Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 06:16 PM

76,980 posts, read 47,297,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They got nukes.

Might change once Iran gets their nukes but for now they have the big guns.
Iran pretty much hates ISIS. Why should them getting nukes change anything between ISIS and Israel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2015, 06:16 PM

833 posts, read 653,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
This won't be one of my more popular opinions

But ISIS is essentially an ally of the U.S., Israel, Saudi Arabia, and NATO. They are our boogey-man, our cover, our excuse. Turkey is a NATO country buying black-market oil from ISIS! ISIS is armed to the teeth with AMERICAN equipment!

I'm not saying this is wrong. Not saying it's right. Don't really see the point of such characterizations anymore. But by gawd I AM saying that the official line we're getting on the 6:00 news is BS. And as usual we Americans are just eating it up.
Is that what they are now preaching in mosques? Lol

If this "revelation" is originating from imam then gawd it must be true!

Old 12-11-2015, 07:15 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,745,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_CA View Post
Is that what they are now preaching in mosques? Lol

If this "revelation" is originating from imam then gawd it must be true!
Does it make you uncomfortable when folks don't take the official government story at face value?

ISIS has THOUSANDS of American Humvees. And rifles. And rocket launchers. THOUSANDS. Do you think that's all by accident?

ISIS is fighting against Assad. Israel wants Assad gone. Saudi Arabia wants Assad gone. The U.S. wants Assad gone. The E.U. wants Assad gone. Turkey is a NATO member- providing much of ISIS's funding by buying their oil.

That's an awful lot of coincidences

Russia wants to keep Assad in power for two reasons:

1. They want access to warm-water ports and have long-standing agreements with Syria (Assad, that is).
2. If Assad is forced from power, a pipeline will be built from Qatar through Syria and into Turkey... greatly easing if not nearly eliminating the strangle-hold Russia has on the rest of Europe as they supply nearly all the natural gas Europe uses for power generation. Do you think it's an accident that Russia is officially no longer selling natural gas to Ukraine? Do you think it's a coincidence that the first compression stations to export natural gas from the U.S. are about to come online any day now??

Do you think it's a coincidence that the Saudis (our buddies with the shared geopolitical interests that I've outlined) are pumping so much oil as to crash the price? WHILE we put sanctions on Russia? If I have to explain to you how low oil prices hurt Russia more than just about any other country... then I'm wasting keystrokes here. If you don't understand what collapsed the Soviet Union, then you won't likely be helped at this point.

Now all this is not to say that I oppose what's going on. Really I'm pretty ambivalent about it... got no love for Assad or Putin (ok... can't help but admire Putin's super-villain potential). I'm just saying that big things are happening in the world beyond what you see on the 6:00 news. None of this is tinfoil-hat material... except perhaps for the lines I'm drawing between the dots.

But when my government claims that we're fighting the very people that we're clearly arming... well I smell a rat. I'm disappointed but not surprised that most of my Fellow Americans just blithely believe what they're told.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Does it make you uncomfortable when folks don't take the official government story at face value?

ISIS has THOUSANDS of American Humvees. And rifles. And rocket launchers. THOUSANDS. Do you think that's all by accident?

ISIS is fighting against Assad. Israel wants Assad gone. Saudi Arabia wants Assad gone. The U.S. wants Assad gone. The E.U. wants Assad gone. Turkey is a NATO member- providing much of ISIS's funding by buying their oil.

That's an awful lot of coincidences

Russia wants to keep Assad in power for two reasons:

1. They want access to warm-water ports and have long-standing agreements with Syria (Assad, that is).
2. If Assad is forced from power, a pipeline will be built from Qatar through Syria and into Turkey... greatly easing if not nearly eliminating the strangle-hold Russia has on the rest of Europe as they supply nearly all the natural gas Europe uses for power generation. Do you think it's an accident that Russia is officially no longer selling natural gas to Ukraine? Do you think it's a coincidence that the first compression stations to export natural gas from the U.S. are about to come online any day now??

Do you think it's a coincidence that the Saudis (our buddies with the shared geopolitical interests that I've outlined) are pumping so much oil as to crash the price? WHILE we put sanctions on Russia? If I have to explain to you how low oil prices hurt Russia more than just about any other country... then I'm wasting keystrokes here. If you don't understand what collapsed the Soviet Union, then you won't likely be helped at this point.

Now all this is not to say that I oppose what's going on. Really I'm pretty ambivalent about it... got no love for Assad or Putin (ok... can't help but admire Putin's super-villain potential). I'm just saying that big things are happening in the world beyond what you see on the 6:00 news. None of this is tinfoil-hat material... except perhaps for the lines I'm drawing between the dots.

But when my government claims that we're fighting the very people that we're clearly arming... well I smell a rat. I'm disappointed but not surprised that most of my Fellow Americans just blithely believe what they're told.
Just cuz Osama spoke English didn't mean he had support of British. It's understandable the Islamic snakes have American gear. It's not because America is supplying them necessarily. These could have been looted. The point being, Isis is not a supported party and Israel is not about to bankroll sunni snakes that are hell bent on its destruction. As stated earlier , if you are Islamic worm you stay away from Israel. They don't tolerate crap. Just like Russia. Turkey is finding out now.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:55 PM

68,282 posts, read 54,070,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_CA View Post
Just cuz Osama spoke English didn't mean he had support of British. It's understandable the Islamic snakes have American gear. It's not because America is supplying them necessarily. These could have been looted. The point being, Isis is not a supported party and Israel is not about to bankroll sunni snakes that are hell bent on its destruction. As stated earlier , if you are Islamic worm you stay away from Israel. They don't tolerate crap. Just like Russia. Turkey is finding out now.
If they're so tough, why did Netanyahu find it necessary to come here whining about a multi-nation deal with Iran?

Old 12-12-2015, 01:14 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,745,815 times
Any country can be "tough" when given billions of dollars of U.S. military equipment.

Old 12-12-2015, 02:50 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,755,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
The destruction of Israel is their stated end goal, but ISIS needs to occupy and expand it on its current stated goal to create a Caliphate first.
Even still, Israel are fighters and give any Muslims hell. It has happened time and time again whether nations or terror groups.

Old 12-12-2015, 03:29 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,361,785 times
My understanding is ISIS wants to first "purify" Islam and establish a caliphate. Then it will focus on bringing the rest of the world under sharia law.

Besides Israel being armed to the teeth, Hezbollah is a buffer between Israel and ISIS held territory. HZB is the main thing preventing an ISIS invasion of Lebanon and it's inept govt. ISIS has still bombed Shia areas of Beirut a ton.

Old 12-12-2015, 03:53 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,254,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
anyone other than me wondering why isis doesnt screw with Isreal? thoughts opinions?
They have borders and people manning them.

Old 12-12-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
If they're so tough, why did Netanyahu find it necessary to come here whining about a multi-nation deal with Iran?
It's called diplomacy especially when America is not being governed by an Israel friendly party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies