Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 12:00 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,978,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

I think that's pretty clear.
And in 1945 America didn't even have a standing Army and had to rush to produce one, yet America won. That proves my point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 12:00 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
So why isn't that camel herder's cousin attacking Brazil? Or Taiwan? Or Barbados?

Don't pick fights, and no one will waste time on you. Just look tough and be tough, but don't flaunt in. It works in the neighborhoods of New Jersey, and it will work between the nations of the Earth.
The moment this nation backed Israel the die was cast. No going back.

Old 11-16-2015, 12:01 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Freedom makes a country great and a strong military keeps it free...

So I guess you figured it out.
No it doesn't.

Keeps it free? LMAO...seriously? Does this board sound like it's being inundated by free people? We spend more money on the military than ever, yet Americans are scared, paranoid, and shaken as they've ever been. With our big fat military, we've been a nation at perpetual war, and no nation that goes to war as much as we do is "free."

We lost 4500 men in Iraq, and for what exactly? Was your "freedom" under threat? How free were the men who died for absolutely NOTHING. How free were the 58k men who died in Vietnam for NOTHING. Were you any more freer after that war was over?

You guys and your silly feel good platitudes about freedom. SMH

Old 11-16-2015, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Having a strong military does not go hand in hand with being the world's policeman. Having a strong military is necessary for maintaing an empire, something this country was never designed to be.

Exactly. One would have to be smoking weapons-grade crack to think our military is weak. And yes, we could cut military spending and STILL have a military strong enough to make anyone think twice about hurting America. We can keep the aircraft carriers, missiles, etc but just lay off having bases in Europe to defend the "helpless" EU from Russia, stop acting like Japan is a child who can't stand up to China on its own and maybe even stop sending commandos to find cocaine in Columbia, which will always get on America's streets regardless.

Old 11-16-2015, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Says you. The ranks of Americans that are tired of being pulled into the Middle Eastern crap by neocons and Firsters is growing.

You wanna give your life for Israel, be my guest.

Old 11-16-2015, 12:05 AM

Quote:

South Africa was once a major ally of Israel...they never got attacked by someone screaming "allah ackbar."

It is a lot bigger than Israel.

Old 11-16-2015, 12:08 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Says you. The ranks of Americans that are tired of being pulled into the Middle Eastern crap by neocons and Firsters is growing.

You wanna give your life for Israel, be my guest.
You misinterpreted what I said. What I was saying was in response to the o.p.'s question of why isn't the hypothetical camel herder after someone in Brazil, etc.

Old 11-16-2015, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I'll take the flag-on-lapel-crowd over the head-up-their-a$$-crowd any day of the week.

After reading your post and realizing that you had already answered your own question, that's all I got.
First, the question of rhetorical. "Since when" in common vernacular is usually just a way of saying "this does not imply that."

Second, do you think these words refer to someone who has their head up a certain orifice of their body:

"Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations-entangling alliances with none."

You can google who said that when and get back to me.

Old 11-16-2015, 12:11 AM

Quote:
You misinterpreted what I said. What I was saying was in response to the o.p.'s question of why isn't the hypothetical camel herder after someone in Brazil, etc.
In that case...

Old 11-16-2015, 12:11 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Nothing to see here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies