Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2008, 05:47 PM

269 posts, read 542,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
First.. we're not talking about friends, dinners etc. we're talking about how EVERYONE .. regardless or race, sex. or socioeconomic status deserves the SAME HIGH QUALITY health care..

We share MORE than a continent in commone.. we are ALL HUMAN BEINGS WHO SHARE THE FACT THAT WE ALL HAVE AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER HEATL ISSUES THAT NEEDS ADDRESSING.

I do not feel that ANYONE should be turen down, denied or have access to any treatment or medicine simply because they don't make as much money as you or me.

I guess you feel that Bill Gates is BETTER than EVERYONE .. heck better than whole countries, because he's one of the wealthiest men in the world! NO..

We're all human beings first! Human beings that live and work in a country together side by side. All people who at one time or another get sick and need help! PERIOD.
Yup, you, me, and the entire population of Mexico, legal or not. Hey, we're all in it together, right?

Old 02-04-2008, 05:55 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,009,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeehound View Post
Yup, you, me, and the entire population of Mexico, legal or not. Hey, we're all in it together, right?

Actually No. I do acknowlege that that problem needs to be fixed first before the UHI can be addressed and funciton properly.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:57 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Please make me stop paying for your health care... I don't want to and I shouldn't have to... after all, it is my money not yours...
What we have now, health care thru bankruptcy, assures you have no other choice but to help pay for someone's health care every time you're billed for your own health care.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:48 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
But education is NOT in the hands of the feds AT ALL! .
Then, I must assume, you have never heard of the FEDERAL requirement: NCLB - No Child Left Behind.

It is the Federal government DICTATING TO YOUR SCHOOL DISTRICTS

Old 02-04-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
What I dont' understand is how does ethnicity play into the ability to get diseases and illness treated.. that doesn't make much sense..

Because, different ethnic groups are more prone to different diseases

Old 02-04-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
I do not feel that it would run up a line of credit..
Under your program (10% of income) to UHI - I will pay over 20,000 for my health insurance - where I now pay 9,000.
Quite a savings for me, don't you think?

OBTW - will the Federal Income tax go down? For, if it does not, I will then be paying close to 50% of my income to the Feds - plus sales taxes, plus my state taxes - Yep - I'll be up around 75% of my income just to pay taxes -

Gee - I might as well quit earning money and live off of you

Old 02-04-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Its a sad fact but we do vote for whover gives the best tv appearances now. It's become a personality contest not a political policy issue
No - you don't vote in the United States.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Under your program (10% of income) to UHI - I will pay over 20,000 for my health insurance - where I now pay 9,000.
Quite a savings for me, don't you think?

OBTW - will the Federal Income tax go down? For, if it does not, I will then be paying close to 50% of my income to the Feds - plus sales taxes, plus my state taxes - Yep - I'll be up around 75% of my income just to pay taxes -

Gee - I might as well quit earning money and live off of you
I was waiting for that argument..
of Cap to it..what cap .. I don't know..t hat wuold have to be determined. 10% was EXTREMELY high.. I was just using taht number to illustrate a point.. The percentage would be much lower..

As for taxes going down.. well perhaps when we get rid of medicare and medicaid.. as it wouldn't be needed in a UHI system..t his would elimnate ALOT of waste.. because it's inefficient now... maybe our taxes that we pay for that would instead be transferred to UHI with an increase in contribution, but the program would be much better funded and more efficiently run.

Also.. lets clean up government spending on the waste, for one. How about the war.. BILLIONS of dollars going into something that a majority of us DO NOT WANT! I'd much rather pay taxes for a UHI than for the Iraqis!!

Restructure the welfare program... make it even more difficult for those to NOT Work and collect ..etc.

Clean up illegal immigration.. that would sav a lot of waste too.. and a lot of sucking dry of our system
Do away with tax cuts for corporations that take jobs overseas! That would add to our tax base AND hey.. BRING JOBS BACK TO THE US.

There are much bigger, more wasteful needless programs eating up yours and MY hard earned money that you should be complaining about rather than fight against something taht.. across the board, really is the best for EVERYONE .. YES.. including YOU! So many thigns out there that, quite honestly are ridiculous.. and you're complainging about a program that would bring QUALITY LIFE SAVING HEALTH CARE FOR ALL!

Of course.. we can also tax those cigs and liquor as you propose to get even MORE into the UHI pot!

Old 02-04-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
No - you don't vote in the United States.
I think he was referring to the UK GreatDay.. GEEZ!

Oh..and being that he is married to an American citizen.. it's quite possible that he has dual citenship!

Old 02-04-2008, 07:31 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,731,801 times
Quote:
I was waiting for that argument..
of Cap to it..what cap .. I don't know..t hat wuold have to be determined. 10% was EXTREMELY high.. I was just using taht number to illustrate a point.. The percentage would be much lower..

As for taxes going down.. well perhaps when we get rid of medicare and medicaid.. as it wouldn't be needed in a UHI system..t his would elimnate ALOT of waste.. because it's inefficient now... maybe our taxes that we pay for that would instead be transferred to UHI with an increase in contribution, but the program would be much better funded and more efficiently run.

Also.. lets clean up government spending on the waste, for one. How about the war.. BILLIONS of dollars going into something that a majority of us DO NOT WANT! I'd much rather pay taxes for a UHI than for the Iraqis!!

Restructure the welfare program... make it even more difficult for those to NOT Work and collect ..etc.

Clean up illegal immigration.. that would sav a lot of waste too.. and a lot of sucking dry of our system
Do away with tax cuts for corporations that take jobs overseas! That would add to our tax base AND hey.. BRING JOBS BACK TO THE US.

There are much bigger, more wasteful needless programs eating up yours and MY hard earned money that you should be complaining about rather than fight against something taht.. across the board, really is the best for EVERYONE .. YES.. including YOU! So many thigns out there that, quite honestly are ridiculous.. and you're complainging about a program that would bring QUALITY LIFE SAVING HEALTH CARE FOR ALL!

Of course.. we can also tax those cigs and liquor as you propose to get even MORE into the UHI pot!
I'm sorry, it's a bad idea know matter which way you look at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies