Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 01:36 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,033 times

Advertisements

Olmert back in 2008 offered nearly everything the was asked for. and Palestinians STILL said no.

Palestinian leader discusses failed peace effort

"Abbas said he supported the idea of territorial swaps, but that Olmert pressed him into agreeing to the plan without allowing him to study the proposed map.

"He showed me a map. He didn't give me a map," Abbas said. "He told me, 'This is the map' and took it away. I respected his point of view, but how can I sign on something that I didn't receive?"

anyone buying this latest excuse?

the map didn't show a Palestinian overlay of the entire state of Israel. That's why he said no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 01:47 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,106,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
the map didn't show a Palestinian overlay of the entire state of Israel. That's why he said no.
Ding ding ding ding. Finally someone gets it!

The Palestinians will be satisfied with nothing less than the total annihilation of Israel. The Israelis could give up the entire Gaza Strip and the West Bank and they still wouldent be satisfied. They want all of Israel, every square inch. They want to drive every last Israeli right into the sea.

The Palestinians don't want peace, they arent interested in peacefully coexisting with Israel. I don't understand why people cannot grasp this.

Old 11-18-2015, 01:50 PM

1,676 posts, read 945,482 times
All te Israelis have to do is wait for Abbas to croak. Then Hamas and ISIS will take over the territories and Israel will finally have the chance to kill the terrorists, expel the rest, and take the land.

Old 11-18-2015, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
All te Israelis have to do is wait for Abbas to croak. Then Hamas and ISIS will take over the territories and Israel will finally have the chance to kill the terrorists, expel the rest, and take the land.
It's like an Israeli official said recently... "who would you like us to give the Golan Heights back to? ISIS, Hezbollah or maybe the up and coming al-nursa terrorists?"

Old 11-18-2015, 01:59 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,106,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
There's already several hundred thousand Israelis living in the West Bank plus many Arabs with Israeli citizenship ... it is inevitable that Israel will eventually annex this land. I expect it will happen within the next decade.

Old 11-18-2015, 01:59 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post

The Palestinians will be satisfied with nothing less than the total annihilation of Israel. The Israelis could give up the entire Gaza Strip and the West Bank and they still wouldent be satisfied. They want all of Israel, every square inch. They want to drive every last Israeli right into the sea.

The Palestinians don't want peace, they arent interested in peacefully coexisting with Israel. I don't understand why people cannot grasp this.

Probably because Israel keeps taking more Palestinian land making it obvious that Israel does not really want peace either.

I am sure that you can find plenty of Palestinians and plenty of Israelis that do want peace. However one is naive or thinks their audience is stupid to suggest that a large faction of Israel also is really interested in peace. Israel certainly has a lot to gain from war.

Now one other problem is the inherent chaos being created in the Palestinian areas. Weak governments can make agreements but cannot enforce them. Israel by destabilizing Palestinian governments simply makes if more difficult to enforce treaties on the Palestinian side. Israel is a state capable of policing itself. This was the same problem between Texas and the confederate tribes of the Comanche. Much harder to make treaties with poorly organized bodies.

Old 11-18-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Probably because Israel keeps taking more Palestinian land making it obvious that Israel does not really want peace either.

I am sure that you can find plenty of Palestinians and plenty of Israelis that do want peace. However one is naive or thinks their audience is stupid to suggest that a large faction of Israel also is really interested in peace. Israel certainly has a lot to gain from war.

Now one other problem is the inherent chaos being created in the Palestinian areas. Weak governments can make agreements but cannot enforce them. Israel by destabilizing Palestinian governments simply makes if more difficult to enforce treaties on the Palestinian side. Israel is a state capable of policing itself. This was the same problem between Texas and the confederate tribes of the Comanche. Much harder to make treaties with poorly organized bodies.
how many more chances do these arabs think they have at a 2 state solution? only the palestinians are eternal refugees. no one else wants them either. they can't live in peace in Lebanon or Jordan. why don't you pick up a non fiction book sometime?

Old 11-18-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post

And the audacity to blame ISRAEL for destabilize the "government" of the innocent Palestinians.

You mean the Palestinians who put hamas in power?

“In a democracy, people get the leaders they deserve”

Old 11-18-2015, 02:16 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
The Palestinians will be satisfied with nothing less than the total annihilation of Israel.
...and the Progressives here would love the same thing.

I have a question... if the Jews learned anything, it is not to trust a totalitarian regime. Yet, that is exactly what the DNC is becoming. It's mind boggling how they stick with a D based on what it was, rather than split off for what it has become.

Why is that?

Old 11-18-2015, 02:28 PM

1,676 posts, read 945,482 times
Steven, many of us are finally waking up. I think the Paris Attacks and refuge crisis will be the undoing of the supposed victory that was predicted for the Dems next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies