Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 08:57 AM

401 posts, read 287,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicks45 View Post
Ethics and morals aside, say both America and Europe instituted MASSIVE Muslim deportation kind of like the way the U.S interred Japanese Americans during WWII except instead of just keeping them in camps they were all put on boats aimed towards the Middle East and was told anyone that tries to come back or anyone else from the ME that tried to come would be shot without question or a second thought, do you think that would help to stop any terrorist attacks?

Again, of course this would be considered very brutal but if it were to happen hypothetically do you think America and Europe would be much better off in the long run? Maybe tell them they can come back in about 500 years once they have more fully evolved, and capable of creating and maintaining societies that isn't wrought with insane psychopaths.
Since 9/11 the US has invited 800,000 Muslim refugees to live here.
How many terrorist acts have been committed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 08:57 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Ethics and morals aside, say both America and Europe instituted MASSIVE Muslim deportation kind of like the way the U.S interred Japanese Americans during WWII except instead of just keeping them in camps they were all put on boats aimed towards the Middle East and was told anyone that tries to come back or anyone else from the ME that tried to come would be shot without question or a second thought, do you think that would help to stop any terrorist attacks?

Again, of course this would be considered very brutal but if it were to happen hypothetically do you think America and Europe would be much better off in the long run? Maybe tell them they can come back in about 500 years once they have more fully evolved, and capable of creating and maintaining societies that isn't wrought with insane psychopaths.
Just wanted to say, this is a sickening post. The bold above is one of the most horrendous acts committed against Americans in the past 100 years regarding civil rights.

It is so sad how easily people forget the atrocities and discriminatory practices of the past.

All of you focusing so much attention on Muslims are reminding me of Nazi Germany who had similar policies of rounding up Jews for reasons they felt were "valid" and shooting/exterminating them if they didn't bend to the will of the fascist, racist, discriminatory majority.

Pretty sick that mods would allow such threatening threads (if they don't leave they will be shot....).

No wonder that most terrorist are domestic in nature here in the US.

I don't think America would be better off. I grew up with a lot of Muslims and none of them have ever bombed anything and none of them want to. Too may of the people who post and agree with stuff like this are very sick in the mind individuals.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:03 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
No it wouldn't. However, being very selective about who we accept in would serve to lower the risk of a terrorist even in our own country.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:04 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Just wanted to say, this is a sickening post. The bold above is one of the most horrendous acts committed against Americans in the past 100 years regarding civil rights.

It is so sad how easily people forget the atrocities and discriminatory practices of the past.

All of you focusing so much attention on Muslims are reminding me of Nazi Germany who had similar policies of rounding up Jews for reasons they felt were "valid" and shooting/exterminating them if they didn't bend to the will of the fascist, racist, discriminatory majority.

Pretty sick that mods would allow such threatening threads (if they don't leave they will be shot....).

I don't think America would be better off. I grew up with a lot of Muslims and none of them have ever bombed anything and none of them want to. Too may of the people who post and agree with stuff like this are very sick in the mind individuals.
Unfortunately, this reflects the make up of C-D more and more. We can only hope it doesn't reflect the country at large.

Fascism always gains its foothold cloaked in patriotism. What was it Sinclair Lewis said? "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." How right he was. All the right wingers here calling for religious litmus tests proves his point.

So it was in Germany in the late 1930s; so it comes to America in 2015.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:06 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

I tend to agree with everything you say but this;

Too may of the people who post and agree with stuff like this are very sick in the mind individuals.

You call those who are afraid of terrorist and any who LOOK like terrorist sick in the mind yet you say nothing of the terrorist themselves.. This is one of the issues many folks have with Muslims.. they tend to give terrorist a pass.. as if the victims/countries of terrorists attacks had it coming or deserved it.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:13 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
People are scared. I can understand that.

Remember that

German American and Irish American communities had come out strongly in favor of neutrality. The groups condemned massive loans and arms sales to the allies as they saw the acts as violations of neutrality. Theodore Roosevelt raised the issue of whether these communities were loyal to their mother country or to the United States:

"Those hyphenated Americans who terrorize American politicians by threats of the foreign vote are engaged in treason to the American Republic."

Once the United States entered the war, a search for spies and saboteurs escalated into efforts to suppress German culture. Many German-language newspapers were closed down. Public schools stopped teaching German. Lutheran churches dropped services that were spoken in German.

Germans were called "Huns." In the name of patriotism, musicians no longer played Bach and Beethoven, etc.

I've heard quite a few horror stories from my own family members. Obviously, being a mixed german/Japanese, I had this one relative actually interned during ww2 simply because 1. she happened to be in the west coast 2. she happened to have 1/8 japanese blood in her.

I understand people are scared, I really do. Emotion is driven by fear, I understand this too. But I still think Muslim community should not be demonized, you cannot believe ALL of them are terrorists.

Maybe restrict immigrants from ME is a must. Deport those on watch list. etc, etc. Mass deportation is unrealistic. Just don't know how it works.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:14 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,291,129 times
Wow. Just...I...wow... I am at an absolute loss at the pure abject ill-informed hate on this thread...

It just makes me very sad.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:28 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:

No ethics about it.

Deport all Muslims from western lands.

Mohammedanism is the enemy of civilization and freedom.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:36 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
I understand why people are scared, and have an interest in preserving our way of life. However; I don't think that we can deport Muslims who are US citizens, or lock them up, as that is a slippery slope, and really border line police state. So, be careful what you wish for, because it may turn out to be unfavorable for all of us! As it is, our freedoms and individual liberties continue to be erroded, as our politicians on both sides continue to ignore and treat the US Constitution like an outdated rag!

Do I think that we should restrict who we allow in going forward, such as these supposed "refugees" (which BTW seem to be the majority young males, and don't look too hungry)? Yes. We have our own problems here, and I understand that a lot of them may not be terrorists, or part of ISIS, but why risk it, and bring more problems to our shores when we have our own issues? Do I think we should deport anyone here illegally, and haven't gone through the proper channels to obtain citizenship? Absolutely! To me, if you're coming here and demand that we take care of you, but have no interest in becoming a citizen, leaving your baggage behind, and assimilating into our culture, then you don't belong here! Should we watch those who are here on Visas a little more closely, and throw them out if there is any inclination that they may be a threat to our security, or the potential to commit a terrorist act? Absolutely!

Finally, we as well as other Western nations opened up this can of worms when we attempted to inject our policy and our values on a region that has no interest in, nor is compatible with our values! We along with other Western nations should have not gotten involved in that part of the world. The sad thing is, we're in this thing too deep now, and I don't see us vacating that region any time soon.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:39 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,291,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
No ethics about it.

Deport all Muslims from western lands.

Mohammedanism is the enemy of civilization and freedom.
Maybe until you deport them you could get them all to wear little yellow crescent moons all the time so you know who "they" are without having to worry...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies