Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you Agree with Obama that Americans are Shameful?
No 267 84.23%
Yes 50 15.77%
Voters: 317. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 08:36 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
He should keep his personal opinions to himself, he's elected to serve us. What an ass.
Who is us?

Seems to me " us" represents opinions ranging from isolationist to WW3 and everything in between.

This situation is unlike anything in the past. Ideology has no physical or national border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 08:37 AM

756 posts, read 424,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You want a religious litmus test to determine who we let into the country. I note that you don't worry about "proper background checks" for Christians, only for Muslims.

It doesn't get any more anti-American than that, no matter how you try to dress it up.
How many Christians have blown people up in the name of Jesus recently?
I really don't care if the groups were reversed. If it were Christians conducting terrorist attacks, you're damn right I'd want proper background checks for them.

I realize not all Muslim refugees are terrorists but, the bad ones in the group ruined it for the good ones. End of story.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:40 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Default The Speech Obama should be making

My fellow Americans, I have come to a decision. After long and careful deliberation and study, I am comfortable proceeding with bringing in 185,000 Syrian Refugees.
The Syrian refugees need our help. Even though we have over 600,000 homeless Americans, many of whom are Veterans. I believe that Our country owes it to the Syrian refugees, to ignore the plight of our own. I think those among us who are homeless, should be proud. This winter when temperatures are below freezing. We will be able to provide homes to the refugees. They will be warm and well fed. They will be provided money and a living. We will shelter them from the very elements, our brave and resourceful homeless will face. It is shameful for us to put the needs of our most needy, above the needs of foreign refugees. On the bright side, perhaps another country will offer you refugee status and take you in. I here hear that Canada has a great healthcare system and mild summers.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:42 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
This forum is a reflection of many diverse opinions ranging from isolationist to expecting the US to take the leadership role and do whatever it takes to destroy ISIS and everything in between.

No matter what Obama does or not, a substantial percentage of the population will not be supportive. There seems to be an expectation that the US can wave a magic wand and put an end to this madness, chop- chop. Film at 11:00. And somehow this can be accomplished without boots on the ground, without increasing taxes, without increasing federal debt and no loss of US life.
Of course, there are plenty of people who will support Obama no matter what he does or doesn't do. You might be one of them.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:42 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
How many Christians have blown people up in the name of Jesus recently?
I really don't care if the groups were reversed, if it were Christians conducting terrorist attacks, you're damn right! I'd want proper background checks for them as well.

The bad ones in the group ruined it for the good ones. End of story.
Yes, I know, Christians have had a spotless history. But that's not the point I'm making. The point is that this country was founded on exactly the opposite principles and ideals as the religious litmus test you are advocating for. Which leads one to conclude that you really don't believe in the basic underpinnings that our country was founded on, even while you wave the flag and give lip service to it.

You can't have it both ways. Either you believe in what America stands for or you don't. And you clearly don't.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:45 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Another round of liberals accusing people of being unAmerican because they don't agree with liberals. We've seen this before.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:48 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yes, I know, Christians have had a spotless history. But that's not the point I'm making. The point is that this country was founded on exactly the opposite principles and ideals as the religious litmus test you are advocating for. Which leads one to conclude that you really don't believe in the basic underpinnings that our country was founded on, even while you wave the flag and give lip service to it.

You can't have it both ways. Either you believe in what America stands for or you don't. And you clearly don't.
Some of us believe that we should be taking care of our own first. Some of us believe that the primary purpose of the Federal Government is to put the interests and safety of the American people first. The FBI has stated that we can't screen these refugees. That admission should be enough to cause pause.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:50 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDude25 View Post
There is no logical fallacy, it's just you don't like it when someone doesn't want to go with the narrative you're pushing. You don't like that I exposed your double standards, you only care about white casualties. So don't be surprise when others don't care as much about 130 French people dying, which is a drop in the bucket compared to how many innocent people have died in Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan by American and NATO bombings and attacks.
Do you even know who "French people" are? Have you seen the races of the people killed in the Paris massacres?

Do yourself a favor, check up on this.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:50 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
He was specifically talking about the governors who stated that they were going to refuse settlement of refugees in their states.....
No he wasn't, but you would have to read the actual statement to understand that.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:51 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
For a Nation who preaches democracy and humanity....Sorry..denying refugee's just because a handful just may slip thru is actually nothing more than shameful.
You make a perfect target.

You, along with a lot of Westerners, are perplexed that Muslims show such contempt for people helping them. They don't understand that Muslims have a very alien set of values and morals. To Muslims, Allah towers above them, and he is often an arbitrary god. Everything flows from him to his chosen people, the Muslims. That goes for good things and bad things.

This is sometimes labeled "in'shallah fatalism". This fatalism means that Muslims are rewarded by Allah in return for being a "good Muslim", and punished by Allah, for lapses, but also facetiously,

Sir Winston Churchill spoke of this fatalism in his 1899 book, "The River War," in which he describes Muslims he apparently observed during Kitchener's campaign in the Sudan:

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men. Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the Queen; all know how to die; but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science - the science against which it had vainly struggled - the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome."

Of course, you can now call Sir Winston Churchill a hater and a bigot but that does not make him wrong.

In this dynamic, when we "infidels" (that's you and me - we are considered unworthy and even sub-human by Muslims), give Muslims charity, credit does not accrue to us - how could it - we are "unbelievers" - but all credit for our largesse redounds to Allah and Allah only.

Give a Muslim $1,000,000 and he will thank Allah for making the subhuman infidel reward a pious deserving Muslim.

Remember this as our fellow citizens inanely extend charity to thankless Muslims, and then are shamed by those same Muslims for somehow transgressing Islam... Being kind to Muslims only earns their complete contempt. Such gestures reinforce to the Muslim's sense of superiority, and highlight the "infidel's" inferiority to the "good Muslim". We feed their worst supremacist notions by extending help and charity. This means all of our efforts have the exact opposite effect to what we expect or hope for.

They are enemies. All of them. Their ideology is more poisonous that Hitler, Hirohito, or Karl Marx's communism. Islam must be beggared and destroyed, or we will die.

All Muslims out now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies