Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 01:17 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,053,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Guess, he views them as Freedom fighters. I look Mohammad as just another violent conqueror who took over the middle east and expended from there.
Guess you are not smart enough to realize that is the way they see THEMSELVES it has nothing to do with how I see their actions. Tell you what I do see, I see what our meddling has created and only stoked the fires of hate. BTW mentioning Mohammad is just propaganda to boast your opinion and narrow view.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:17 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,370,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
What would you do when a foreign country invades, occupies and kills millions of your people, kills your friends and family and people you know? Would you be hell-bent on taking revenge? Yes you would be radicalized by such horrific things happening to your country and become an 'extremist' too. It's only natural.

That's what happened when the US invaded Iraq, destroyed the country and slaughtered millions of their people for no apparent reason. Who are the real terrorists?

Personally, I would still be keeping score from 1979 and welcome anyone willing to kill Saddam Hussein...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR1X3zV6X5Y

Old 11-23-2015, 01:53 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Personally, I would still be keeping score from 1979 and welcome anyone willing to kill Saddam Hussein...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR1X3zV6X5Y
These nuts can't make up their mind. In the 90's they complained about dictators in the ME and said they wanted Democracy for those nations. Now they say it's a bad idea to try and install Democracy there and we should have left the dictators, EXCEPT Ghaddaffi and now Assad, for some reason they want/wanted them gone. They surely are a confused bunch aren't they?

Old 11-23-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
These nuts can't make up their mind. In the 90's they complained about dictators in the ME and said they wanted Democracy for those nations. Now they say it's a bad idea to try and install Democracy there and we should have left the dictators, EXCEPT Ghaddaffi and now Assad, for some reason they want/wanted them gone. They surely are a confused bunch aren't they?
Saddam was our boy and he used the chemical weapons we supplied on the Kurd but you already knew that

Old 11-23-2015, 02:05 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
BS Premise on this thread.
I know. Truth hurts.

Old 11-23-2015, 02:29 PM

132 posts, read 91,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
Jingoists conveniently forget the West's Cold War strategy was to arm the Islamic extremists that became al-Qaida

{snip}

“In Islamic history, jihad as an international violent phenomenon had disappeared in the last 400 years, for all practical purposes. It was revived suddenly with American help in the 1980s. When the Soviet Union intervened in Afghanistan, Zia ul-Haq, the [U.S.-backed] military dictator of Pakistan, which borders on Afghanistan, saw an opportunity and launched a jihad there against godless communism. The U.S. saw a God-sent opportunity to mobilize one billion Muslims against what Reagan called the ‘Evil Empire.’

[MOD CUT/copyright]

We created Islamic extremism: Those blaming Islam for ISIS would have supported Osama bin Laden in the ’80s - Salon.com
Quote:
A declassified secret US government document obtained by the conservative public interest law firm, Judicial Watch, shows that Western governments deliberately allied with al-Qaeda and other Islamist extremist groups to topple Syrian dictator Bashir al-Assad. [In coordination with the Gulf states and Turkey], the West intentionally sponsored violent Islamist groups to destabilize Assad, and that these “supporting powers” desired the emergence of a “Salafist Principality” in Syria to “isolate the Syrian regime.”
Quote:
According to the newly declassified US document, the Pentagon foresaw the likely rise of the ‘Islamic State’ as a direct consequence of this strategy, and warned that it could destabilize Iraq. Despite anticipating that Western, Gulf state and Turkish support for the “Syrian opposition” — which included al-Qaeda in Iraq — could lead to the emergence of an ‘Islamic State’ in Iraq and Syria (ISIS), the document provides no indication of any decision to reverse the policy of support to the Syrian rebels. On the contrary, the emergence of an al-Qaeda affiliated “Salafist Principality” as a result is described as a strategic opportunity to isolate Assad.
https://medium.com/insurge-intellige...092#.q6bwnnlkr

Old 11-23-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysoul View Post
I would not be surprised. This what I've been saying we need to stop causing more havoc.

Old 11-23-2015, 02:32 PM

1,676 posts, read 945,251 times
We did not "create" it---Mohammed did. Our stupid leadership just gave them more weapons and made excuses for why they act that way.

Old 11-23-2015, 02:33 PM

5,896 posts, read 3,897,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
According to Clinton and Sanders, Islamic terrorism is due to the weather. Next.
And George W. said that terrorists hate us because we're "free and prosperous." Think Sanders even schools the old Texan here.

Old 11-23-2015, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
We did not "create" it---Mohammed did. Our stupid leadership just gave them more weapons and made excuses for why they act that way.
IMO you should take a history class, it would do you a world of good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies