Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 06:49 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,671,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
I am not quite sure what people on this forum (low IQs in abundance noted) expect Obama to do? We have been bombing ISIS for over a year,
Yep, bombing ISIS for over a year and it hasn't worked but Obama wants to do more of the same. That's the definition of insanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 06:51 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,033,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Bush 43 said that it would be quick and we would be accepted as liberators.

Keep following the GOP and their counter-factual information.
O has been in power for 7 years now. His foreign policies have been mostly a disaster, as evidenced.
Time to stop blaming W for everything.

Old 11-19-2015, 06:57 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,512,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Bush 43 said that it would be quick and we would be accepted as liberators.

Keep following the GOP and their counter-factual information.

It will be long and drawn out, only if they want it to be long and drawn out...
Our Military, with the capabilities it has today, the Nazi Blitzkrieg would look like slow motion, comparatively.

The PC crowd, cannot take the civilian casualties of war. So, instead of kickingass & taking no names, we go in as door to door salesmen. It is long and drawn out, only if they want it to be long and drawn out.

You don't win wars, by trying to hold ground.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:09 AM

33,510 posts, read 18,080,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
This is how Conservatives & right wingers work through fear mongering. If you watch FOX News on a daily basis they always have some retired "Senior War Contributor" that nobody has heard of say President Obama is weak by letting Syrian refugees in to the US as if they were washing up on our shores just like in Europe!

Then this is fodder for the GOP candidates with Jeb Bush (No surprise here!) wanting 10,000 boots on the ground already! Notice how these low IQ people are attracted to these pathetic GOP hopefuls who strike up fear with immigration issues whether it's Mexicans or Syrian refugees which had nothing to do with the attacks in Paris!

How many people do you know that didn't vote for Obama because they thought he was going to take their Guns away? Or that he was a secret "Muslim / Kenyan" despite the Donald not being able to prove otherwise with his "Investigations" in Hawaii? I know a few!
If you want perpetual war in the Middle East and think you can defeat ISIS go vote for the War Mongers AGAIN and expect a different result. I just hope you volunteer your own kids when you vote them into the White House.
Try telling that to the families of the 129 dead and the hundreds in critical condition.

I live 50 miles from the world trade center , was at ground zero to see the destruction..I was 50 miles away and over the shoreline I saw the smoke for weeks. They found body parts months after on top of buildings.. hundreds jumped to their death.. I have family who say the trade towers come down looking out their windows.. there was no food in the city. All the food rotted because the electric was out.

Every truck going into the city had to be checked. The phones were out.. it was hell on earth for many NYers and yes, they were afraid..

Thousands baked in the flames, many jumped.. 300 firemen died as the building came down crushing them. I will NEVER FORGET.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:13 AM

16,757 posts, read 8,181,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Try telling that to the families of the 129 dead and the hundreds in critical condition.

I live 50 miles from the world trade center , was at ground zero to see the destruction..I was 50 miles away and over the shoreline I saw the smoke for weeks. They found body parts months after on top of buildings.. hundreds jumped to their death.. I have family who say the trade towers come down looking out their windows.. there was no food in the city. All the food rotted because the electric was out.

Every truck going into the city had to be checked. The phones were out.. it was hell on earth for many NYers and yes, they were afraid..

Thousands baked in the flames, many jumped.. 300 firemen died as the building came down crushing them. I will NEVER FORGET.
They were of course from Saudi Arabia.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:43 AM

23,844 posts, read 14,968,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post

Please also do not forget that Tenet and others have now confirmed that they knew something was coming for months and nothing was done.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:51 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,799,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
O has been in power for 7 years now. His foreign policies have been mostly a disaster, as evidenced.
Time to stop blaming W for everything.
That would require accepting Obama is a failure and that goes against the democrat religion.

At least republicans somewhat call out poor decision making by party leadership.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:01 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,717,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I have always been a strong supporter of President Obama, voted for him twice. When people said negative things about him, I always spoke up to defend him. However, because of recent events, I am rethinking my position.

What is disturbing me very much now is that he seems very weak to me in his foreign policies.........especially in light of the recent Paris attacks. He is still treating ISIS as if they are simply law breakers instead of waking up to realize they consider themselves a country and that they are a very serious threat to the rest of the world. He keeps talking about bringing the people who attack others to justice instead of acknowledging that there is a war going on and he needs to act now and do it in a forceful way. His bone head idea to take in tons of refugees also is guiding my dislike for his policies too.

What also concerns me is that Hillary (who I would have probably voted for) seems to think along the same lines as Obama. Not so sure who I would vote for now. Not ready to support a loose cannon like Trump yet, but I do think we need someone with some guts in that job, someone who will not play games with terrorist organizations and who is not afraid to meet force with force.

I don't want this to turn into another beat down Obama thread, just wanted to say that I am not as confident in him as I once was.

Don
Quite a few democrats feel as you do and are fleeing the ship. I do not think this is a left or right issue but one of national security. This is insane to import a stated enemy in such large numbers. Any fool who has any sense would see this as a Trojan horse. We could very easily set up a safe zone in their country to house women and children fleeing the wars.

When you see your country fall...and I predict it will within our lifetime, the democratic party and many on the GOP side of the fence will have blood on their hands. Glad you at lease see the light before the explosion.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:06 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,565,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It will be long and drawn out, only if they want it to be long and drawn out...
Our Military, with the capabilities it has today, the Nazi Blitzkrieg would look like slow motion, comparatively.

The PC crowd, cannot take the civilian casualties of war. So, instead of kickingass & taking no names, we go in as door to door salesmen. It is long and drawn out, only if they want it to be long and drawn out.

You don't win wars, by trying to hold ground.
Sure we can beat IS - not even close to being as formidable as Saddam's Republican Guard. You may even see it happen in the next 6 months but we need to learn from the past so we don't repeat it.

Most seem to miss is that:

1) we beat the Taliban in every battle - and 13+ years later they are still there
2) we beat Saddam in 3 weeks; years later we beat the Sunni insurgency in 3 months; 10+ years later IS still rose and are now are as bad or worse than Al Queda
3) Our so-called Allies (Turkey, Saudi, Kuwait, etc.) and Iran - are only too happy to have us bloody our hands killing Muslims - they keep theirs clean and then blame us for any negative results and we get to suffer the terror consequences.

The ME is a mess - one that we should stay out of. Our troops have no business being in the ME unless we are attacked in which case we should respond in kind.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:06 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,671,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Please also do not forget that Tenet and others have now confirmed that they knew something was coming for months and nothing was done.
Yep, it wasn't PC until the deed was done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies