Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think he should get the death Penalty?
yes 31 88.57%
no 4 11.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 10:35 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

I am rewording my question, If this man is proven Guilty, should he get the death penalty?
Yes.

Some crimes are hideous enough that death should be the consequence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 10:37 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Yes.

Some crimes are hideous enough that death should be the consequence.
Unfortunately, that means these people will have at least 20 more years of breathing until they finally get their date with the needle.

Old 11-22-2015, 10:40 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Unfortunately, that means these people will have at least 20 more years of breathing until they finally get their date with the needle.
A very miserable 20 years, one would hope. Among fellow prisoners who are all too willing to show their appreciation to a child molester/murderer.

Old 11-22-2015, 10:41 AM

369 posts, read 193,596 times
No. I think he deserves to die, but that is different than endorsing deliberate killing as a matter of state policy.

Old 11-22-2015, 10:42 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Wow, that is the oldest looking 38 year old I've ever seen.

I've said it for years, even though it will never happen in this country. But people who have proven a willingness to do physical harm to others for money or sexual gratification or if they just like violence need to be removed from society permanently. Whether it be the death penalty or an island/farm for them to live separately until death so be it. Something happens to a human once they do violence to others for reasons other than self defense and that needs to be identified. I'm not talking about bar brawls or fights over women, I'm talking about murderers, rapists or thieves who use violence.

They are like a man eating Lion, they need to be put down or removed.

Old 11-22-2015, 10:42 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,115,213 times
considering torture before death, hmmm

Old 11-22-2015, 10:53 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Here recently, in Anderson County of Texas, a neighbor sat and drank some beer with his neighbors (who were camping out on their land), then he went and got a gun, and killed six of the seven people (one person escaped). I believe several were children.

Here is the problem with your posting: I do not believe that society 'allows this to continue'. Even if this person you write of was facing the death penalty, he probably would have done this act. Texas has a vigorous death penalty, but that did not stop the Anderson County man.

With the suicide of one of my nephews, my sister (the mother) has been vocal in stating that 'we must stop the suicides of our children'. Yet, since my nephew's death three years ago, suicides among the youth have continued unabated. In no wise is society 'allowing' the suicides of our youths.

It is a problem that Mankind has faced since the beginning. Everyday horrible people are being born, who, someday, will commit mayhem.

I am one of those who thinks that we must quit wasting our resources and prison cells on those who are imprisoned for such things as using some cocaine or marijuana (not the dealers, but the user). Perhaps we can then spend more on providing true mental health services to those at risk, although identifying such people is difficult (the Anderson County man had never been in trouble; no one had any inking of my nephew's inner turmoil).
thank you for your perspectives....greatly appreciate....I was sexually abused by an uncle, for many years, and all my cousins, were to, he even raped his son....so I truly get emotional b/c I've seen first hand how these animals ruin lives....my cousin's are all a mess to this day....and I believe one of them, is actually jealous of me, b/c I didn't live there....and have to put up with it...I was lucky...they were not....

But, your right, in a way, but I've tried to talk to churches about this, neighbors, family and no one seems to want to do anything about it.

It is proven that today, in this world right now, statistics show that 1 out of 4 people are mentally ill. It is in fact, due to very bad parenting....when a baby is not held and loved, something triggers chemically in the brain...and unfortunately affects that child for a lifetime. Also, way to many children are being raised fatherless with mothers who are not good parents.

And I would be willing to bet, that this man, who was arrested, if he is in fact the murder, he was tramatically abused as well.

A tramatic childhood also adds to mental illness...

My thoughts are this, when people get angry and stick together, things change....
Look what is happening with Trump and maybe someday, this to will change....in the meantime, thank you for your unbiased perspectives.

Old 11-22-2015, 10:53 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Yes, if he is found guilty. That said, what kind of parents do not keep track of their children when they are away from home. She never should have been out of their sight.
Agree - he should die if guilty. Agree also - 7 year old should not be gone for 25 minutes in a football stadium. Too young to be wandering around without an adult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Yeah. That's my problem as well.

Old 11-22-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhno75 View Post
No. I think he deserves to die, but that is different than endorsing deliberate killing as a matter of state policy.
can you be more specific, not sure I understand you perspective with this post...wait, I see what you mean, according to state policy? Yes....I understand...thank you

Old 11-22-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Agree - he should die if guilty. Agree also - 7 year old should not be gone for 25 minutes in a football stadium. Too young to be wandering around without an adult.

Yeah. That's my problem as well.
As soon as they turned around, she was gone, and it can happen to anyone....and if that were not true...she would have been missing a lot longer.....as soon as she went missing they started screaming police, these parents were not bad parents, and this wasn't a case of bad parenting....and all of you who think this way, can thank your lucky stars it never happened to you.

The fact that she was 'only" missing for 25 minutes speaks volumns.

You can be the best parent, the most protective parent, and something like this can happen, or a kid can get lost in a mall or grocery store, it happens....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies