Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 07:24 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,187 times

Advertisements

North American Union that includes Mexico won't work. They are far behind us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 07:43 PM

478 posts, read 959,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
The Council on Foreign Relations is just a public policy organization, or think tank type of set up, without much in the way of secrets. I've even helped a little on research information in the past, the review and validation process is quite stringent (thankfully) which helps explain why they have such high credibility in public discussions. The leadership and staffing is hardly a secret, and the process to join quite public:

Frequently Asked Questions - Council on Foreign Relations
Board of Directors - Council on Foreign Relations
International Advisory Board - Council on Foreign Relations
Staff - Council on Foreign Relations

I quite enjoy reading their many publications, and find them insightful and informative. I am mystified as to why so many folks find this organization so frightening, they have a wealth of public information and are more than willing to look into many interesting areas. Many ideas go nowhere, but you do get some gems in the process:

By Publication Type - Council on Foreign Relations
Interesting... you think this way. I firmly believe there is much, much... more to this organization and its influences. And why would Dick Cheney try to conceal the fact that he was a member of this organization ... as he admits to here:

YouTube - Dick Cheney ex-director of CFR talks to David Rockefeller

Old 02-02-2008, 08:31 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,216,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshires413 View Post
Interesting... you think this way. I firmly believe there is much, much... more to this organization and its influences. And why would Dick Cheney try to conceal the fact that he was a member of this organization ... as he admits to here:

YouTube - Dick Cheney ex-director of CFR talks to David Rockefeller
You have any CFR reports dictating the end of the USA? I read their stuff quite a bit, and haven't seen this mentioned nor advocated. They are a group that focuses on optimizing foreign relations, which is an area many of us find to be of interest (and not to the USA's detriment).

Cheney probably wouldn't discuss CFR in Wyoming because of the many folks who believe in shadow governments, and no information to the contrary would ever change their minds. If he were running in New York, Maryland or Virginia he could openly discuss it and use it as part of the reason folks should consider supporting him.

Seems pretty simple to me, and not anything different than all candidates do who run their races.

Last edited by NewToCA; 02-02-2008 at 08:41 PM..

Old 02-02-2008, 08:53 PM

478 posts, read 959,650 times
Quote:
You have any CFR reports dictating the end of the USA? I read their stuff quite a bit, and haven't seen this mentioned nor advocated. They are a group that focuses on optimizing foreign relations, which is an area many of find to be of interest (and not to the USA's detriment).

Cheney probably wouldn't discuss CFR in Wyoming because of the many folks who believe in shadow governments, and no information to the contrary would ever change their minds. If he were running in New York, Maryland or Virginia he could openly discuss it and use it as part of the reason folks should consider supporting him.

Seems pretty simple to me, and not anything different than all candidates do who run their races.

That is a weak argument... that he wouldn't mention it... because people in Wyoming are "Conspiracy Theorists".

You can dance around this topic all you want, but there is something very wrong with what is going in America. People know that their "leaders" are bullsh*tting them... and it's quite obvious that we, the people of this country, are not in charge of our own destiny anymore. Maybe that has always been true to one extent or another, but the whole process has seemingly been put into overdrive over the past several years.

Just look at this ridiculous war on "Terror"... how stupid does one have to be not to see... that you cannot have such a thing... while your borders are being blown wide open?

On Monday, when I go get a cup of coffee in the morning, and my local convienence store is filled with 20-30 illegal Mexicans on their way to working in the construction around here... I'll ponder this thought just a bit more...

Old 02-02-2008, 08:58 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times
I think the precursor to the New World Order was when man discovered how to manipulate and use fire, live in large collectives such as cities and began using belief structures to explain things he didn't understand.

So the NAU is far from the beginning.

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 02-02-2008 at 10:09 PM..

Old 02-02-2008, 09:31 PM

309 posts, read 365,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshires413 View Post
That is a weak argument... that he wouldn't mention it... because people in Wyoming are "Conspiracy Theorists".

You can dance around this topic all you want, but there is something very wrong with what is going in America. People know that their "leaders" are bullsh*tting them... and it's quite obvious that we, the people of this country, are not in charge of our own destiny anymore. Maybe that has always been true to one extent or another, but the whole process has seemingly been put into overdrive over the past several years.

Just look at this ridiculous war on "Terror"... how stupid does one have to be not to see... that you cannot have such a thing... while your borders are being blown wide open?

On Monday, when I go get a cup of coffee in the morning, and my local convienence store is filled with 20-30 illegal Mexicans on their way to working in the construction around here... I'll ponder this thought just a bit more...
I agree and feel the same way to a degree.

But, regarding the NAU and prospects that it is part of a "Grand Scheme" for a One World Government and one currency and a very REAL possibility. Its quite likely there are so many things the American people don't know or would be ready for a mass exodus out now......if they did.

It almost seems as though our debt to China is so great and being that they are a force to contend with from a military viewpoint (WMD)......and backed by the former Soviet Empire with deep seeded roots in Communism, atheism, Karl Marx, Stalin, etc. etc......is it NOT possible that China is basically holding a gun to Uncle Sam's head these days?
Is there military strong enough or in sheer numbers the biggest threat along with their nuclear capabilities?

Is their attitude one of......THEIR desire, their influence and POWER along with the EU and UAE......to either "go along" with what THEY envision or wish for America to do......or else?..................OR:
WW3?...........Let's just start throwing nukes back and forth at each other and get it all over with in a few days?
Makes me wonder.

I TRY not to feel paranoid, but I never thought being perceptive was so bad.
It's a very fine line.....between the two.
OR, is this such a wonderful idea for our leaders to promote open borders with trade, one NA currency (Amero).......all the while we supposedly NEED to "seal" our borders to prevent terrorists and more illegals from entering?
Seems very contradictory and counterproductive to me!

Not to mention.........a HUGE WASTE to the taxpayers for little or no gain......actually.....a major LOSS to the individual citizens of America!
Throw in this VCHIP monitoring or idea of being tracked everywhere and the very real prospects of what COULD become a reality just to exist or be able to BUY any goods or services or NOT.......

If your not implanted with such a piece of crap technology..............SCARY!
Sounds familiar and VERY possible.

Old 02-02-2008, 09:34 PM

Instead of speculating about New World Order and NAU with a single currency, why not read the actual analysis and report, along with an analysis of all of the pro's and con's:

Regional Monetary Integration - Council on Foreign Relations

Discussing ideas is what Think Tanks are all about, why aren't you concerned about Heritage, Brookings and Hoover?

Old 02-02-2008, 09:42 PM

1,928 posts, read 5,166,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
North American Union that includes Mexico won't work. They are far behind us.
The goal is to drag us down to their level. In a one world government, the average middle class American will definitely see his standard of living reduced dramatically. The goal will be to roughly equalize standards of living throughout the world. Guess which way we have to go to realize that goal. Ah, but the rich everywhere in this world will do just fine.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter73 View Post
The goal is to drag us down to their level. In a one world government, the average middle class American will definitely see his standard of living reduced dramatically. The goal will be to roughly equalize standards of living throughout the world. Guess which way we have to go to realize that goal. Ah, but the rich everywhere in this world will do just fine.
Nah, elevating other groups standard of living isn't to our detriment. Generally makes for a bit of a safer international environment.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:37 PM

1,928 posts, read 5,166,287 times
Quote:
Nah, elevating other groups standard of living isn't to our detriment. Generally makes for a bit of a safer international environment.
True, it will elevate their standard of living, but to our detriment. I don't want my standard of living to be somewhere between where mine is now and where their's is now. I want it to stay right where it's at or get better. It's not my responsibility or obligation to raise their standard of living. I don't owe them anything, nor do they owe me anything. Good fences make good neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies