Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 01:15 PM

30,018 posts, read 18,869,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
I struggle to understand the Left.

They do a good job of fighting bigotry and oppression in the name of Christianity.

But the same Left gives a free pass to Islam which is a million times worse. The language of the Left suddenly changes, it is no longer confrontational.

I am not a Christian or a Muslim, and I'm appalled at the double standard of the Left.
If you've heard of Michael Savage, he labeled the Left mentality that you have described "a mental disorder." As far as I can tell, it really is. In truth, they have been brainwashed for decades by the Progressives who hate Christians and are willing to put their heads literally on the chopping block for Muslims if it damages Christians....it's a mental disorder and they have zero degree of rational thought or logical proportionality.

Old 11-21-2015, 02:33 PM

7,443 posts, read 5,707,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOB View Post
If muslims want to live in western countries they shall either convert to Christianity and accept our way of life or leave. No other choice. We do not want killers in our homes.
Well, Osama fundamentally changed America as he promised and this lays squarely on the backs of moonbats who put him in office. They were taken like fools.

Old 11-21-2015, 03:31 PM

33,843 posts, read 16,875,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
I had friends that worked in SA in the telecommunications industry in the 1980's. They lived in a compound of all Americans, and were never to leave the compound without armed security with them. The most shocking thing they saw was the beheading of drug users down at the local mall parking lot, they would just go out in front of the Sears and lop some heads off, the bystanders would cheer.
No matter how cray they might be, America has freedom of religion and there is nothing we can do to stop them from practicing their religion in the manner they see fit.

but we need not allow them the privilege of living in America, unless they are already citizens.

Old 11-21-2015, 06:27 PM

18,986 posts, read 9,029,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
I struggle to understand the Left.

They do a good job of fighting bigotry and oppression in the name of Christianity.

But the same Left gives a free pass to Islam which is a million times worse. The language of the Left suddenly changes, it is no longer confrontational.

I am not a Christian or a Muslim, and I'm appalled at the double standard of the Left.
A fallacious argument we see here over and over again. No one on the left gives a free pass to terrorists, we just refuse to paint an entire religion with the broad brush of radicalism because of the actions of a very small segment within that religion. But no matter how many times we say that, conservatives pretend we never qualified our position, and merely revert back to their self-created pretense that all liberals give a pass to all Muslims.

You refuse to acknowledge what we say because it doesn't fit into your narrative and then you would have nothing to be "appalled" about. And that is what is truly appalling here.

Old 11-21-2015, 06:32 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,557,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
A fallacious argument we see here over and over again. No one on the left gives a free pass to terrorists, we just refuse to paint an entire religion with the broad brush of radicalism because of the actions of a very small segment within that religion. But no matter how many times we say that, conservatives pretend we never qualified our position, and merely revert back to their self-created pretense that all liberals give a pass to all Muslims.

You refuse to acknowledge what we say because it doesn't fit into your narrative and then you would have nothing to be "appalled" about. And that is what is truly appalling here.
If I could quote Obama to sum it up:

'KKK and Crusades are Christian, but ISIS has nothing to do with Islam'

http://youtu.be/kg84Bhtxg6M

Old 11-21-2015, 09:21 PM

56,990 posts, read 35,095,587 times
No one is obligated to rally about anything

If I were a Muslim, I wouldn't hold a rally either. It's not their job to make you comfortable and allay your fears.

Old 11-21-2015, 09:25 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,923,105 times
Quote:

Do you really believe the nonsense you post?

Old 11-21-2015, 09:44 PM

7,443 posts, read 5,707,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No one is obligated to rally about anything

If I were a Muslim, I wouldn't hold a rally either. It's not their job to make you comfortable and allay your fears.
You are correct but the deafing silence is taken as approval so they place themselves in the same class. Libets crack me up. They encourage black lives matter to burn, destroy and spew racism bit when an entire class of people don't speak out against real atrocities is ok. Good God, liberalism is either a severe mental disability or they just aren't that smart or both.

Old 11-21-2015, 10:24 PM

34,301 posts, read 15,581,416 times
Quote:

This is why your argument gets little support. Many will agree that it is a small percentage of Muslims that are radical. With 1.2 billion Muslims world wide only around 20 percent are radical. Or just over 200 million around the world.

It only took 19 radicals to kill over 3000 people on 9/11. The small minority that you are not concerned with are the ones killing people and the rest of moderate Muslims were irrelevant on that day. Yes we have over 2 million Muslims in the USA that were irrelevant when the small number of radicals go about attacking and killing the greatest number possible. And this is the story that we see over and over from the Boston Bombers to the Paris attack. Small numbers killing large numbers of innocent people who just want to live their lives the best they can like most people in this world.
It's sad to have to throw the baby out with the bath water. We wouldn't have to do that if the Muslims were willing to accept and act in accord with the Constitution and renounce Sharia Law and attempt to assimilate into this country without asking for special favor or expecting others to give up their rights under the Constitution to accommodate them.

This short youtube says it better :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry3NzkAOo3s

Old 11-21-2015, 10:40 PM

56,990 posts, read 35,095,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
You are correct but the deafing silence is taken as approval so they place themselves in the same class. Libets crack me up. They encourage black lives matter to burn, destroy and spew racism bit when an entire class of people don't speak out against real atrocities is ok. Good God, liberalism is either a severe mental disability or they just aren't that smart or both.
So what if it's taken as approval by the likes of you. And? Are they supposed to be considerate of your feelings about Muslims?

As for the Black Lives Matter movement, I don't know what the hell you're talking about. I've never rendered an opinion on it nor will I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies