said earlier.
You're right, because we were talking about our most recent issues in the middle east, which have mostly been a result of policy in the Bush 2 and Obama years. If you want to talk back to Carter, thats a whole other thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 08:50 AM

56,989 posts, read 35,116,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
It is our problem too.

#1 Obreezey is bringing in 185,000 Syrians with ISIS trying to infiltrate the numbers, but Obama will ask them questions to see if they are terrorists - so no worries. Hillary supports this policy. Our Muslim population is growing even without this.

#2 French citizens can freely travel here. They are our ally.
Ally. Ummm...no.

When we got hit on 9/11 and wanted to gallivant all over the world looking for terrorists, the French told Bush to get bent...they weren't joining our stupid "coalition of the willing."

See, some of us have better memories than others. This is France's problem. Not one American should die trying to retaliate for what happened in France.

Sorry...it's THEIR turn to chase ghosts all over the Middle East.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
It may soon be our problem. They've hit France, I wonder where they will hit next.
If it ain't here, it ain't my concern.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
You are wrong. This is ALL OF OUR problem. Even if it were only happening in France it would be ALL OF OUR problem. France needs our support and our prayers.
If by "support" you mean telling them "there are the terrorists...go get 'em and Godspeed," then yeah, they have my support.

But if by "support" you mean "let's take the fight to the terrorists with American soldiers"....ehhhh...NOPE!

As for our prayers, well...I won't waste my time doing that. God could've stopped the terror attack (supposedly) but decided not to I guess. So I'll leave it at that.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:51 AM

756 posts, read 423,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
Again, read some of the comments in the forum. It's not that hard to find.
You made the accusation, you can back it up...

"But to say they somehow encouraged ISIS to blow up a concert venue in Paris is quite absurd."

So where was this said exactly, other than by you?

Old 11-14-2015, 08:52 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times
Quote:
You're right, because we were talking about our most recent issues in the middle east, which have mostly been a result of policy in the Bush 2 and Obama years. If you want to talk back to Carter, thats a whole other thread.
The boogieman in the ME goes back to the 70's.
They just change names over the years.

All the result of western countries using the radicalized "rebels" to destabalize countries for us.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:53 AM

189 posts, read 152,798 times
Quote:
have you not been reading the reactionaries in this forum?

you can't even agree amongst yourselves.

solid argument.

The most recent issues we have been dealing with, yes, started with Bush and continue with Obama. Thats not to say it didn't happen in the past.

See above.

Again, read some of the comments in the forum. It's not that hard to find.

another liberal Islamic sympathizer , who wants to point fingers at everybody else.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:55 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,419,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Those who are attacking liberals now are like angry school children looking for a quick fix--someone to blame and attack. They might take a more thoughtful perspective, look back at the history and see that the seeds of ISIS were planted with the Iraq invasion, but that seems to be asking too much of them.
The seeds of ISIS were planted by a dude named Mohammed about 1300 years ago.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:56 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,215,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
A lot of liberals went along with Bush.

Just ask the Clintons, John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and other Dem leaders who got the inside track on intelligence (plus Bill had been President within the last couple of years.)
Obama didn't.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:56 AM

401 posts, read 286,518 times
We invaded Iraq, killed Saddam, and told all his Sunni soldiers that they werent needed any longer and should just go home, and they did, and then they started ISIS in large part due to BushII installing a Shia government in Iraq and the Shias immediately started abusing the Sunni minority. The ISIS guys are made and fight without rules or remorse, they really, REALLY believe in their religion unlike any Western Christian who just goes along to be part of the crowd.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:57 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,505,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
It's amazing how these terrorists are successfully attacking many of the most powerful countries in the world, and they just do nothing about it. It doesn't matter what weapons we have because liberal tolerance will continue to let them run amok. We can't have national security if it means someone's feelings might get hurt.

So is this what you wanted, liberals? All these deaths in France. All these crime waves hitting countries that let the "migrants" in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Of course this is what they wanted. Their only primary reason for existence is for ultimate control. Anything that threatens the growth of Christianity is the game plan because they know that's the one thing they need to eradicate to gain control. They allowed illegal immigrants with completely different cultures and religions to come into European culture and completely rape the traditions and morals they have. They are raving wolves in sheep's clothing and this is the last we'll be seeing of their reign for a LONG time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Liberals and Islamic Jihadists share the same rhetoric; the West is evil and it deserves everything that is coming to it.

Add to this Liberals like to make false equivalency comparisons of Islam with all other religions, essentially giving Islam a free pass to continue its oppression and terrorism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Liberals love terrorists because they kill white people.
How are these posts not equating Liberals and ISIS (Islamic Jihadists)? There is a thread entitled "Time for Crusades 2.0?". THIS THREAD is titled "LIBERAL TOLERANCE, THE MOST DANGEROUS WEAPON DISCOVERED BY TERRORISTS". Again, somehow assuming liberal tolerance is why terrorists are committing these acts.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:58 AM

21,426 posts, read 10,507,691 times
Quote:
No...you must have missed when the Conservative Darling Trump got a round of applause when he said he wanted to boycott starbucks. It was very much a Conservative issue, many progressives just think it was humorous. Who says I think the dean should have lost his job? I don't agree with these students at all. Lots of Progressives don't agree with them, including myself.
Yes, I did miss what Trump said, and I could care less. All I know is that I know a lot of conservatives, many of them the most conservative of Christians even, and not one of them gives a fig what Starbucks puts on their cups. Like you said, it's just something that the other side can jump on and beat to death so they get their own supporters riled up against the other side.

I know a lot of progressives are against what the students are doing on campuses now because they're finally seeing it happen to people who agree with their own ideology. If that college president was a conservative, I'm sure everyone would think his forced resignation was justified. The other reason is that most adults aren't stupid and realize that we can't just fire people for not doing "enough" against supposed racist incidents that no one even knows who the culprits are. What is "enough", and who gets to decide? Also, most adults know that you can't stop people from hating you or saying mean things. All you can do is stop them from preventing you from getting a job or an education because of your race.

There is a difference between discrimination and being racist. One is already against the law, and the other is protected by the First Amendment. You can't control what other people feel or think, even if they say it aloud. It only becomes an issue when that person refuses service to you because of your race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies