Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 10:21 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,107,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
...wait a minute... isn't that the Republicans?

Makes me think maybe I should join the Demofrats. At least it seems most of them aren't suffering mental illness
Typo?? I'm sure you meant Demofarts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 10:27 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,108,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
When the word "obstructionist" comes up the name Harry Reid comes to mind.
Please explain the difference between Harry Reid's "obstructionism" and the Hastert Rule that's been in effect since Republicans took the House...

Old 11-25-2015, 05:29 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,507,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
...wait a minute... isn't that the Republicans?

Makes me think maybe I should join the Demofrats. At least it seems most of them aren't suffering mental illness
The one thing the GOP base is good at is projection

Old 11-25-2015, 05:59 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,107,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Please explain the difference between Harry Reid's "obstructionism" and the Hastert Rule that's been in effect since Republicans took the House...

What's the difference between two corrupt parties? Nothing. But it doesn't change the fact that Reid was/is an obstructionist.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:04 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,206,347 times
Funny no one in the Senate has anything bad to say about this guy. Yet The GOP does not want to bring his nomination to the floor. Does the Majority Leader not want to support the destruction of ISIS?

While lyin Ryan can get some trash on the floor in about a day or so yet bills which need to be passed sit and sit.

The GOP has one idea and that is too do nothing.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:15 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Of course you jest. (sarcasm) When Obama leaves office he will be the proud owner of bearing the title as being the most polarizing president in history.

He ticks off all the boxes on polarization.

"Polarization is an effect that drives people so far apart on an issue it is as if they are at opposite poles. The people become emotionally attached to one side of an issue and become almost incapable of seeing any virtues in the opposing position or any faults in their own. It makes responsible thinking about the issue difficult or impossible.
So, if you don't like someone, you can blame him for making you polarized? Anyone can apply that thinking to anyone. Dems can apply it to GOP, which they did BTW when "G" was president (he was also accused of being the most polarized president ever).

It is a meaningless argument. I am not any more or less polarized after "W" or Obama. I do not allow people to manipulate me into becoming "emotionally attached" to a political party. Such manipulation only works on a weakest of minds.

The GOP automatically opposing everything has nothing to do with Obama having polarized them, they are simply going by their play-book. Their strategy is to oppose everything, and find a way to make is look like it's Obama's fault.

It's politics man, politics....(Platoon)

Old 11-25-2015, 06:18 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,948,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Is there more to this than what meets the eye? This is HuffPo we are talking about.
A credible source would be nice. HuffPo ain't it.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:25 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,940,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Is there more to this than what meets the eye? This is HuffPo we are talking about.
No, there isn't more than this that meets the eye. Ok, you think that The Huffington Post is too liberal. This is from The Hill,

Quote:
“I believe you’re eminently qualified for the job,” Banking Committee Chairman Richard Shelby (R-Ala.) told Szubin.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:41 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,259,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryview22 View Post
A Nominee Essential To Fighting ISIS Has Stalled For No Reason

These legislators and their minions in the general public are spewing every day about how Barack Hussein Obama hates America and has been lame in fighting ISIL.

Well, I just learned today about what I deem to be a near treasonous stonewalling on this critical nominee. The right wing blowhards want Obama to go swaggering about talking and acting tough on terror, yet these sickos in Congress are stalling on this nomination.

I would love to have just one of these conservative crackheads explain why the hell they are doing this - just so I can watch the lips moving.
The nominee is Adam Szubin and he has ZERO to do with ISIS. Szubin heads up the Sanctions department at Treasury as "acting" head. TeamObama wants him to remove the Sanctions against Iran and Cuba. He is also under investigation by the Inspector General, due to his very low rating as an Administer. Szubin has been "acting" Under-Secretary since January - is TeamObama now claiming that the poor US response to ISIS is the fault of the acting Under Secretary and that IF he were confirmed as Under Secretary of the US Treasury ...... then ISIS would magically be "degraded and destroyed"?
That's pretty funny.

Critical Nominee? Only if you consider removing Sanctions against Iran while they continue to develop Nuclear weapons is "critical".

Old 11-25-2015, 07:12 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,940,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The nominee is Adam Szubin and he has ZERO to do with ISIS.
Ahum, the job Mr. Szubin has been nominated to fill is the under secretary for terrorism and financial intelligence in the Treasury Department, which aids the effort to stop money flowing to ISIS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies