Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 05:03 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times

Advertisements

I have always been a strong supporter of President Obama, voted for him twice. When people said negative things about him, I always spoke up to defend him. However, because of recent events, I am rethinking my position.

What is disturbing me very much now is that he seems very weak to me in his foreign policies.........especially in light of the recent Paris attacks. He is still treating ISIS as if they are simply law breakers instead of waking up to realize they consider themselves a country and that they are a very serious threat to the rest of the world. He keeps talking about bringing the people who attack others to justice instead of acknowledging that there is a war going on and he needs to act now and do it in a forceful way. His bone head idea to take in tons of refugees also is guiding my dislike for his policies too.

What also concerns me is that Hillary (who I would have probably voted for) seems to think along the same lines as Obama. Not so sure who I would vote for now. Not ready to support a loose cannon like Trump yet, but I do think we need someone with some guts in that job, someone who will not play games with terrorist organizations and who is not afraid to meet force with force.

I don't want this to turn into another beat down Obama thread, just wanted to say that I am not as confident in him as I once was.

Don
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 05:09 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,728,615 times
And if you would rather just lay down and wait your turn for decapitation, you are 0bama/Lib mentality and will receive exactly what you want.

Darwin at work.......figure it out.

As for the OP. What I find disturbing is that the whole world has to be in flames before many people can wake up, and figure out that 0bama has not been your friend. There will be many that are standing in the smoldering ruins of their own lives and still extoling the virtues of their "fearless leader". Good for them.

CN.......

Old 11-17-2015, 05:53 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,481,316 times
Not too late to come around OP. I voted for Obama in 2008 and then Romney in 2012. You're correct in noting his failed policies and that Hillary will just continue down the same path. I don't care who you vote for, just please do not vote to continue down this same path (aka Hillary). The future of the country depends on people like you waking up.

Old 11-17-2015, 06:07 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,403,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I have always been a strong supporter of President Obama, voted for him twice. When people said negative things about him, I always spoke up to defend him. However, because of recent events, I am rethinking my position.
Respectfully, I'm glad to see this and I've also been seeing more and more of it as time goes on.

Now, in my opinion, let's not make another mistake with Hillary, who could actually be possibly worse...

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-20-2015 at 08:11 AM.. Reason: reinstated

Old 11-17-2015, 06:13 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
This was written awhile ago and it's on point

Today methods of “Stealth Jihad” are being spread by intimidating the UN, the European Union, and the U.S., and by taking advantage of weak and/or ignorant politicians, diplomats, and “scholars.

Dr. Youssef, and Dr. ‘Abdallah are trying to warn us what is ahead—if we don’t change our ways and elect some officials who really “get it.” Perhaps, if the U.S. does wake up, we might still have time to salvage the situation. However, for Europe, it appears that it is already too late. Caving in to the demands of one’s enemies is how weak and/or ignorant Civilizations commit suicide. Unfortunately, we are racing as fast as we can to make that a reality. It all hinges on the 2012 elections.

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." Barack Hussein Obama in "The Audacity of Hope."

obama-surrenders-to-radical-islam

Old 11-17-2015, 06:13 AM

2,008 posts, read 1,247,997 times
Quote:

What is disturbing me very much now is that he seems very weak to me in his foreign policies.........especially in light of the recent Paris attacks. He is still treating ISIS as if they are simply law breakers instead of waking up to realize they consider themselves a country and that they are a very serious threat to the rest of the world. He keeps talking about bringing the people who attack others to justice instead of acknowledging that there is a war going on and he needs to act now and do it in a forceful way. His bone head idea to take in tons of refugees also is guiding my dislike for his policies too.
Not only that, his mind seems to be completely shut to anyone who may dare challenge his idea of what's right and wrong. That's the scary thing.

Old 11-17-2015, 06:15 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
OP, many people have seen and are starting to see. Here interesting article about someone who was a hard left Democrat who is no longer a Democrat.

Unfortunately for me it took until I was 60 to completely catch on. I don’t know what that says about my brains, but hey, better late than never. The above saying sums up the differences between Liberals and Conservatives rather well, and also explains why it takes some of us so long to catch on—and why some never do.

why-i-am-not-a-democrat.php

Old 11-17-2015, 06:16 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:

What also concerns me is that Hillary (who I would have probably voted for) seems to think along the same lines as Obama. Not so sure who I would vote for now. Not ready to support a loose cannon like Trump yet, but I do think we need someone with some guts in that job, someone who will not play games with terrorist organizations and who is not afraid to meet force with force.

I don't want this to turn into another beat down Obama thread, just wanted to say that I am not as confident in him as I once was.

Don

The man has a woody for Muslims. Or had you not noticed since before he was elected the first time.

Old 11-17-2015, 06:19 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:

Don
No worries. Many of us thought Obama was a good change. Not in 2015.

Old 11-17-2015, 06:23 AM

3,787 posts, read 6,999,707 times
I may have been wrong as well. I'll admit it. I didn't like that "shameful" remark at all.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-17-2015 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: off topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies