Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 07:17 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,505,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Your government wouldn't allow anything on your plate unless it was safe for consumption. And the consensus among scientists is that it's safe. You hate science.
What is "it"...polymyxin resistant bacteria?...you don't even know what you are saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 07:26 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,968,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
What is "it"...polymyxin resistant bacteria?...you don't even know what you are saying.
They should make a vaccine for that.

You do your job, let scientists do theirs. The consensus, including science, is that your dinner table is safe from those conspiracy theories you're worried about.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:27 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,434,384 times
name the bacteria that can kill millions, and is resistant to nearly all common sense .........liberalism

Old 11-19-2015, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
name the bacteria that can kill millions, and is resistant to nearly all common sense .........liberalism
aannnd it continues...the forum of anti-intelligent conversation strikes again.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:31 PM

Quote:
They should make a vaccine for that.

You do your job, let scientists do theirs. The consensus, including science, is that your dinner table is safe from those conspiracy theories you're worried about.
nobody is talking about my dinner table...we are talking about drug resistant bacteria. for your own sake, I hope you are trolling. And I think you are...but with the other people I see in this forum, I wouldn't be surprised if you aren't.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:41 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,968,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
nobody is talking about my dinner table...we are talking about drug resistant bacteria. for your own sake, I hope you are trolling. And I think you are...but with the other people I see in this forum, I wouldn't be surprised if you aren't.
You're a conspiracy theorist.

You say antibiotics are unsuitable for foodstuffs, the government says it's an acceptable practice. Who's correct? Highly doubtful it's you.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:58 PM

Quote:
You say antibiotics are unsuitable for foodstuffs, the government says it's an acceptable practice. Who's correct? Highly doubtful it's you.
Gee, it seems that scientists are kind of concerned about this. Are you done yet?

Antibiotic Use in Food-Producing Animals | NARMS | CDC
Antimicrobial Resistance: A Global Emerging Threat to Public Health Systems. - PubMed - NCBI
http://www.tufts.edu/med/apua/about_...tic_agri.shtml
http://www.pnas.org/content/110/9/3435.short
ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE
Phasing Out Certain Antibiotic Use in Farm Animals (gee, your beloved FDA even thinks its a problem)

Old 11-19-2015, 10:54 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,540,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
That won't help much. .
Then maybe we need to consider using nukes. We may have to anyways. The amount of debt we owe to China is so immense that it's never going to be paid. Debt on that level only goes away by means of conquest and/or total destruction.

It's something horrible to think about and I hope we never have to do that but in this situation we may have to.

Last edited by majoun; 11-19-2015 at 11:11 PM..

Old 11-19-2015, 11:25 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,963,252 times
Quote:
It's really the poultry industry. But it pales to your use of it at the doctor's office, and in your antibacterial liquid handsoaps, and public hand-sanitizers.

Try putting the responsibility where it really lies.

ahh...

"Anti-Bacterial" and "Antibiotic" are two completely different things. Bleach is anti-bacterial, but it isn't pumped into people as an antibiotic for obvious reasons. Antibiotics are pretty much useless outside of a living hosts, that is why it isn't in soap.

Hand Sanitizer Doesn't Create Superbugs - Business Insider

Old 11-19-2015, 11:29 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,963,252 times
Quote:
The science is settled, and an overwhelming majority of scientists say otherwise. It's proven safe for the dinner table, or else your government wouldn't allow it in meats. Science wins again.

Reagan was right about that one, even if he hardly practiced what he preached. If the government really cared they would have banned antibiotics in meats a long time ago. Instead, they sided with the beef industry and created a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies