U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 06:29 AM

64 posts, read 33,416 times

Advertisements

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ith-it-either/

This is the new lie the left is putting out. I have gotten spam emails from moveon that had some so called woman gun owner who wanted more gun control. They tried this back in the 90s and it failed miserably.The one thing it did show me is that they know little to nothing about gun owners. You can go to most any range in the country and ask and you have about a 99 percent chance that they would laugh this off as pure fantasy. I can find NRA members who don't like the NRA but very few like Micheal Moore who is a life member and did so just to get into to Charlton Heston for a fake interview.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:00 AM

9,538 posts, read 7,847,065 times
The democrats will say or do ANYTHING to further their cause.
To a lesser extent, so will the republicans.
I do not believe anything either National Committee says.
To put it simply, they LIE!
There are a lot of gun owners who are not members of NRA or GOA or any other national organization. However, many of them are most assuredly pro-gun lobbyists! They write to their congresscritters regularly about gun control issues.
Of course, we all should do that. How else will they know our thoughts on the issues of the day?

Old 11-15-2015, 07:44 AM

810 posts, read 616,958 times
If people did not like the NRA then in theory their membership should be dropping like a rock . Is this the case ?

Old 11-15-2015, 08:00 AM

2,808 posts, read 2,440,506 times
Democrats say a lot of things against anything that is not their policies.

Post-Newtown, NRA membership surges to 5 million

New York’s NRA membership nearly doubles in wake of SAFE Act

The more antigun laws the dems make, the more the NRA grows.

Old 11-15-2015, 12:54 PM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,877,508 times
Lots of people join groups believing their interests will be protected. Even though I own a few guns I don't believe I need the security of an NRA membership.
When it comes to elections I like to make my own decision not based on a single issue.

Old 11-15-2015, 05:50 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
29,829 posts, read 54,503,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Lots of people join groups believing their interests will be protected. Even though I own a few guns I don't believe I need the security of an NRA membership.
When it comes to elections I like to make my own decision not based on a single issue.
Exactly the same as me. I might add that I have done work in my business for several major 2nd amendment organizations and learned some interesting facts. There is some controversy over actual NRA membership numbers, and because of their call centers always bothering members to call congressmen and seeking donations, there has been a drop in membership. Also, the numbers have been inflated by many of the gun ranges requiring NRA membership to use the range, in order to get more members. There are also many deceased members included in published counts. Many gun owners are Democrats, but due to the NRA's close affiliation with the republicans, would never consider joining.

Does the NRA Really Have 4 Million Members? | Mother Jones

Old 11-15-2015, 05:59 PM

3,281 posts, read 3,132,700 times
If you want a laugh, look at the "membership" claims by the anti-gun organizations. They don't have members who pay annual dues, instead they claim as "supporters' anybody has given them a nickel, or even just anybody who ever said anything nice about them ever.

Quote:
Many gun owners are Democrats, but due to the NRA's close affiliation with the republicans, would never consider joining.
Hit the nail on the head.

I know a lot of gun owners who don't like the NRA -- people who say the NRA isn't committed enough to gun rights, is too deep in bed with the Republicans, too in love with their own words to support state gun bills that the NRA didn't write (this is what stopped constitutional carry in New Hampshire a year ago), and the NRA is too willing to compromise.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:18 PM

412 posts, read 321,801 times
Being a member of the NRA means getting a constant barrage of "Obama's gonna get your guns. Send us money quickly. We need it NOW in order to protect your gun rights." Not mentioned is funding the exorbitant salaries for some executives.

I have no doubt that some if not many members drop out just to try and stem the constant poor mouthing and barrage of solicitations that comes with membership. They also sell or give your name to a whole host of other groups who want your money.

Forbes NRA Salaries

Old 11-15-2015, 11:38 PM

16,610 posts, read 28,785,472 times
I am not a Republican nor a Democrat, and common sense tells me that liberal Democrats are never going to support anything that has to do with gun ownership. While "some" democrats are pro-gun issues, they are never going to go against their political party, nor agains their Democrat leaders. So now that Hillary wants to dispose of the NRA, I would suggest to some of you to do all you can to elect her as president when the time comes, so she can get rid of the NRA

In fact, some of you should join this organization (heck, might as well join the Democrats):
https://newrepublic.com/article/1132...nt-has-arrived

~Just kidding with you folks. The NRA is not the enemy.

Last edited by RayinAK; 11-15-2015 at 11:49 PM..

Old 11-16-2015, 05:55 AM

64 posts, read 33,416 times
IMO to not support a group like the NRA or GOA is to **** away your gun rights. Its like someone saying I am not going to be part of a union I will go it by myself with the boss. Its just stupidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or