Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Democrats: Do You Still Believe Obama Concerning ISIS Being Contained?
Yes, I still believe him. 10 18.87%
No, I do not believe him. 43 81.13%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 09:50 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,093,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
It's right to challenge the guy who is in charge today and has been for the last 6.5 years.
Bush was in the white house for 911 and he owns it, even tho much of what allowed it to happen was a direct result of Clintons Admin.
Obama is claiming to have ISIS contained when it isn't. ISIS became what they are on Obama's watch. He's the Prez so he gets the credit. You can't have it both ways. He gets credit for success but is allowed to pass the buck for failures? Lydia and Syria are both serious failures. He got more of our soldiers killed in his first 4 years than Bush did in 7. He owns these failures.
Context is always important but the buck stops with Obama. 15 years of failure in the Middle East has produced there results.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:51 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,643,116 times
Quote:
It's right to challenge the guy who is in charge today and has been for the last 6.5 years.
Bush was in the white house for 911 and he owns it, even tho much of what allowed it to happen was a direct result of Clintons Admin.
Obama is claiming to have ISIS contained when it isn't. ISIS became what they are on Obama's watch. He's the Prez so he gets the credit. You can't have it both ways. He gets credit for success but is allowed to pass the buck for failures? Lydia and Syria are both serious failures. He got more of our soldiers killed in his first 4 years than Bush did in 7. He owns these failures.
I asked 3 simple questions. But in typical republican fashion you ignored the questions, spun the blame to Clinton, spun blame away from Bush, and then put all the blame on Obama.

Here's the questions again if you would care to answer them,

Before the GW Bush White House said 935 false statements about Iraq and invaded Iraq in a senseless war, was ISIS a threat and did ISIS have any power?

Study: Bush, aides made 935 false statements in run-up to war - CNN.com

And if ISIS was not a threat before the Iraq war, that would mean GW Bush created today's ISIS threat.

Is is right to attack Obama for a terrorist organization that GW Bush brought to power?

And have republicans ever attacked GW Bush for creating the ISIS threat (or do they only attack Obama for ISIS) ??

Old 11-14-2015, 09:51 PM

[quote=chad3;41938025]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post

I watched the entire video and I saw no part where Obama spoke about ISIS outside of Iraq and Syria.

Obama: ISIS Is Not Getting 'Stronger,' We Have 'Contained' Them - Breitbart

Could you please tell me the time/times in the above video where Obama spoke of ISIS outisde of Iraq and Syria.
It doesn't really matter, the sound bite has already happened.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:52 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,849,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Context is always important but the buck stops with Obama. 15 years of failure in the Middle East has produced there results.
More like 60 years.... Starting with how we messed up Iran.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Almost as pathetic as Our president claiming ISIS is contained. Or our President wanting to bring 185,000 refugees to the country when we have 150,000 homeless vets. Now that is pathetic.
ISIS has been contained in the context of Iraq and Libya per the interview. The attacks on Paris are the result of geography and poor immigration policies.

Obama isn't purposely funding and training Iraq someone pathetically posted.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
ISIS is the direct product of his FAILED foreign policy.
And which administration invaded the Middle East? Instead of the partisan ignorance, understand the US has failed in the Middle East since post world war 2.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:57 PM

26,330 posts, read 14,928,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
Aren't some of our allies helping and arming them ? so why are we complaining ?

Contained or not is not the issue at all ? how can you contain them,when some of our allies are funding and training them in Syria ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Obama is funding and training ISIS.

Our military said that finding moderate rebels in Syria was like looking for a unicorn, but Obama was bent on supplying rebels, and some of it is now in ISIS hands.

https://www.rt.com/news/318537-us-mu...-syria-rebels/

U.S. Weapons Airdropped for Kurds Ended Up in ISIS's Hands: Pentagon - NBC News

US Arms Supplied to

https://randpaul.com/failed-policies...s-syrian--iraq
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
What misleading, dishonest title. Par the course for some partisan type. There is a serious tragedy in Paris and this is what you post. Pathetic.
What did I say that was inaccurate?

Obama supporter pointed out our allies help ISIS as an excuse for Obama.

So why can't I point out that Obama has also blundered into helping ISIS? There is nothing wrong with what I posted.

Also, Obama says that we should politicize mass shootings.

If facts hurt your feelings, perhaps you shouldn't be an Obama supporter.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Paris is a pretty good example of what we will face if Obama has his way and brings in as many Syrian refugees as he would like.
Just because their Government made this tragic mistake doesn't mean that we should. My heart goes out to the people of France. I have been there several times and always enjoyed my stay.
It actually isn't. We have two large oceans separating us from the rest of the world so we could actually process refugees.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:58 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,643,116 times
The only thing that's happening here is republicans need to get their democrat/black man bash on.

So what do they do?

They find a video of Obama saying "ISIS is not gaining strength in Iraq and Syria." Then the republicans spin the video and say Obama claimed "ISIS is not gaining strength in France."

I guess when you need to get your democrat/black man bash on you find a way to do it (even when that way manipulates, lies, and highly distorts the facts.)

Last edited by chad3; 11-14-2015 at 10:06 PM..

Old 11-14-2015, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
What did I say that was inaccurate?

Obama supporter pointed out our allies help ISIS as an excuse for Obama.

So why can't I point out that Obama has also blundered into helping ISIS? There is nothing wrong with what I posted.

Also, Obama says that we should politicize mass shootings.

If facts hurt your feelings, perhaps you shouldn't be an Obama supporter.
It was pathetic and you should be ashamed. You are politicizing terrorism and using the attacks in Paris to your political advantage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies