Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2015, 11:28 PM

6,260 posts, read 5,067,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
I am not quite sure what people on this forum (low IQs in abundance noted) expect Obama to do?..........
Interesting transition happening on this forum over the past few days and in multiple threads. Conservatives are no longer racist for disagreeing with Obama. Now we're just stupid, plains and simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 11:49 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,438,358 times
And to the one poster on here, maybe Obama ought to try telling the truth for once in his life! We can start there with the damn truth. Oh lets see now, ISIS is Contained, my butt.

Video lie, why vote for someone who lies thru his lying teeth. I want the truth of a situation no matter how bad it is, I hate liars, and someone who lies so often. He might try not being a bully to the point of punishing those who dare disagree with him. Arrogant pompas fool.

He is such a jewel, NOT and definitely no MESSIAH!

Old 11-19-2015, 03:05 AM

34,007 posts, read 17,041,831 times
[quote=Mag3.14;41989045

How the **** do you eradicate an ideology?

[/quote]

Overwhelming force with no constraints. We wiped out , with allies, the Nazi ideology, and also the Japanese WWII mentality. Those shadows on sidewalks of Hiroshima were once our enemies.

Old 11-19-2015, 04:43 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,618,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I can't give you another rep point, so I'll just say that I agree with your comment. (hope I'm not one of the low IQ people to whom you were referring!)

What this thread proves to me is that people are scared, which is exactly how the terrorists (and some Republicans) want us to feel. I mentioned this before,but last year a woman in Florida told me we were all going to die from Ebola and that Obama was being "weak" by not closing the borders. Apparently fear mongering does work.
This is how Conservatives & right wingers work through fear mongering. If you watch FOX News on a daily basis they always have some retired "Senior War Contributor" that nobody has heard of say President Obama is weak by letting Syrian refugees in to the US as if they were washing up on our shores just like in Europe!

Then this is fodder for the GOP candidates with Jeb Bush (No surprise here!) wanting 10,000 boots on the ground already! Notice how these low IQ people are attracted to these pathetic GOP hopefuls who strike up fear with immigration issues whether it's Mexicans or Syrian refugees which had nothing to do with the attacks in Paris!

How many people do you know that didn't vote for Obama because they thought he was going to take their Guns away? Or that he was a secret "Muslim / Kenyan" despite the Donald not being able to prove otherwise with his "Investigations" in Hawaii? I know a few!
If you want perpetual war in the Middle East and think you can defeat ISIS go vote for the War Mongers AGAIN and expect a different result. I just hope you volunteer your own kids when you vote them into the White House.

Old 11-19-2015, 04:48 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,712,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
And the leaders of the other side are in Iran with their allies in the Shia parts of Iraq and Syria.

Iran also hates us, but their ideology is actually less radical than the other side. The problem is that Russia is on Iran's side and the US has historically viewed them as an enemy because of this.

The bottom line is that it is a mess over there, one we shouldn't get involved in...and our getting involved only makes us a bigger target from backwards religious nuts, and gives them a recruiting tool that brings more religious nuts/losers into their ranks from around the world.

Keep their religious nuts out of our country. Europe has a problem with too many all ready living there and needs to start pushing them out.

the goal of the west should be to keep this ideology out. Some people think fighting them in the ME is the way to do that, I think it makes the situation worse.
That has been crystal clear since 911, when most Americans first learned in any depth and detail, about what is really going on over there. It was the "elephant in the room" of a clear solution that PC didn't allow to be touched with a ten-foot pole.

"Political correctness is killing us" was once considered to be a figure of speech referring to the discomfort and inconvenience people felt about pressure to bite their tongues. We're now seeing just how literal those words really are. As the mess we are in today - and the enormity of the erosion of personal freedoms across our society seen in recent years - is the direct result of a culture paralyzed by conditioning to "look the other way".

A once great nation with leaders afraid to protect or defend it out of fear of offending other groups is the cumulative madness of the evil that is PC. It is the enemy within that we must confront and defeat first, if we are to have any chance or any hope of defeating enemies with bombs and bullets.

Old 11-19-2015, 04:50 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,618,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Overwhelming force with no constraints. We wiped out , with allies, the Nazi ideology, and also the Japanese WWII mentality. Those shadows on sidewalks of Hiroshima were once our enemies.
You were defeating "states" not a "ideology" though. It's not the same. We removed Saddam from power and now Iraq is a hot bed of terrorism in parts even though we installed a Government there just like Afghanistan. Remember Russia fought them there for years and finally retreated too?

Old 11-19-2015, 04:52 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,006,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I thought Obama was responsible for the rise of the far right? Turns out nazi ideology is dead, you might want to tell all the white nationalists stormfront persons here, just count the number of threads railing against multiculturalism and waxing poetic about a homogeneous nation.

Old 11-19-2015, 04:55 AM

34,007 posts, read 17,041,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
You were defeating "states" not a "ideology" though. It's not the same. We removed Saddam from power and now Iraq is a hot bed of terrorism in parts even though we installed a Government there just like Afghanistan. Remember Russia fought them there for years and finally retreated too?
The ideology is bred in a few states, with less significance than Germany, who had a strong military presence.

The Mid-East mistake both Russia and the US made was to not fully destroy the enemy.

We did not make that mistake, Thank God, vs Germany or Japan in WWII. Essentially, they had to be rebuilt from absolute, complete ruins, with a significant percentage of their population gone forever. Shadows on Sidewalks ring a bell?.

Old 11-19-2015, 04:56 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,006,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
That has been crystal clear since 911, when most Americans first learned in any depth and detail, about what is really going on over there. It was the "elephant in the room" of a clear solution that PC didn't allow to be touched with a ten-foot pole.

"Political correctness is killing us" was once considered to be a figure of speech referring to the discomfort and inconvenience people felt about pressure to bite their tongues. We're now seeing just how literal those words really are. As the mess we are in today - and the enormity of the erosion of personal freedoms across our society seen in recent years - is the direct result of a culture paralyzed by conditioning to "look the other way".

A once great nation with leaders afraid to protect or defend it out of fear of offending other groups is the cumulative madness of the evil that is PC. It is the enemy within that we must confront and defeat first, if we are to have any chance or any hope of defeating enemies with bombs and bullets.
What is that clear solution? Not wanting to outlaw Islam or have detention camps for all Muslims is not being pc, is being an American is acting with the principles that founded this nation, freedom of religion, all people are created equal, any of this ringing a bell.

Old 11-19-2015, 04:59 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,294,313 times
I hang on to every word Obama says.

For years, his image was not welcomed in my house - whether it be on TV, radio, or my computer. I tuned him out because I considered his endless blabbing irrelevant. Now, I listen so I can get an idea of what's in store for this country. It does not look good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies