Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 12:39 PM

756 posts, read 424,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Fine. Own your bigotry. Stop trying to deflect the conversation.
I don't see it as bigotry, I see it as common sense.

We have tens of thousand of people that we can't do proper background checks on and even if we COULD there is no guarantee that they don't become radical later, like the woman who blew herself up in France that used to be a party girl.

We are TRILLIONS of dollars in debt, we have our own vets and children sleeping on the streets, but we are supposed to pay whatever it costs to investigate, background check, house, clothe, feed and provide medical care to these people all so liberals can feel better.

Charity is fine. The United States has an excellent record on charity, truth be told, in most polls I've seen CONSERVATIVES have a better record on charity than LIBERALS do

As usual though, libs would rather spend OTHER people's money or relocate refugees into neighborhoods, they will probably never visit or live in themselves. As long as others are taking the risk, what the hey, right? Then liberals call anyone who disagrees with it a coward or a bigot.

Charity is fine when it makes sense and you can afford it, this does neither.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 12:40 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,232,773 times
Quote:
Meanwhile, your leading candidates for President continue to make my "cartoonish" case for me with their solutions and beliefs on Muslims.

Fine. Own your bigotry. Stop trying to deflect the conversation.
Here's a news flash for you regarding these 'refugees', Eddie:

YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO GAMBLE WITH THE LIVES OF YOUR FELLOW AMERICANS SIMPLY TO ASSUAGE YOUR GUILT AND NEED FOR DIVERSITY.

Old 11-20-2015, 12:44 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post

We have tens of thousand of people that we can't do proper background checks on and even if we COULD there is no guarantee that they don't become radical later, like the woman who blew herself up in France that used to be a party girl.

We are TRILLIONS of dollars in debt, we have our own vets and children sleeping on the streets, but we are supposed to pay whatever it costs to investigate, background check, house, clothe, feed and provide medical care to these people all so liberals can feel better.

Charity is fine. The United States has an excellent record on charity, truth be told, in most polls I've seen CONSERVATIVES have a better record on charity than LIBERALS do

As usual though, libs would rather spend OTHER people's money or relocate refugees into neighborhoods, they will probably never visit or live in themselves. As long as others are taking the risk, what the hey, right? Then liberals call anyone who disagrees with it a coward or a bigot.

Charity is fine when it makes sense and you can afford it, this does neither.

Old 11-20-2015, 12:45 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,799 times
Has anyone seen a more hateful and lying group than today's left? Really, these people are simply insane. The rantings in this thread from the left makes me think of pudgy, sweats wearing, spittle covered 20 somethings posting from mom's basement or their junior college student lounge.

Old 11-20-2015, 12:45 PM

808 posts, read 1,678,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Exactly how am I a threat to you? And if I or other conservatives are such a threat, perhaps you could apply for refugee status in another country so that you can be away from "big bad whitey!"

Christ where do you people come up with this delusional crap! Turn off MSNBC and think for yourselves for once!
I'm just looking at who passes and enforces the laws that hurt others with explicit language designed to deny equal rights.

Old 11-20-2015, 12:47 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
If ISIS were a bunch of psychotic Christians chopping peoples head off and blowing crap up, I'd still be vehemently against them being here. I don't care what religion they are or aren't. Crazy folks are crazy folks.

Also, as others have said, I'm sure most of these refugees are fine folks but the problem I have, besides the possibility of a few terrorist mingling amongst them, is the ABSOLUTE drain these people are going to be on the taxpayers. Do we not have enough deadbeats in the country living off the taxpayers already? What are the statistics for Muslim “refugees†already here....something like 91.4% on food stamps and 68.3% on Cash Welfare??

We don't need hundreds of thousands of more people getting on the doles so we can all support them for the rest of their lives.

Old 11-20-2015, 12:50 PM

8,060 posts, read 3,941,959 times
Quote:
Meanwhile, France has not been swayed by the waves of bigotry overtaking American Conservatives and offers more room for refugees while still not discriminating against their native Muslim population.

Actions speak louder than words... Shortly after France said they welcome the refugees, they extended the "state of emergency" (martial law) to the end of next February.

Old 11-20-2015, 12:53 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,200,286 times
Quote:
Are we really supposed to believe that bigotry isn't entrenched in
Conservative ideology?

Well, you can believe what you want. No skin off my nose.

I believe that liberal ideology is entrenched in guilt and carelessness.

There are many people in the world who need help and who have little to no chance of being terrorists who hate the US. I think I'd rather send my money and concern to them.

Old 11-20-2015, 12:55 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Actions speak louder then words... Shortly after France said they welcome the refugees, they extended the "state of emergency" (martial law) to the end of next February.

Yep. The fallout from importing all of these refugees is the further growth of the police state. Perhaps that is what our government wants anyway? Which would be yet another detriment to black folks accusing the cops of targeting them for being black.

Old 11-20-2015, 01:00 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,832,165 times
There is nothing wrong with accepting refugees. The USA has and in recent decades- Vietnames, Cambodians, Laotians, even specific groups Hmongs, but you know they came to work and they did. No one ******* about them.

Then came Cubans, Nics, Haitians, Colombians,Venezuelans and some are awesome and some are trash and some are the devil's spawn. That is suck at the Gov't tit and leech with the best of our trash. My experience in Miami so YMMV.

Then came a bunch from those wars in the former Yugoslavia. I understand they are hard workers.

These folks coming in may be excellent. We do not know. I think there is too much hysteria but the Fed. gov't. is just not providing the info. needed. And the failures in the past few years to anything the Fed says(rep or dem admin) means few are trusting.

I am referring to legal political refugees not other classes of migrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies