Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2015, 04:08 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Right....your whole argument is that scientists are cooking the books.... I call a spade a spade. I can understand why you don't use the word conspiracy... Makes you look like you have tin foil hat.
And maybe you don't know what the word conspiracy means. I don't use the word conspiracy because I don't know that there is one. But I do know they fudge data and that's what this thread is about.

Old 11-25-2015, 04:24 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman71 View Post
Uhh... No, they're not.
Sure they are. Do you not tell a morbidly obese person to eat less?

Quote:
I asked not for the preventions of climate change (since most of your ilk have proclaimed that we're past the point of no return and there nothing we can do will stop it), I asked for the solutions to the problems climate change will cause.

Let's get on thing perfectly clear...You and others have stated countless times we are past the point of no return. We can't stop it. We blew it, its a positive feedback loop, etc.
You are more than welcome to search my posts, but I have never advocated a no return position. Furthermore,
I don't think you will find many people who advocate not cutting emissions despite "no return".

Quote:
If that's the case, prevention methods are not what we need.
Disagree with that logic.

Quote:
And it also wasn't what I asked for.

I want a list of things being done to mitigate the problems that will be caused by rising oceans, problems caused by rising temperatures, displaced people, lost agriculture lands.

I asked for a list of specific things that ARE BEING DONE RIGHT NOW to help with the impending crisis.

Do not put words in my mouth. I want what I asked for.

Where is that list?
Go on google.... Lol if you really cared about understanding the issue then why are you here? Research it for yourself if you really cared.

Old 11-25-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
And maybe you don't know what the word conspiracy means. I don't use the word conspiracy because I don't know that there is one. But I do know they fudge data and that's what this thread is about.
Play semantics all you want. Just like with Benghazi, you folks are pretty transparent.

Old 11-25-2015, 04:33 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,146,713 times
Quote:
Sure they are. Do you not tell a morbidly obese person to eat less?

You are more than welcome to search my posts, but I have never advocated a no return position. Furthermore,
I don't think you will find many people who advocate not cutting emissions despite "no return".

Disagree with that logic.

Go on google.... Lol if you really cared about understanding the issue then why are you here? Research it for yourself if you really cared.
So no list from you. You have no solutions, just rhetoric.

Pretty much as I expected.

You didn't disappoint.

Old 11-25-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
So no list from you. You have no solutions, just rhetoric.

Pretty much as I expected.

You didn't disappoint.
Lol. Do you not know how to use google or do you usually make a habit to learn about scientific topics from the politics and controversies section of city data....?

Why should I waste time on you? Why can't you take the initiative yourself?

Old 11-25-2015, 05:22 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
NASA/NOAA are not 'fudging data' or 'operating in secret'.

It's Lamar Smith who is not being transparent about his reasons for his witch hunt of NOAA scientists who are just doing their job. Here is a letter from House Committee member Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson to Lamar Smith about his baseless smear campaign against NOAA scientists

http://democrats.science.house.gov/s...20Subpoena.pdf

Your 'source' is an anti-science conspiracy blog run by a lay person -Tony Heller. How 'transparent' was Tony Heller when he pretended to be a climate scientist called "Steve Goddard" running an anti-science blog for years until he was exposed a year or so ago?

Except when they are. The numerical temperature values entered into the models they use are changed BEFORE they are entered into the models. These altered values are changed for various reasons, but the new value is effectively arbitrary.

Further, none of the models account for all possible variables that could affect the output of the model. They are incomplete. And they are using altered data, not raw values.

Old 11-25-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Lol. Do you not know how to use google or do you usually make a habit to learn about scientific topics from the politics and controversies section of city data....?

Why should I waste time on you? Why can't you take the initiative yourself?
You forget... conveniently... I teach science for a living. But that goes against what you want to believe about me doesn't it?

My question was to you. What specifically is our country and of the rest of the world doing in order to mitigate the so-called coming disaster from anthropogenic global warming? The question was put to you. I asked you that question. So I'm still waiting for you to answer that question. If you continue to not answer that question then what must I think of your knowledge base or your continued input into this conversation?

Let's be clear about this... I asked not how we are cleaning up our country or world. I asked what are we doing in order to prevent coastal flooding. What are we doing about disaster relief? What are we doing about moving people away from the coast? What are we doing about lost agricultural lands? What are we doing about moving people away from the islands that will supposedly be under water in the next few decades?

But you don't answer.

Figures...

Old 11-25-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
You forget... conveniently... I teach science for a living. But that goes against what you want to believe about me doesn't it?
And I'm a millionaire playboy for a living....

If you are a teacher, then why are you trying to gain knowledge from an online city data forum...

Quote:
My question was to you. What specifically is our country and of the rest of the world doing in order to mitigate the so-called coming disaster from anthropogenic global warming? The question was put to you. I asked you that question. So I'm still waiting for you to answer that question. If you continue to not answer that question then what must I think of your knowledge base or your continued input into this conversation?

Let's be clear about this... I asked not how we are cleaning up our country or world. I asked what are we doing in order to prevent coastal flooding. What are we doing about disaster relief? What are we doing about moving people away from the coast? What are we doing about lost agricultural lands? What are we doing about moving people away from the islands that will supposedly be under water in the next few decades?

But you don't answer.

Figures...
And none of that is on Google? You claim to be a teacher yet you seem to be unclear about where one goes to learn information. As a teacher... Would you allow your students to present information from a thread on city data? Yes or no?

Why can't you use google or some other online resource to get an answer?

Old 11-25-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
And I'm a millionaire playboy for a living....

If you are a teacher, then why are you trying to gain knowledge from an online city data forum...

And none of that is on Google? You claim to be a teacher yet you seem to be unclear about where one goes to learn information. As a teacher... Would you allow your students to present information from a thread on city data? Yes or no?

Why can't you use google or some other online resource to get an answer?
As a teacher, I expect my students to prove to me what they know, not what they can look up aND quote back to me. But obviously you can't do this.

You would fail my class.

And you are doing a wonderful job of deflection. You see, I'm not actually trying to gather information. What I'm trying to prove is that from all of this mess that has been created by the AGW crowd, not a single plan is actually in place to mitigate the so-called oncoming disaster. Now I wonder why is that? Is it because, possibly, there is no oncoming disaster? We continue to spend millions and billions of dollars each year on studies supporting the same thing over and over again. But for some reason we don't see many studies showing what we should do to counter the positive feedback loop that we have created. We don't see studies to show what we should do about how to protect their coasts from the rising oceans. We don't see any studies to show what we should do about reorganizing our agricultural lands. Or studies to show what would be the best method of moving people in the soon-to-be flooded lands.

So, my failing student, I ask you one last time. What do you - specifically you - know that we should do in order to mitigate the oncoming disaster. What plans have you - specifically you - seen, read of, studied or heard of that would do just what I asked?

Please, show everyone else who is reading this forum how much you truly know about this topic. Or, on the other hand, you can show everyone how little you actually know about this topic. It sounds as if you talk a very big game, but you honestly don't know that much about it. So please prove to us the readers that you actually can have a coherent intelligent logical conversation. Prove to us, that you are as smart as you seem to think you are.

I expect another deflection, so I'll go ahead and give you your F now.
You've earned it.

Last edited by Starman71; 11-25-2015 at 05:57 PM..

Old 11-25-2015, 05:49 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
With the improvement in temperature measuring equipment through the years, how can you compare data from the old, not so accurate equipment, to the newer equipment? Yet, measurements from the 1800s are compared to modern measurements to show how much the temperature has risen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies